Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Rome Airport {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2003, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by [email protected]:
i was told that PS rewards will follow the same dates from 2003.
so if you have a record of this year dates just use that
</font>
That sounds like a promising lead but I have only the data on the Hilton web which does not include any hotel in Italy. I thought the current list was for only the last 6 months of this year.
Old Dec 10, 2003, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MIKEM:
Hilton needs to get on the ball here. The Marriott has posted their "PointSaver" awards for the winter of 2004. A fellow worker, and HH Diamond, was discussing strategies with me for 2004. He needs a three-day stay in Florida. Marriott can give him a stay at a category 6 for 78,000 points, while the Hilton is 117,000 points. This is for a June stay. Now he is booking hotel stays with the Marriott because he has a focused goal. He would stay with the Hilton if they were competitive The Hilton is loosing business because for the moment they are not competitive.</font>
It seems to me that it's a LOT easier to get 117000 Hilton points than 78000 Marriott points, particularly when you earn by staying at hotels.

Old Dec 11, 2003, 7:43 am

From what I have heard, PS is being "restructured" and may not be a "requirement" for hotels to post dates or participate in...I believe I can figure that one out...PS may be like finding a needle in a haystack until the "restructuring" takes place.
Old Dec 11, 2003, 7:49 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tegedb:
From what I have heard, PS is being "restructured" and may not be a "requirement" for hotels to post dates or participate in...I believe I can figure that one out...PS may be like finding a needle in a haystack until the "restructuring" takes place. </font>
That makes sense, but absent any firm lead I am forced today to buy 10K and print out my certificate to make sure my 20K don't expire at the end of the month. [I am leaving for three weeks of travel which leaves me without a regular office for the rest of this month.]
Old Dec 11, 2003, 10:50 am

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by xyzzy:
b]</font>
It seems to me that it's a LOT easier to get 117000 Hilton points than 78000 Marriott points, particularly when you earn by staying at hotels.
Just to be clear, I hate the Marriott. As a Gold they did nothing more for me than most everyone else. However, my colleague just stayed with them and earned 2,700 Marriott points for a $100 bill. They have a double points promo going now. I agree that this does not really surpass the Hilton, but it does match them. If you way in the current redemption programs, and the lack of Hilton Point-Stretchers, the Marriott is substantially better.

We need to keep this in perspective. Looking at both programs is like looking at a credit report. This view is a snapshot in time. Right this minute the Marriott has the upper edge. However, if we plan for the full year, which we should, we see the Hilton having many more promo's, Point-Stretchers etc. This makes them the better choice.

My point here is, a great many of us serious business travelers are strategizing for next year right now. It is very easy to get confused and mistakenly think the Marriott is a better choice. The Hilton could avoid the confusion by releasing the Point-Stretcher info now.
Old Feb 15, 2004, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Hilton Rome Airport

Any reviews for the Hilton Rome Airport? Is it worth burning Hhonors points? I would like to use their rental car desk, but it does not say what company runs it? Any advice?
Old Feb 15, 2004, 10:03 am

Sounds nice. Anybody rent a car there? I hear you can save 20% renting off-airport and avoiding some heavy taxes. Plan to use the day room there and stay overnight to catch an am flight out of FCO.

No award availability now for May though. Do they open up more award availability closer to the day of?
Old Feb 16, 2004, 10:04 am

Side question for this property-does anyone know the easiest way to transfer from this hotel to Civitavecchia? We are joining a cruise after our stay and need to get their via train. Would we need to go to the Termini station and then take the train?
Old Feb 16, 2004, 10:11 am

The hotel is connected to the airport. At the airport there is a train station where you can catch a train to Termini station. It's quite easy. Ask the concierge to direct you to the train platform at the airport. You can walk there from the hotel without ever stepping foot outside.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hhonorman:
The hotel is connected to the airport. At the airport there is a train station where you can catch a train to Termini station. It's quite easy. Ask the concierge to direct you to the train platform at the airport. You can walk there from the hotel without ever stepping foot outside. </font>

The train, as I recall, is about a ten minute walk through all enclosed walkways in the parking garage.
Old Feb 17, 2004, 3:37 pm

What sort of rate should I consider "good" for this hotel? Is 140 Euros about as low as it goes? Any good advice?
Old Feb 18, 2004, 6:48 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NeoOfTheCRS:
What sort of rate should I consider "good" for this hotel? Is 140 Euros about as low as it goes? Any good advice?</font>
That is a good rate. I looked today for 2 people and got 250 Euro. what date did you find 140 for?
Old Mar 8, 2004, 8:09 pm

Went back to check it today and the 140 is gone. Should have picked it up when it was there. I called for an award reservation, but no availability-res agent kind of was like "what do you expect for may"

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Arcolaio99:
That is a good rate. I looked today for 2 people and got 250 Euro. what date did you find 140 for?</font>
Old Jun 17, 2004, 11:18 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Hilton Rome Airport

I have booked a room at Hilton Rome Airport the first week of August on a Saturday for one night. The best refundable rate with breakfast is $160.00 Euro per Night for my wife and I( Im a gold so the breakfast thing maybe given as a gold perk.)
Does anyone monitoring this foroum have a discount code, or any Idea how to get a lower refundable rate and still use a booking that will give Hilton Honors stay credit, and points.

Last edited by martinplas; Jun 17, 2004 at 11:19 am Reason: addition
Old Jun 17, 2004, 6:03 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold VIP,QP Gold, PC Platinum, pleb everthing else
Thats right in the middle of high season (July-August) and the hotel will be full every night, so you will struggle to get a better rate. You will get access to the executive lounge as Gold however, open 6.30am to 11pm and very nice. There is also a separate book in desk for Golds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.