Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Diego, California, USA {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 6, 2014, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Diego, California, USA {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
I agree with the other posters... we prefer the Gaslamp for location... easy walking to restaurants (and the wonderful New Children's Museum).
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Gaslamp is a much better location. There are pay lots scattered about downtown within a few blocks of the Hilton Gaslamp where you may find longer term parking less expensive than parking with the hotel itself. (Metered parking is only good for two hours on Saturday, free on Sunday.)

You'd still pay to park in the Little Italy locations, no? The pay for parking issue seems like a "can't see the forest because of the trees" type of situation to me.
You've got me convinced about Gaslamp location. Hilton Gaslamp Quater it is! )))

PS Of course, I would have to park either way. But it is nice to have cheaper options not far by instead of paying $40/night.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:26 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Old Dec 24, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone have any feedback or stay reports on Hotel La Jolla Curio Collection? It looks like a nice but older property with a good location in La Jolla but can't find much information on Hilton benefits, etc.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Best Hilton hotel in San Diego?

Not too fussed about location, just looking for something half decent perhaps that treats Diamonds well and has decent rooms.

Would be looking to stay a week.

Thanks
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa on Mission Bay is my recommendations. Just finished another wonderful stay there.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, HH Diamond, Enterprise Gold
Resort is good, just got upgraded to the presidential suite a few weeks ago. Hotel del Coronado is unique and treated this diamond very well.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Just finished a great 4 night stay at Hilton Gaslamp. Checked in online through the app. Arrived to find I had been upgraded to a king whirlpool suite. Beautiful room. Lots of food in walking distance. Convention center just across the street. Contennential breakfast benefit for Diamond, $10 upgrade to full breakfast.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
Anyone have any feedback or stay reports on Hotel La Jolla Curio Collection? It looks like a nice but older property with a good location in La Jolla but can't find much information on Hilton benefits, etc.
Currently at this hotel. All rooms are ocean facing. Floors 1-5 have little to no ocean view due to obstruction. Ocean view rooms start on floor 6. No upgrade to Ocean view as Diamond - claims sold out (didn't verify). That said, I love my standard room on floor #5 : nice interior, large bathroom, view of La Jolla hills, surrounded by palm trees, and the afternoon sunshine put me in happy vacation mode.

No lounge. Was given daily breakfast voucher good for continental breakfast or $10 towards anything on menu, both at Cusp restaurant on 11th floor which has panoramic ocean view of La Jolla Shores. Parking is $34 valet or free parking in nearby residential streets.

Despite limited Diamond amenities, I am really enjoying this stay due to the location and vibe. A walk to La Jolla reminded me why I love this town.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:44 pm

Any recommendations for a resort property within a couple of hours drive from Los Angeles? We're looking for a Labor Day weekend getaway with two small kids (oldest is five) and planning on spending most of our time on property. We've been to the Hotel Coronado and enjoyed it, but we're also interested in trying somewhere new.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel
Any recommendations for a resort property within a couple of hours drive from Los Angeles? We're looking for a Labor Day weekend getaway with two small kids (oldest is five) and planning on spending most of our time on property. We've been to the Hotel Coronado and enjoyed it, but we're also interested in trying somewhere new.
Hi,

Not San diego but how about la quinta in Palm Springs ( or were you looking specifically at San diego) ( and if it is at a reasonable price)

https://www.laquintaresort.com/

Regards
TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Feb 11, 2018 at 3:20 am
Old Feb 11, 2018, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Not San diego but how about la quinta in Palm Springs ( or were you looking specifically at San diego) ( and if it is at a reasonable price)

https://www.laquintaresort.com/

Regards
TBS
I hadn't considered Palm Springs, but the La Quinta looks very promising. I couldn't tell from the photos, but do you know if any of the pools are "zero-entry", i.e. they start at zero depth and you can wade into it as if you were at a beach?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel
I hadn't considered Palm Springs, but the La Quinta looks very promising. I couldn't tell from the photos, but do you know if any of the pools are "zero-entry", i.e. they start at zero depth and you can wade into it as if you were at a beach?
Hi,
I'm not sure and the photos on the website do not look like a zero entry. You may wish to look at the dedicated Lq quinta thread on thhe hitlon forum. The hotel I stayed at in San diego ( Hilton Gaslamp) only had a small pool and the Marriott Coronado Island does not look like a zero entry pool either but the hotel looks nice.

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta PL, Hilton Diamond, past AA Gold
Hilton gaslamp 50$ for parking

Paid 50$ at gaslamp for parking a couple weeks ago. So Im not exaggerating 49$ and its not even 24 hrs..just till 2pm and we came in late and were staying late. IMO rediculous
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:21 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dealOCD
Paid 50$ at gaslamp for parking a couple weeks ago. So Im not exaggerating 49$ and its not even 24 hrs..just till 2pm and we came in late and were staying late. IMO rediculous
That's pretty common downtown in larger cities. I paid that at the IC New Orleans this year and I arrived at 4 PM and left the next day at 8 AM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.