Hilton Barbados Resort
Needham's Point, St. Michael, Bridgetown BB 11000, Barbados
TEL: +1-246-426-0200 FAX: +1-246-434-5770
Email [email protected]
Link to Hilton web page.

Parking: free

Check in: 4:00 pm (strict), check out 11:00 am

Smoking: No smoking

Pets or service animals: No (Barbados law permits this)

Location on the southwestern point with Carlisle Bay on the West and the Southern Shote on the South, on the Caribbean Sea . Near Bridgetown and its cruise port, just coastsude from the Garrison.

BGI / Grantley Adams International Airport is 11 miles away (~30 minutes, but urban traffic can be slow at times - add 10-15 minutes if work or schoolkids rush hours), taxi cost ~$25 USD.

The property consists of two connected north-south oriented towers, the eastern Lighthouse Tower with the Bernard St. John Suite and the Fort Tower (Executive Lounge on floor 8 in the Fort Tower). All rooms face east and south (toward Oistins and distantly toward BGI / Grantley Adams International Airport.

Rooms all face westward; Fort Tower overlooks pools area, Lighthouse Tower overlooks Lighthouse and D. J. dance area, looking toward Oistins. A few end suites in the Fort Tower overlook scenic Carlisle Bay. Beaches include very calm Carlisle Bay, and south Pebbles Beach with a rock sea wall with inlet and small bay. Rooms are being refurbished (since 2015, continues Nov 2017).

Floors 8 and 6 are designated Executive floors. Safes in rooms. Refrigerators (not mini-bars) in room. Executive rooms include bathrobes, apparently not slippers. Peter Thomas Roth amenities in baths, H collection linens.

Executive Lounge: 8th floor west, Fort Tower, card access. Gorgeous Carlisle Bay views. Basic Continental breakfast; cakes at 3 pm, very basic canapés at 5 pm; coffee, teas, soft drinks, water - alcoholic drinks after 5 for sale only. Crowded, not especially comfortable. $30 Bd / $15 USD add on for hot cooked breakfast in Lighthouse Terrace Restaurant for Lounge-eligible giests, Continental (cold offerings) breakfast free for Lounge eligible guests.

Amenities (link):
Children's club and activities (ground floor)

Eforea Spa

Precor Fitness facility

Pools, beaches, beach chairs and umbrellas
Restaurants (link):
Lighthouse Terrace: Open 6:30 am - 10:00 pm for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A la carte and buffet.

The Grille: Open dinner only Tuesday to Saturday from 6.30pm to 10.00 pm. Closed on Sundays and Mondays. Reservations best.

Water's Edge Bar : tables with umbrellas, drinks and snacks including burgers, fish sandwiches. Open daily 10:00 am - 9:00 pm.

Cuppa Café coffee shop: coffees, soft drinks, pastries. Open 5:30 am - 9:00 pm.

Careenage Bar: limited snacks

Note restaurant schedules will vary according to chalkboards placed daily in the Lobby.

Room Service: 6:00 am - 11:00 pm
Nearby food alternatives West :
Cuz' Fish Shack - just 250 feet west on Aquatic Gap, highly rated fish sandwiches. Walk out of the hotel lobby and follow Aquatic Gap on your left, small blue box trailer.

Brown Sugar: (link) left on Bay Street 0.4 miles near Radisson

Lobster Alive: flies Grenadines-caught spiny lobsters in on their own aircraft, prepares several ways. 1.2 miles west on Bay Street. Link
Down Hastings Road to east within 1-1.5 miles: (right on Hastings from Hilton)
Mama Mia Italian Deli and Pizzeria, highly rated

Buzo Osteria Italiana, Italian Restaurant

New York Pizza
Updated by JDiver 22 Nov 2017

Print Wikipost

Hilton Barbados Resort {BRB}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2005, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by marlin
Also shows six night minimum which I tried and could not book either.
I thought they state six night maximum?
Old Jun 27, 2005, 1:58 pm

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Why would you want to stay there?

Originally Posted by marlin
Would like to go for three nights in January or February. I am gold. Everything shows sold out. Also shows six night minimum which I tried and could not book either.

Any ideas from the HH experts?

Thanks, Marlin
I usually like Hilton city hotels but in Barbados and at the price mentioned in some of the replies? No way!

Last night I came back from a 3 night weekend, a trip a try to do twice a year. Invariably, I stay at Sea Breeze or Butterfly Beach. They are both incredible value, 10 minutes from the airport, right on the beach with easy access to the restaurants and entertainment in the Gap - if you care.

You can also have a small kitchenette or opt for a meal plan. A good supermarket is a 10 minute walk to the village of Oistins.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MikeT2425
Call 1-800-hhonors. I had the same experience. They were able to book me for six nights in March. (I am Gold which may mean little.)

Called in 2 weeks ago and got 6 nights in February 2006. Very easy.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MikeT2425
Call 1-800-hhonors. I had the same experience. They were able to book me for six nights in March. (I am Gold which may mean little.)
When I tried to book on line for our stay a couple of weeks ago (two days after its official opening) the website also indicated it was "sold out" but that was far from the truth. When I called the Hhonors desk they were able to get me a reservation and the Govt. rate to boot, no problem.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 5:38 pm

Location: Greensboro, NC (US Air CP = Compassionate Proctology, Hilton Diamond)
Plenty of Room

Called last month and got seven nights in September using points. I was told that there are plenty of rooms available this fall. You might want to negotiate down if you think you are quoted a high rate. It's all about occupancy rate. Fall is a bit off season for Barbados and the property is brand new. They should be ready to deal.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 5:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Thumbs up

I just completed a very nice week-long stay at the Barbados Hilton. Very nice resort in a fantastic location (on Needham's Point, which is a peninsula and therefore gives the hotel a very isolated feel), with the most freindly and genuine staff that I have ever experienced. As a Gold I was assigned a room on one of the executive floors (6, 7 & 8 in the Lighthouse Tower and 6 in the Fort Tower, IIRC), with accessto the lounge for breakfast (typical continental fare) and happy hour (nice selection of hot appetizers, etc., plus a fairly complete selection of complimentary alcohol).

Even though the hotel had been open only a few weeks, I noticed only a few minor "growing pain" issues. Notenut provided a very nice report, but I would be happy to answer any specific questions about the property.

I was very impressed with the hotel and the island in general. This property is now at the top of my Hilton resorts list.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 7:26 am

Thanks for the Great Reports

How would you rate the resturants on-site versus the ones in the surrounding area? Any good ones within walking distance?
Old Jul 1, 2005, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by PersonalCareChemist
How would you rate the resturants on-site versus the ones in the surrounding area? Any good ones within walking distance?
AS Cactuspete mentioned, the property occupies the whole tip of a small penninsula and it really isn't within walking distance of anything much. There used to be an excellent restaurant on the same street, Brown Sugar, but it burnt down. I think the closest and best alternative is St. Lawerance Gap, which is a long jug-handle of a street that veers off the main road and is filled with restaurants of all types, cuisines, and price ranges. It's about a 10-15 minute drive away. Since we rented a car, I don't know how much a taxi would be, but there always were taxis available at the lobby. Also, if you have a car, there is a decent supermarket nearby for stocking up with drinks. munchies, etc.
The quality of the food service at the Hilton is world class, but for my family of 4 the prices (especially at the Careenage Grill) were prohibitive .
Old Jul 1, 2005, 10:34 am
Suspended

Agree generally with Notenut's comments. Hotel food was very good. Many very fine restaurants in St. Lawrence Gap (taxi fare is $25 BDS/ $12.50 US each way) and points in between. Note also that there is a car rental agent on site (Sixt/Drive-O-Matic).
Old Jul 1, 2005, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Is this a refurbishment of the old Hilton? It has been closed a looong time.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 12:33 pm
Suspended

No. The old Hilton was razed. This is a brand new facility.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Karen2
Is this a refurbishment of the old Hilton? It has been closed a looong time.
Nope, it's totally brand new. The only vestiges of the previous hotel are the lighthouse and the ruins of the British colonial-era fort.
Old Jul 4, 2005, 8:36 am

High Extra Fees

Noticed that there is a 17.5% per room per night tax and a $2 per room per night secondary tax.

Here's my question, if you are doing a HHONORS redemption, do you still pay the 17.5% per room per night tax? The room rate per night, if I was paying, is $380.00.
Old Jul 4, 2005, 10:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PersonalCareChemist
Noticed that there is a 17.5% per room per night tax and a $2 per room per night secondary tax.

Here's my question, if you are doing a HHONORS redemption, do you still pay the 17.5% per room per night tax? The room rate per night, if I was paying, is $380.00.
No taxes are due on HH reward stays.

mike
Old Jul 4, 2005, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cactuspete
Agree generally with Notenut's comments. Hotel food was very good. Many very fine restaurants in St. Lawrence Gap (taxi fare is $25 BDS/ $12.50 US each way) and points in between. Note also that there is a car rental agent on site (Sixt/Drive-O-Matic).
Try the street vendors in "the gap" The jerk chicken and Banks beer are a terrific combo.For an extra few dollars,head down the coast to Oistins on Friday night for the local fish fry.For US $10.00 you can get a plate with red snapper,salad,rice,corn and wash it down with a beer. ^ .
As has been noted,many fine restaurants.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.