Hilton Barbados Resort
Needham's Point, St. Michael, Bridgetown BB 11000, Barbados
TEL: +1-246-426-0200 FAX: +1-246-434-5770
Email [email protected]
Link to Hilton web page.

Parking: free

Check in: 4:00 pm (strict), check out 11:00 am

Smoking: No smoking

Pets or service animals: No (Barbados law permits this)

Location on the southwestern point with Carlisle Bay on the West and the Southern Shote on the South, on the Caribbean Sea . Near Bridgetown and its cruise port, just coastsude from the Garrison.

BGI / Grantley Adams International Airport is 11 miles away (~30 minutes, but urban traffic can be slow at times - add 10-15 minutes if work or schoolkids rush hours), taxi cost ~$25 USD.

The property consists of two connected north-south oriented towers, the eastern Lighthouse Tower with the Bernard St. John Suite and the Fort Tower (Executive Lounge on floor 8 in the Fort Tower). All rooms face east and south (toward Oistins and distantly toward BGI / Grantley Adams International Airport.

Rooms all face westward; Fort Tower overlooks pools area, Lighthouse Tower overlooks Lighthouse and D. J. dance area, looking toward Oistins. A few end suites in the Fort Tower overlook scenic Carlisle Bay. Beaches include very calm Carlisle Bay, and south Pebbles Beach with a rock sea wall with inlet and small bay. Rooms are being refurbished (since 2015, continues Nov 2017).

Floors 8 and 6 are designated Executive floors. Safes in rooms. Refrigerators (not mini-bars) in room. Executive rooms include bathrobes, apparently not slippers. Peter Thomas Roth amenities in baths, H collection linens.

Executive Lounge: 8th floor west, Fort Tower, card access. Gorgeous Carlisle Bay views. Basic Continental breakfast; cakes at 3 pm, very basic canapés at 5 pm; coffee, teas, soft drinks, water - alcoholic drinks after 5 for sale only. Crowded, not especially comfortable. $30 Bd / $15 USD add on for hot cooked breakfast in Lighthouse Terrace Restaurant for Lounge-eligible giests, Continental (cold offerings) breakfast free for Lounge eligible guests.

Amenities (link):
Children's club and activities (ground floor)

Eforea Spa

Precor Fitness facility

Pools, beaches, beach chairs and umbrellas
Restaurants (link):
Lighthouse Terrace: Open 6:30 am - 10:00 pm for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A la carte and buffet.

The Grille: Open dinner only Tuesday to Saturday from 6.30pm to 10.00 pm. Closed on Sundays and Mondays. Reservations best.

Water's Edge Bar : tables with umbrellas, drinks and snacks including burgers, fish sandwiches. Open daily 10:00 am - 9:00 pm.

Cuppa Café coffee shop: coffees, soft drinks, pastries. Open 5:30 am - 9:00 pm.

Careenage Bar: limited snacks

Note restaurant schedules will vary according to chalkboards placed daily in the Lobby.

Room Service: 6:00 am - 11:00 pm
Nearby food alternatives West :
Cuz' Fish Shack - just 250 feet west on Aquatic Gap, highly rated fish sandwiches. Walk out of the hotel lobby and follow Aquatic Gap on your left, small blue box trailer.

Brown Sugar: (link) left on Bay Street 0.4 miles near Radisson

Lobster Alive: flies Grenadines-caught spiny lobsters in on their own aircraft, prepares several ways. 1.2 miles west on Bay Street. Link
Down Hastings Road to east within 1-1.5 miles: (right on Hastings from Hilton)
Mama Mia Italian Deli and Pizzeria, highly rated

Buzo Osteria Italiana, Italian Restaurant

New York Pizza
Updated by JDiver 22 Nov 2017

Print Wikipost

Hilton Barbados Resort {BRB}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:12 pm

Yes, I did call. They don't know whether it hasn't been loaded or whether it's not available. I have been checking it closely, I want to book it for the end of March (yes, very high season, the rates are $700!) So, if the website is anything to go by, the dates are bookable one year in advance and the first few days of March are not available yet which leads me to believe that the rest of the month will be unavailable too.

I need to book the air miles 331 days out but won't do then unless I have the hotel too.

Thanks for listening.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

$700 for that hotel???!!! I've been to most of the islands and have to say that Barbads s one of the dullest. It's fine, clean, safe, etc, but still pretty dull. Same goes for the Hilton, it's perfectly comfortable, good facilities, but still not that wonderful, $700 is extortionate.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 3:15 pm

There is a cricket world cup in West Indies during March-April 2007 and I won't be surprised if everything is booked. Folks from all over the world, including large Indian/Pakistani/British/Australian expat population from the US will travel during this time to these islands.

Match Schedule:

http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/W..._schedule.html

If you have no interest in cricket, you may want to go there some another time.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AK01
There is a cricket world cup in West Indies during March-April 2007 and I won't be surprised if everything is booked. Folks from all over the world, including large Indian/Pakistani/British/Australian expat population from the US will travel during this time to these islands.

Match Schedule:

http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/W..._schedule.html

If you have no interest in cricket, you may want to go there some another time.

You nailed it ^ Huge event for Barbados.I just stayed there on Saturday night.The country has construction all over in preparation for the games.Hotels are already booked up all over,(other island nations as well) for the events.I have time property in Barbados into March 2007 ^
Old Mar 7, 2006, 6:46 am

Flyertalk comes through....who else would have known.

I'll go another time, good luck to all the cricket teams and their loyal fans
Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond / Delta 360 / HHonors Diamond. FORMER: AAdvantage EXP, Loews YouFirst Platinum, A+ Elite
Question

Thanks for the review Mike -- I've always liked your no-frill, to-the-point reviews.

Question for the previous families of 4/5 (or anyone with an opinion), about budgeting for Barbados...

I track every penny when it comes to both business and personal expenses, and want to set expectations for expenses while we're there; I'm constantly hearing how inflated it is there. I'd actually prefer the US Virgin Islands to save the $80 per passport per kid, but alas no Hilton Family properties.

What should I expect to budget per day, family of 5 for a 6night/7day stay -- rarely eating either fast food or top-end restaurants. Airfare & Hotel is using miles/points, so not a factor.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 7:51 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Well you've got your breakfasts covered, so that's one meal out of the way. As I mentioned in the OP the restaurants at the hotel are PRICEY, and there's nothing else within walking range. For most of the reataurants at St. Lawrence Gap the middle of the menu is right around $20, with some entrees lower but most higher. There are a few Chinese walk-up places that had good prices but we didn't get to try them out. There is a local fried chicken chain that is quite good and relatively reasonable, although still higher than what you'd pay in the US. I don't remember the name but its tag line is 'Home of the Heavenly Chicken". The best bargain to be had, IMHO, due to the atmosphere that accompanies it, is the Fish Fry at Oistens on Friday nights. The average plate is between US$ 7-10.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 9:10 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Well, it is an island vacation destination, so set your expectations accordingly. Notenut's summary is accurate. I'd say that restaurant/drink prices are very similar to those in the Virgin Islands, in some cases less.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond / Delta 360 / HHonors Diamond. FORMER: AAdvantage EXP, Loews YouFirst Platinum, A+ Elite
Having never taken the whole family on any vacation (my kids have JUST reached a travel-friendly age), I can't set that expectation, at least not to a very precise degree. My wife and I have been to Hawaii but that's a different budgetary scheme altogether

Would $2500 for a family of five be too tight, in your opinions? Meals, rental car & gas, entertainment, basic souvenirs, etc? Again, 6 night stay, no airfare, no hotel costs. I'll be using travellers checks solely.

We're really just going for the beach and to get away & spend time together, not looking to be entertained 24/7 like a cruise ship.

Thanks again.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Varian
Would $2500 for a family of five be too tight, in your opinions? Meals, rental car & gas, entertainment, basic souvenirs, etc? Again, 6 night stay, no airfare, no hotel costs.
You sound like you are fairly thrifty (me, too ) - - $400/day will be plenty of money to do what you want to do.

BTW, if you're looking for a great activity for the kids, check out the Silver Moon Cat trip: http://oceanadventures.bb/sailing.htm .
Old Mar 10, 2006, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by cactuspete
You sound like you are fairly thrifty (me, too ) - - $400/day will be plenty of money to do what you want to do.

BTW, if you're looking for a great activity for the kids, check out the Silver Moon Cat trip: http://oceanadventures.bb/sailing.htm .
Thanks, I just needed some validation -- I know it's sort of taboo to talk about spending limits/personal budgets on here, but hell, I'm not ashamed to be a Type-A fiscal conservative (or as you said it better: thrifty )

Much obliged for the catamaran tip, we had saw that...looks outstanding.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Notenut
There is a local fried chicken chain that is quite good and relatively reasonable, although still higher than what you'd pay in the US. I don't remember the name but its tag line is 'Home of the Heavenly Chicken".
Chefette?
Old Mar 11, 2006, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cactuspete
Chefette?
Sounds correct.Purple and canary yellow uniforms.

Try their ice cream,the rum and raisin were big hits with family(I like Cherry vanilla)The pizza is good value.The other chicken place is KFC.

You s/b very good with $400/day for meals.Many of the grocery stores now have deli sections and you are able to get great value there as well.
(We budgeted less for 2 adults and 2 young adults and did OK)

Save BBS25.00 departure tax per person at airport(approx 12.50US)
Old Mar 11, 2006, 8:51 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Varian
Having never taken the whole family on any vacation (my kids have JUST reached a travel-friendly age), I can't set that expectation, at least not to a very precise degree. My wife and I have been to Hawaii but that's a different budgetary scheme altogether

Would $2500 for a family of five be too tight, in your opinions? Meals, rental car & gas, entertainment, basic souvenirs, etc? Again, 6 night stay, no airfare, no hotel costs. I'll be using travellers checks solely.

We're really just going for the beach and to get away & spend time together, not looking to be entertained 24/7 like a cruise ship.

Thanks again.
I'm just wondering if you are entertaining the idea of taking one room for your family of 5 at the Hilton Barbados? I would suggest that the rooms are really not very big at all and you will be very uncomfortable in one room unless they can guarantee you a suite. I have recently been a guest at this hotel as a Diamond, stayed on the executive floor with just my husband and cannot imagine adding three children into one of these rooms. Two adjoining rooms would work nicely.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 10:00 pm

It may be tough getting a hotel room on the island at that time but there are tons of villas and cottages available, many of them recently built or renovated for the games, and many of them located on the beach. Your best bet would probably be to go through one of the many villa service companies on the island like Bajan Services - http://www.bajanservices.com/cricket.php

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.