Hilton Barbados Resort
Needham's Point, St. Michael, Bridgetown BB 11000, Barbados
TEL: +1-246-426-0200 FAX: +1-246-434-5770
Email [email protected]
Link to Hilton web page.

Parking: free

Check in: 4:00 pm (strict), check out 11:00 am

Smoking: No smoking

Pets or service animals: No (Barbados law permits this)

Location on the southwestern point with Carlisle Bay on the West and the Southern Shote on the South, on the Caribbean Sea . Near Bridgetown and its cruise port, just coastsude from the Garrison.

BGI / Grantley Adams International Airport is 11 miles away (~30 minutes, but urban traffic can be slow at times - add 10-15 minutes if work or schoolkids rush hours), taxi cost ~$25 USD.

The property consists of two connected north-south oriented towers, the eastern Lighthouse Tower with the Bernard St. John Suite and the Fort Tower (Executive Lounge on floor 8 in the Fort Tower). All rooms face east and south (toward Oistins and distantly toward BGI / Grantley Adams International Airport.

Rooms all face westward; Fort Tower overlooks pools area, Lighthouse Tower overlooks Lighthouse and D. J. dance area, looking toward Oistins. A few end suites in the Fort Tower overlook scenic Carlisle Bay. Beaches include very calm Carlisle Bay, and south Pebbles Beach with a rock sea wall with inlet and small bay. Rooms are being refurbished (since 2015, continues Nov 2017).

Floors 8 and 6 are designated Executive floors. Safes in rooms. Refrigerators (not mini-bars) in room. Executive rooms include bathrobes, apparently not slippers. Peter Thomas Roth amenities in baths, H collection linens.

Executive Lounge: 8th floor west, Fort Tower, card access. Gorgeous Carlisle Bay views. Basic Continental breakfast; cakes at 3 pm, very basic canapés at 5 pm; coffee, teas, soft drinks, water - alcoholic drinks after 5 for sale only. Crowded, not especially comfortable. $30 Bd / $15 USD add on for hot cooked breakfast in Lighthouse Terrace Restaurant for Lounge-eligible giests, Continental (cold offerings) breakfast free for Lounge eligible guests.

Amenities (link):
Children's club and activities (ground floor)

Eforea Spa

Precor Fitness facility

Pools, beaches, beach chairs and umbrellas
Restaurants (link):
Lighthouse Terrace: Open 6:30 am - 10:00 pm for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A la carte and buffet.

The Grille: Open dinner only Tuesday to Saturday from 6.30pm to 10.00 pm. Closed on Sundays and Mondays. Reservations best.

Water's Edge Bar : tables with umbrellas, drinks and snacks including burgers, fish sandwiches. Open daily 10:00 am - 9:00 pm.

Cuppa Café coffee shop: coffees, soft drinks, pastries. Open 5:30 am - 9:00 pm.

Careenage Bar: limited snacks

Note restaurant schedules will vary according to chalkboards placed daily in the Lobby.

Room Service: 6:00 am - 11:00 pm
Nearby food alternatives West :
Cuz' Fish Shack - just 250 feet west on Aquatic Gap, highly rated fish sandwiches. Walk out of the hotel lobby and follow Aquatic Gap on your left, small blue box trailer.

Brown Sugar: (link) left on Bay Street 0.4 miles near Radisson

Lobster Alive: flies Grenadines-caught spiny lobsters in on their own aircraft, prepares several ways. 1.2 miles west on Bay Street. Link
Down Hastings Road to east within 1-1.5 miles: (right on Hastings from Hilton)
Mama Mia Italian Deli and Pizzeria, highly rated

Buzo Osteria Italiana, Italian Restaurant

New York Pizza
Updated by JDiver 22 Nov 2017

Print Wikipost

Hilton Barbados Resort {BRB}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2021, 10:25 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Originally Posted by babyg_wc
So do Golds or Diamonds get hot breakfast here? Does it include everybody in room? Seems to be a few conflicting posts here?

I will say i booked Barbados because i found some very cheap airfares, so far my hotel search has me considering cancellation,, the hotel options here seem poor (and not just the hilton)
When we stayed as Gold we got a free basic continental breakfast , nothing to shout home about . Personally I would save your dollars for a lunch outside and not bother upgrading to hot .
Why not consider an air bnb or Villa etc rather than a seaside type holiday market hotel ? Or do a bit of both as we did .
babyg_wc likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 12:10 pm

Location: Everywhere & Nowhere - living in hotels worldwide 365
Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat/IC Amb, Hyatt Globalist, GHA Plat
Originally Posted by babyg_wc
So do Golds or Diamonds get hot breakfast here? Does it include everybody in room? Seems to be a few conflicting posts here?
I can't speak to the other two posts you quoted, but will say that those posts are from late last year/early this year. Much has changed since then. Everywhere.

Per the HH T&C: "As part of your MyWay benefits, you’ll receive a Daily Food & Beverage Credit at select brands in the U.S., and complimentary Continental Breakfast at select brands outside the U.S. Either the Credit or Continental Breakfast will be given to you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each night of your stay."

The cold breakfast which included meats, cheeses, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, fruit, breads, muffins, scones, croissants, granola, and other things, was free to Gold and Diamond elite members as of my posting earlier this month. It also includes coffee and fruit juices. The hot breakfast upgrade adds the omelet station and a rotating variety of hot items and costs US$ 10.85 charge (BB 21.70).
babyg_wc likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Kikuchiyo
I can't speak to the other two posts you quoted, but will say that those posts are from late last year/early this year. Much has changed since then. Everywhere.

Per the HH T&C: "As part of your MyWay benefits, you’ll receive a Daily Food & Beverage Credit at select brands in the U.S., and complimentary Continental Breakfast at select brands outside the U.S. Either the Credit or Continental Breakfast will be given to you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each night of your stay."

The cold breakfast which included meats, cheeses, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, fruit, breads, muffins, scones, croissants, granola, and other things, was free to Gold and Diamond elite members as of my posting earlier this month. It also includes coffee and fruit juices. The hot breakfast upgrade adds the omelet station and a rotating variety of hot items and costs US$ 10.85 charge (BB 21.70).
Forgot about those enhancements.... well sadly the only benefit of staying at that Hilton may have been the breakfast.... silly Hilton policy loses a(nother) booking... luckily the Hiltons arent that stingy in the UAE or europe yet. but im sure it will come.. thanks
Old Nov 23, 2021, 3:21 am

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kikuchiyo

I'm not sure what the difference is between the regular and premium rooms. As far as I can tell, all the rooms face the water; either north towards Carlisle Bay or south towards the ocean. I booked a regular room, and got an "upgrade" but not sure what's upgraded about it, except that it faces the ocean side. There are some corner rooms with bigger balconies, but they might be suites.
The corner rooms are not necessarily the suites - the suites are only on certain floors in one tower as I understand it. The corner rooms are really spacious - think Junior Suite size and have windows on two sides for different views. I stayed in one last year and was very happy with the amount of space we had.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 9:53 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold

Corner room
Old Jan 5, 2022, 3:54 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Any recent stays here? How are the upgrades for Diamonds?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Im interested in this too - ii have a booking (flight only at this stage) for next year, but i am REALLY struggling with the accommodation on offer in Barbados... it all seems quite 1990s sheik and really expensive for what it is...
Old Mar 6, 2022, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
So i have just returned from Barbados, pretty much all the recent posts on the threads are spot on.
Gold/Diamonds don't really get much in the way of upgrades etc. You will get the continental breakfast (which was actually pretty decent), and it was $10US pp to upgrade to the full hot breakfast.
The hotel has been refurbing so some (maybe all) of the rooms look really great.
We were lucky enough to get a corner room (we paid for a deluxe, but were upgraded after some discussion), IMHO these rooms are 100 percent worth paying for (they were approx $70us extra so totally worth it), they are twice the size of the normal rooms, have MUCH better views (and were the only ones that you could watch the sunset from). The normal rooms are very small/tight, great for a single person, and a squeeze for a couple
We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel - note we had also stayed at one of the Marriot properties earlier in the week - which was awful, so perhaps that altered our perception of this hilton. But if we were to come back to Barbados we would stay here again.
Cat88L3 and Gertjaars like this.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 1:35 pm

any recent stays here? is the refurb done?
Old Jan 11, 2024, 7:38 am

Programs: TrueBlue, Hilton Honors
Any recent stays here?
Old Jan 11, 2024, 10:50 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by RachelDKT
Any recent stays here?
We stayed in Nov 23 as Daimonds, some nights in an ocean view room and some in a suite like the one posted by simonsmith above. Stay was great, no issues with rooms or facilities. Breakfast included was continental which was fine. Only thing to note is we found food and drink very expensive here, even happy hour was pricey (but acceptable) for drinks. I guess Barbados is expensive wherever you go. Not too many restaurants in walking distance, skippers was fun, enjoyed lunch at Cuz's shack and the Indian Grill for roti's. There's a chinese as well but we didn't get around to try that one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.