Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Wisconsin, USA {US-WI}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Wisconsin, USA {US-WI}

Old Aug 31, 06, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold SPG Gold Hyatt Diamond Marriott Gold
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Wisconsin, USA {US-WI}

We are heading to Milwaukee this weekend to catch a Brewers game and sightsee in the area. All of the Hilton properties sound average at best. Anybody know anything about the Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown? What about the HGI Milwaukee Park Place?
Old Aug 31, 06, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Marriott
HGI Park Place is excellent

I stay at the HGI Park Place regularly. Nearly new property with excellent staff. Free parking and decent breakfast. Great freeway access to Miller Park for the Brewers. Business center is small, but very functional. Hotel is strictly a business property, typically quite empty on weekends. I like that, since rates are lower and fewer guests means less noise throughout the building. I'd recommend staying there. Just DON'T eat at the Tumbleweeds restaurant down the street. Bad food and terrible service.
Old Aug 31, 06, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
Millerpark is actually a few miles out of the downtown area. There isn't much near it.
Location wise, I would stay at Hampton inn which is centrally located. It's close to restaurants and water street (one of Milwaukee's night spot).
I stayed at Milwaukee Hilton, I wasn't impressed with the room. I never stay at Hampton Inn either.
Old Aug 31, 06, 5:00 pm

Programs: DELTA SM, HILTON GOLD, SPG GOLD
I just recently stayed at the Hilton Milwuakee. The rooms are good and if you are a gold or diamond member you have access to the HHonors lounge. If you have kids they have an indoor waterpark which is nice. IMO it is a nice place to stay.
Old Aug 31, 06, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
MKE River Hilton is OK..Not great, but OK
Old Aug 22, 09, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 2P, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Garden Inn v. Hampton Inn @ Appleton, WI

Anyone stayed at either of these two properties? Last time I was in the area I stayed at the Fairfield Inn, which i thought was awful and smelly! Alas, i'm choosing between these two for this week. Let me know which is better!
Old Aug 24, 09, 12:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, CO Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
I have been staying at the Hampton Inn Foxwoods Mall. You can't go wrong. It is just newly renonvated. I think they finished 6 months ago. Outback is close, the Mall is close, and Buffalo Wild Wings is close. If you're going into downtown Appleton, its within 2 miles.

I haven't stayed that the HGI in Appleton, but can't imagine you would be disappointed with the Hampton. It's also closest to the airport.

One advice, don't let them book you on the first floor, it's possible you would be right next door to the exercise room.
Old Aug 24, 09, 10:22 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Perfect! hamtpon inn it is. Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 09, 11:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, CO Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
I also have stayed at the Hampton Inn here as well and can confirm "do not let them put you on the first floor" as it is noisy near the exercise room. Also, ask for a room on the "non-highway" side as well as it will save a few decibels.

The rooms are nice with a nice built in desk that rolls away from the until to be placed anywhere (like in front of the TV.) The hotel is usually booked fairly full Mon-Wed, so it may be tough to get a KING non-smoking last minute.

Staff here is very willing to help however you like... they are friendly and cordial and overall this is an A+ experience. Would not hesitate to ever stay here.
Old Jul 23, 16, 7:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Can anyone recommend a hotel in Milwaukee with newborn?

Hi all,
I have a roadtrip scheduled for Sept 23-26 and four of us will be driving from St.Louis. Goal of our trip is to see family that live just west of Milwaukee.

We have a young baby with us (6 months) and so this is our first time making a long car trip and hotel stay with him.

Anyone have any recommendations for a Hilton in the Milwaukee area that is not too loud and/or that is family friendly?

I am a GOLD tier member and would like to also stay at a property with a decent breakfast perk.

Thanks!
Old Jul 23, 16, 8:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
How far west is your family? Wauwatosa? Brookfield? Waukesha? Oconomowoc? Do you want to be closer to the family, or the sights in downtown Milwaukee?
Old Jul 23, 16, 10:35 am
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Chick-fil-A Red
The HGI Milwaukee airport is a FANTASTIC property in nearly every regard, and meets all of your criteria for quietness and a great breakfast. I've stayed there multiple times and they go above and beyond - one of the best HGIs in the system. Free parking and convenient highway access too. It's a steal at 30k points a night.

However depending on exactly what "just west of Milwaukee" means, this may not be a convenient location for you especially given the road construction.
Old Jul 23, 16, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by kpbadger View Post
The HGI Milwaukee airport is a FANTASTIC property in nearly every regard, and meets all of your criteria for quietness and a great breakfast. I've stayed there multiple times and they go above and beyond - one of the best HGIs in the system. Free parking and convenient highway access too. It's a steal at 30k points a night. However depending on exactly what "just west of Milwaukee" means, this may not be a convenient location for you especially given the road construction.
kpbadger, how good is the soundproofing at that HGI (or is it far enough from the airport not to matter)?
Old Jul 23, 16, 6:09 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev View Post
kpbadger, how good is the soundproofing at that HGI (or is it far enough from the airport not to matter)?
I've never heard a plane there in 10+ stays in the last few years. I usually opt for the rooms that face the rental car lot in the back (away from the parking lot) so if you want absolute quiet do that.

I suspect sound proofing is decent and it's a bit of distance from the airport, but with the runway configuration you'd never have planes flying directly over the hotel or revving engines that are pointed at the hotel, so there's that too.
Old Apr 25, 21, 11:47 am

Programs: United
Garden inn vs double tree?

I have an upcoming 20 night stay broken into 2 separate 10 night stays. With the new promo was looking to stay at a Hilton (current diamond from last promo). Local options include double tree vs garden inn. Both appear similar and hard to tell from websites. Home2 an option but not at 0.5x points to start

thoughts?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: