Hilton Barbados Resort
Needham's Point, St. Michael, Bridgetown BB 11000, Barbados
TEL: +1-246-426-0200 FAX: +1-246-434-5770
Email [email protected]
Link to Hilton web page.

Parking: free

Check in: 4:00 pm (strict), check out 11:00 am

Smoking: No smoking

Pets or service animals: No (Barbados law permits this)

Location on the southwestern point with Carlisle Bay on the West and the Southern Shote on the South, on the Caribbean Sea . Near Bridgetown and its cruise port, just coastsude from the Garrison.

BGI / Grantley Adams International Airport is 11 miles away (~30 minutes, but urban traffic can be slow at times - add 10-15 minutes if work or schoolkids rush hours), taxi cost ~$25 USD.

The property consists of two connected north-south oriented towers, the eastern Lighthouse Tower with the Bernard St. John Suite and the Fort Tower (Executive Lounge on floor 8 in the Fort Tower). All rooms face east and south (toward Oistins and distantly toward BGI / Grantley Adams International Airport.

Rooms all face westward; Fort Tower overlooks pools area, Lighthouse Tower overlooks Lighthouse and D. J. dance area, looking toward Oistins. A few end suites in the Fort Tower overlook scenic Carlisle Bay. Beaches include very calm Carlisle Bay, and south Pebbles Beach with a rock sea wall with inlet and small bay. Rooms are being refurbished (since 2015, continues Nov 2017).

Floors 8 and 6 are designated Executive floors. Safes in rooms. Refrigerators (not mini-bars) in room. Executive rooms include bathrobes, apparently not slippers. Peter Thomas Roth amenities in baths, H collection linens.

Executive Lounge: 8th floor west, Fort Tower, card access. Gorgeous Carlisle Bay views. Basic Continental breakfast; cakes at 3 pm, very basic canapés at 5 pm; coffee, teas, soft drinks, water - alcoholic drinks after 5 for sale only. Crowded, not especially comfortable. $30 Bd / $15 USD add on for hot cooked breakfast in Lighthouse Terrace Restaurant for Lounge-eligible giests, Continental (cold offerings) breakfast free for Lounge eligible guests.

Amenities (link):
Children's club and activities (ground floor)

Eforea Spa

Precor Fitness facility

Pools, beaches, beach chairs and umbrellas
Restaurants (link):
Lighthouse Terrace: Open 6:30 am - 10:00 pm for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A la carte and buffet.

The Grille: Open dinner only Tuesday to Saturday from 6.30pm to 10.00 pm. Closed on Sundays and Mondays. Reservations best.

Water's Edge Bar : tables with umbrellas, drinks and snacks including burgers, fish sandwiches. Open daily 10:00 am - 9:00 pm.

Cuppa Café coffee shop: coffees, soft drinks, pastries. Open 5:30 am - 9:00 pm.

Careenage Bar: limited snacks

Note restaurant schedules will vary according to chalkboards placed daily in the Lobby.

Room Service: 6:00 am - 11:00 pm
Nearby food alternatives West :
Cuz' Fish Shack - just 250 feet west on Aquatic Gap, highly rated fish sandwiches. Walk out of the hotel lobby and follow Aquatic Gap on your left, small blue box trailer.

Brown Sugar: (link) left on Bay Street 0.4 miles near Radisson

Lobster Alive: flies Grenadines-caught spiny lobsters in on their own aircraft, prepares several ways. 1.2 miles west on Bay Street. Link
Down Hastings Road to east within 1-1.5 miles: (right on Hastings from Hilton)
Mama Mia Italian Deli and Pizzeria, highly rated

Buzo Osteria Italiana, Italian Restaurant

New York Pizza
Updated by JDiver 22 Nov 2017

Print Wikipost

Hilton Barbados Resort {BRB}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 1999, 7:18 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Barbados Resort {BRB}

I am staying here in November for five days - any comments or suggestions of things to do?
Old Mar 11, 1999, 11:06 am
Original Member

I have heard from the Diamond desk at Hilton that the property is closing as of May 1st for major renevations, and is not due to open until December 28th. I would not want you to go and not have anywhere to stay!

[This message has been edited by rewardplanner (edited 03-11-99).]
Old Apr 18, 2001, 11:00 pm
T Q

Programs: HHonors/Marriott/Starwood/SWA Rapid Rewards
Barbados - New Hilton opening May 2001..need info..

I noticed on the hhonors website, that a new Hilton (luxury) is opening at Needham's point in west Barbados near Bridgetown. I can't book it yet (until May 31) but I'd like to know if:

a) is it brand new? (or remodeled existing hotel?)
b) How does Barbados compare to Maui?

Forgive my naive questions but I'm comparing using 30 k AA miles to get to Barbados from CA vs. 35 k AA miles to get to Maui. I'm wondering what my family would think of Barbados compared to Maui. We're not world travelers really (not sure about food over there etc.)
Any info would be appreciated.

I'm hoping to use 150 k hh points for the 6 night stay.

All advice and info appreciated...
Thanks..T Q
Old Apr 19, 2001, 12:21 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
You have plenty of time to do your research. It doesn't open til 2004: http://www.hilton.com/hotels/BGIHITW/index.html See also http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/004424.html for a discusiion (sort of).

[This message has been edited by cactuspete (edited 04-19-2001).]
Old Apr 20, 2001, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Catuspete,

Hiltons Website used to say "opening May 2001" but now it does not say anything. Where can I read that it opens in 2004. I followed your link and then some sub links but could not find the 2004 open date.

Thanks
Old Apr 20, 2001, 9:02 pm
T Q

Thanks for the info., Cactus Pete. It's amazing how fast I can get info from my FT friends. I typed it in at 10 pm and then at 6:30 am while pressing my clothes for my job, voila..the answer! I can't believe my hotel plans are reduced to a hole in the ground. Actually it's pretty humorous. It looks like Maui is the place!

Originally posted by tasnam:
Catuspete,

Hiltons Website used to say "opening May 2001" but now it does not say anything. Where can I read that it opens in 2004. I followed your link and then some sub links but could not find the 2004 open date.

Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2001, 8:04 pm

T Q,

Do you know the answer to my above question?
Old Apr 23, 2001, 10:13 pm
T Q

Tasman,

google.com had a guzillion pages of "barbados hilton" hits. I found this post but it was done in 11/99 indicating in would reopen in Sep 2001. The 800 # however may get you the accurate date of opening.

If you call, please post the answer here so we can all plan our next award trip there!

here's the post:

On the hotel front, the Barbados Hilton closed in May (1999) for an extensive reconstruction. Its grand reopening, set for September 2001, will mark the beginning of better services for both leisure and corporate guests. The hotel will expand from 182 rooms to 350 rooms, including 27 suites. For business travelers the hotel has developed Meetings 2000, a full-service business center. It will offer a range of conference rooms with audiovisual equipment and training facilities. There will also be 10 meeting rooms with a total capacity of 600, as well as dedicated executive floors and a club room. Call 800-HILTONS.

For more information, call the Barbados Tourism Authority at 800-221-9831 or 212-986-9516.

T Q

Originally posted by tasnam:
T Q,

Do you know the answer to my above question?
Old Apr 23, 2001, 11:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
tasnam, sorry I didn't see your question until now. I had trouble posting that Hilton link, for some reason it just would not work. It did say "opening in May 2004", though.
Old Apr 27, 2001, 7:00 pm

Any Hilton insiders know the real answer to the Hilton Barbados question?

Please help us out.
Old Apr 28, 2001, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
My wife and I stayed at the St. Lucia Hilton in the summer of 1999 and the manager then said that he was leaving the next year to move to the Barbados Hilton to open it up, don't know if that has changed since then.
Old Apr 29, 2001, 11:28 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
There is a new Hilton at Tobago. We have not been but, also being from CA, do like the Caribbean for variety. Tobago has terrific beaches. A Point Stretcher award is available June 1 - 17. Food is really interesting - we have stayed at the Trinidad Hilton, no beach. En route by car to the main beach, we stopped for roti sandwiches at a roadside stand, met our US Ambassador who was there with his family! There was a poet man who made up a long poem for both families!!

Last summer, we stayed at the very new St Lucia Hyatt (really cheap grand opening rates and upgrades). I also recommend the St Lucia Jalousie Hilton - had lunch there. They have a free shuttle to town. It is a renovated hotel, rather than new. Gorgeous setting between two mountains, cottages, and better beach than Hyatt (need beach shoes there because of the coral).

You need to break out of the Hawaii box. Water is warmer in the Caribbean and snorkeling is terrific. Your kids will love it. If you do go to Hawaii, why not Waikoloa on Kona instead of Maui so your kids can swim with the dolphins?

[This message has been edited by Karen2 (edited 04-29-2001).]
Old Jan 17, 2002, 3:47 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Barbados Hilton- Open yet?

I stayed at the Barbados Hilton in 1998..it was torn down and they said it would be rebuilt. Any info would be helpful. Are there any other Hilton properties in Barbados?

------------------
MRKEY
Old May 2, 2002, 4:19 am

No, they are still talking about a ground-breaking for the project every year for the last four years:

http://www.barbadosadvocate.com/NewV...fm?Record=7675

It was even supposed to be opened last year according to the Hilton website. No, there are no other Hilton properties on the island. In fact, there are no other major hotel chains on the island except Fairmont. Marriot was the last to pull out a number of years ago. However, there are lots of great hotels large and small from the recently reopened exclusive Sandy Lane Hotel to the all-inclusive Almond Beach Village.
Old May 6, 2002, 11:34 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Thanks for the reply..I am going to Barbados tomorrow..too bad about Hilton's pull-out. I now normally stay at The Accra Beach Hotel..but the Fairmont might earn milage...any info on that property might really help. Thanks

------------------
MRKEY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.