Hilton Barbados Resort
Needham's Point, St. Michael, Bridgetown BB 11000, Barbados
TEL: +1-246-426-0200 FAX: +1-246-434-5770
Email [email protected]
Link to Hilton web page.

Parking: free

Check in: 4:00 pm (strict), check out 11:00 am

Smoking: No smoking

Pets or service animals: No (Barbados law permits this)

Location on the southwestern point with Carlisle Bay on the West and the Southern Shote on the South, on the Caribbean Sea . Near Bridgetown and its cruise port, just coastsude from the Garrison.

BGI / Grantley Adams International Airport is 11 miles away (~30 minutes, but urban traffic can be slow at times - add 10-15 minutes if work or schoolkids rush hours), taxi cost ~$25 USD.

The property consists of two connected north-south oriented towers, the eastern Lighthouse Tower with the Bernard St. John Suite and the Fort Tower (Executive Lounge on floor 8 in the Fort Tower). All rooms face east and south (toward Oistins and distantly toward BGI / Grantley Adams International Airport.

Rooms all face westward; Fort Tower overlooks pools area, Lighthouse Tower overlooks Lighthouse and D. J. dance area, looking toward Oistins. A few end suites in the Fort Tower overlook scenic Carlisle Bay. Beaches include very calm Carlisle Bay, and south Pebbles Beach with a rock sea wall with inlet and small bay. Rooms are being refurbished (since 2015, continues Nov 2017).

Floors 8 and 6 are designated Executive floors. Safes in rooms. Refrigerators (not mini-bars) in room. Executive rooms include bathrobes, apparently not slippers. Peter Thomas Roth amenities in baths, H collection linens.

Executive Lounge: 8th floor west, Fort Tower, card access. Gorgeous Carlisle Bay views. Basic Continental breakfast; cakes at 3 pm, very basic canapés at 5 pm; coffee, teas, soft drinks, water - alcoholic drinks after 5 for sale only. Crowded, not especially comfortable. $30 Bd / $15 USD add on for hot cooked breakfast in Lighthouse Terrace Restaurant for Lounge-eligible giests, Continental (cold offerings) breakfast free for Lounge eligible guests.

Amenities (link):
Children's club and activities (ground floor)

Eforea Spa

Precor Fitness facility

Pools, beaches, beach chairs and umbrellas
Restaurants (link):
Lighthouse Terrace: Open 6:30 am - 10:00 pm for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A la carte and buffet.

The Grille: Open dinner only Tuesday to Saturday from 6.30pm to 10.00 pm. Closed on Sundays and Mondays. Reservations best.

Water's Edge Bar : tables with umbrellas, drinks and snacks including burgers, fish sandwiches. Open daily 10:00 am - 9:00 pm.

Cuppa Café coffee shop: coffees, soft drinks, pastries. Open 5:30 am - 9:00 pm.

Careenage Bar: limited snacks

Note restaurant schedules will vary according to chalkboards placed daily in the Lobby.

Room Service: 6:00 am - 11:00 pm
Nearby food alternatives West :
Cuz' Fish Shack - just 250 feet west on Aquatic Gap, highly rated fish sandwiches. Walk out of the hotel lobby and follow Aquatic Gap on your left, small blue box trailer.

Brown Sugar: (link) left on Bay Street 0.4 miles near Radisson

Lobster Alive: flies Grenadines-caught spiny lobsters in on their own aircraft, prepares several ways. 1.2 miles west on Bay Street. Link
Down Hastings Road to east within 1-1.5 miles: (right on Hastings from Hilton)
Mama Mia Italian Deli and Pizzeria, highly rated

Buzo Osteria Italiana, Italian Restaurant

New York Pizza
Updated by JDiver 22 Nov 2017

Print Wikipost

Hilton Barbados Resort {BRB}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2004, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
From the front page of yesterdays Barbados Advocate:

Barbados Hilton now 90% complete
Property handover delayed one month until September (not clear if this is opening date or handover to Hilton)
350 rooms in total
Total cost US$110m (5% over budget)

Do not underestimate how much of an increase this is on the existing Barbados room stock. Most of the current hotels are very small, ie Royal Pavillion 78 rooms, Cobblers Cove 42 rooms (both places I stayed this week). The Pavillion will probably take a hit, as the GM told me that many of its rooms are booked by business travellers, despite the location.

Some souvenier shops sell postcards of the old Hilton hotel, which apparently was something of a landmark (although, to be honest, it doesn't look that great from the card!).
Old Aug 19, 2004, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (3.52MM BIS miles) AA EXP (3.64MM)
Barbados Hilton starts taking reservations when?

The website says scheduled to open in winter 2004.
Any idea when and when reservations will be taken?
Old Aug 20, 2004, 10:22 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
I think I read someplace that the hotel won't be open until February 2005. I don't think that reservations are being accepted yet. You know how those construction delays go sometimes
Old Oct 23, 2004, 9:27 am

Programs: AA EXP
Anyone have an idea what category they'll put this hotel in?? I'm planning a 14 night honeymoon in barbados in early June and I have about 140,000 hilton pts. I figure I'll be able to book a few nights at the hilton. And then find somewhere else to stay for the other nights. Also, has anyone ever rented a Villa in Barbados? We're looking at some places like this http://www.islandhideaways.com/villa.php?villa_id=1024

Thanks.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 8:23 am

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by T Q
here's a link to their website which shows Dec 2004 as their opening. I put in for email offers so I can get notified of the latest. This is very exciting. Thanks for posting. I'm interested!

http://www.hiltoncaribbean.com/Barbados/
The site now says Q1 2005.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 11:41 am

It reads like they will ahve a nice exec. lounge.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 8:34 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
I recently exchanged emails with them and they are 'hoping' for a soft opening from March. It is a Category 6 property.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 3:41 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Can we place bets on the opening? Put my money on a December opening.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hedoman
Can we place bets on the opening? Put my money on a December opening.
2005 or 2006?
Old Oct 26, 2004, 6:42 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Yeah, I knew that would be the next post when I clicked submit reply.

I'll take 2004. Figure someone will give me good odds thinking this to be a sucker bet.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 6:22 am

http://www.nationnews.com/StoryView....2000%3A00%3A00

Hilton booking major business - Tuesday 23, November-2004
by Bernard Babb

The official date for opening of the new Barbados Hilton is still to be given, but already the property has significant business on its books for 2005.

To date there have been more than 50 requests for group bookings from local and international meeting planners and agents, according to hotel executives.

Among the meetings confirmed is a major conference, which is expected to attract global participants, being hosted by the Institute of Travel and Tourism in June.

“There is great interest in Hilton and in Barbados for meetings. There seems to be pent-up demand for groups that have not been back to Barbados for a long time,” said general manager Marilyn Soper.

The first group scheduled to utilise the hotel’s ultra-modern conference facilities is expected to be an incentive one of 150 from the Greek company, Wella Hair Products.

“We have a strong brand in the American market and that is going to push us a lot,” said Roper, who also indicated there were hundreds of daily online queries from the business and leisure market.

Another Hilton executive recently told Travel Weekly, a leading travel industry publication, that the hotel planned to make Barbados a major player in the conference and incentives market.

Director of sales for the Caribbean, Stuart Freeman, said the new property would have a ballroom for groups of up to 600, plus a big covered courtyard for functions. There were also four break-out rooms for discussion groups as part of the main conference hall.

“There is huge demand from the conference and incentive market, especially for Barbados, which has good airlinks with the US and Europe,” said Freeman.

The new Hilton, built at a cost of $117 million, boasts 33 suites among its 350 rooms and all rooms have an ocean view.

It is expected to be a flag-ship property for the chain in the Caribbean and is featured by all major British tour-operators such as Kuoni, Hayes and Jarvis, Thomas Cook and Virgin Holidays.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Was just on the web site and couldn't get anything to come up for Jan, Feb or March 2005. Site says they are not taking reservations yet.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Just tried today, and no luck.......perhaps late 2005?
Old Nov 23, 2004, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by mauld
Was just on the web site and couldn't get anything to come up for Jan, Feb or March 2005. Site says they are not taking reservations yet.
See post 11 on this thread.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 2:55 pm

They're hopeful of a 'soft opening' from the end of March.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.