Hilton Barbados Resort
Needham's Point, St. Michael, Bridgetown BB 11000, Barbados
TEL: +1-246-426-0200 FAX: +1-246-434-5770
Email [email protected]
Link to Hilton web page.

Parking: free

Check in: 4:00 pm (strict), check out 11:00 am

Smoking: No smoking

Pets or service animals: No (Barbados law permits this)

Location on the southwestern point with Carlisle Bay on the West and the Southern Shote on the South, on the Caribbean Sea . Near Bridgetown and its cruise port, just coastsude from the Garrison.

BGI / Grantley Adams International Airport is 11 miles away (~30 minutes, but urban traffic can be slow at times - add 10-15 minutes if work or schoolkids rush hours), taxi cost ~$25 USD.

The property consists of two connected north-south oriented towers, the eastern Lighthouse Tower with the Bernard St. John Suite and the Fort Tower (Executive Lounge on floor 8 in the Fort Tower). All rooms face east and south (toward Oistins and distantly toward BGI / Grantley Adams International Airport.

Rooms all face westward; Fort Tower overlooks pools area, Lighthouse Tower overlooks Lighthouse and D. J. dance area, looking toward Oistins. A few end suites in the Fort Tower overlook scenic Carlisle Bay. Beaches include very calm Carlisle Bay, and south Pebbles Beach with a rock sea wall with inlet and small bay. Rooms are being refurbished (since 2015, continues Nov 2017).

Floors 8 and 6 are designated Executive floors. Safes in rooms. Refrigerators (not mini-bars) in room. Executive rooms include bathrobes, apparently not slippers. Peter Thomas Roth amenities in baths, H collection linens.

Executive Lounge: 8th floor west, Fort Tower, card access. Gorgeous Carlisle Bay views. Basic Continental breakfast; cakes at 3 pm, very basic canapés at 5 pm; coffee, teas, soft drinks, water - alcoholic drinks after 5 for sale only. Crowded, not especially comfortable. $30 Bd / $15 USD add on for hot cooked breakfast in Lighthouse Terrace Restaurant for Lounge-eligible giests, Continental (cold offerings) breakfast free for Lounge eligible guests.

Amenities (link):
Children's club and activities (ground floor)

Eforea Spa

Precor Fitness facility

Pools, beaches, beach chairs and umbrellas
Restaurants (link):
Lighthouse Terrace: Open 6:30 am - 10:00 pm for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A la carte and buffet.

The Grille: Open dinner only Tuesday to Saturday from 6.30pm to 10.00 pm. Closed on Sundays and Mondays. Reservations best.

Water's Edge Bar : tables with umbrellas, drinks and snacks including burgers, fish sandwiches. Open daily 10:00 am - 9:00 pm.

Cuppa Café coffee shop: coffees, soft drinks, pastries. Open 5:30 am - 9:00 pm.

Careenage Bar: limited snacks

Note restaurant schedules will vary according to chalkboards placed daily in the Lobby.

Room Service: 6:00 am - 11:00 pm
Nearby food alternatives West :
Cuz' Fish Shack - just 250 feet west on Aquatic Gap, highly rated fish sandwiches. Walk out of the hotel lobby and follow Aquatic Gap on your left, small blue box trailer.

Brown Sugar: (link) left on Bay Street 0.4 miles near Radisson

Lobster Alive: flies Grenadines-caught spiny lobsters in on their own aircraft, prepares several ways. 1.2 miles west on Bay Street. Link
Down Hastings Road to east within 1-1.5 miles: (right on Hastings from Hilton)
Mama Mia Italian Deli and Pizzeria, highly rated

Buzo Osteria Italiana, Italian Restaurant

New York Pizza
Updated by JDiver 22 Nov 2017

Print Wikipost

Hilton Barbados Resort {BRB}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2005, 8:52 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Reservations for Barbados Hilton Now Being Accepted

After several stops and starts the Hilton website is now accepting reservations for stays starting May 23, 2005. It just so happens we are getting off a cruise in Barbados the first week of June and I have a 3 day stay reserved. I'll post a report. Did anyone else manage a stay in the rebuilt hotel pre-hurricane (after which it had to be closed for repairs)?
Old Feb 8, 2005, 9:05 am

Programs: Hilton (Gold), Starwood
So you think they are taking award stays yet?
Old Feb 18, 2005, 11:20 am

New Hilton Barbados finally opens this May
Web Posted - Fri Feb 18 2005
THE new Hilton Barbados hotel will miss out entirely on the lucrative winter tourist season.

Confirmation of this came from Hilton Caribbean, which has announced that the US$110 million five-star resort will finally throw open is doors in May.

The winter tourist season runs from December 15 to April 15 and is the period in which Barbados traditionally welcomes most of its long-stay visitors.
- more - http://www.barbadosadvocate.com/NewV...m?Record=20474
Old May 22, 2005, 5:29 pm

anyone have any updates on this new property?
pool, service, restaurants, etc.
Old May 22, 2005, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Look forward to staying here as part of my visit to Barbados next year. ^
Old May 22, 2005, 8:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thumbs up Hilton Barbados quadruple base points offer

If you go to the renovated Hilton Barbados, there is a current offer (American Airlines "American Way" magazine.)

Earn quadruple base points (or quadruple airline miles) from May 30 to August 31, 2005, requesting plan code QJ for points, QL for airline miles.

(Also, Hilton Santo Domingo is offering triple base points (or triple airline miles) for stays during the same period; request plan code QJ or QL as above.)

Last edited by JDiver; May 22, 2005 at 8:17 pm Reason: add Hilton Santo Domingo
Old May 23, 2005, 12:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
I had an award reservation for Memorial weekend...May 27th thru may 30th...got a call this weekend saying the opening had been delayed until early June...oh well!!!
Old May 23, 2005, 1:53 pm

Programs: US Silver Hilton Gold SPG Gold Marriott Plat AA Gold
Award Stays.

I already booked my week reward stay. Going for 2 weeks. I actually did it in the very beginning of April when the manager from the hotel gave me a call. I had submitted a request for info on the site.

Going there for my honeymoon in August. Hope it will be ready then.
Old May 23, 2005, 6:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by blcst101
I already booked my week reward stay. Going for 2 weeks. I actually did it in the very beginning of April when the manager from the hotel gave me a call. I had submitted a request for info on the site.

Going there for my honeymoon in August. Hope it will be ready then.
Hope you will be there for something called the "Crop-Over Festival" or some such name. I heard it is a blast.
Old May 23, 2005, 6:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I hope you all have great stays - but be sure to register for the quadruple base miles. And post a report, of course.
Old May 23, 2005, 7:47 pm

Programs: US Silver Hilton Gold SPG Gold Marriott Plat AA Gold
Barbados

I booked the 4x points for my stay. The way I figure it, I will get 90,000 for my few extra days there and with the travel for this year, I will be ready for another week next year. The 4x is a great deal. I am researching the island now, thanks for the heads up on the festival.

I will submit my review of the hotel when I get back. It will be interesting to see what the Gold treatment will be for my stay. I was hoping to score a nice upgrade, but only time will tell.

Link to the hotel page, which has the 4x offer
http://www.hiltoncaribbean.com/barbados/
Old May 24, 2005, 9:54 am

yes on award stays!

Originally Posted by Lauriebugg
So you think they are taking award stays yet?
Yes, they are taking award reservations... We are staying there for a week for the second part of our honeymoon in November.. looking forward to it!
Reviews of "pre-opening" visitors are already posted on www.tripadvisor.com and it is looking good!!
I am very excited to hear all reviews.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 8:46 pm

Barbados Hilton

Know that it's still new but does anyone have any info?

Last edited by Amy28; Jun 6, 2005 at 7:46 am
Old Jun 6, 2005, 5:23 am

Programs: Hilton (Gold), Starwood
Call back! Sounds like a great trip!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 7, 2005, 5:24 am

Cool Uuuuh, Barbados Hilton Finally ReOpens

"THERE WERE CHEERS, loud applause and glasses of champagne for the first guests of the Hilton Hotel yesterday.

A party atmosphere prevailed at the lavish resort at Needham's Point, St Michael, as Minister of Tourism Noel Lynch headed a list of specially invited guests for a soft opening.

At about 11:45 a.m., a sleek white limosene pulled into the tastefully decorated lobby.

A somewhat surprised Philip Reusch and his wife Rhonda, from Kansas City, Missouri, United States, alighted to a welcome of sparkling champagne and scores of smiling faces.

The Reusches, whose business involves making parts for railroads across America, were to spend two nights in the hotel.

Philip said it was their first visit to the island.

"The people are very wonderful, friendly; it has been a great trip. On the Internet we looked at properties throughout the Caribbean and the Hilton caught our eye," he said... - http://www.nationnews.com/story/283481160406235.php

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.