Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Rome Airport {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2004, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
That is a pretty good rate. My corporate rate is only marginally better than that. Every once in a while you see 99 euro specials for european hiltons.. but usually not during this time of year and they go *real* fast.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which airport in Rome?

Looking to go to rome, and planning on spending the night before leaving at the Hilton Rome Airport property. However, there are three airports at Rome. Is this one the main airport? I will probably be flying LH.

Don't see much point in switching hotels for convenienience if I wind up at the wrong airport!
Old Jun 29, 2004, 11:48 am

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/i...tyhocn=ROMAPTW

The Hilton Rome Airport is the only hotel located within the airport area. It is directly linked to all Leonardo da Vinci flight terminals and to the airport train station via a covered overpass, featuring a moving walkway . . . .
Old Jun 29, 2004, 12:26 pm

Unless you are leaving on a private jet, you'll be leaving from FCO.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jabez
Unless you are leaving on a private jet, you'll be leaving from FCO.
Yeah --- I figured that out. But they call it Fumieni or something like that, and this airport is called Leonardo da Vinci (I think). I assumed it was the right 'port -- just wanted to be sure.

Be gentle with me.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Million-Miler
Rome Airports

Leonardo DaVinci, Fiumicino, and FCO airports all occupy the same space at the same time.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 1:32 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, HGVC, AA, UA
If you do a little searching, you'll also see this hotel has received some nice reviews. (for an a/p hotel)
Old Jun 29, 2004, 7:25 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Hilton Rome Airport

Im looking to do better for Aug 7th Hilton Rome Airport than 160 Euro with breakfast and refundable. Anyone have any booking codes or specials that are not targeted? I only want to use Hilton site for point accrual
Old Apr 26, 2005, 3:27 am

Programs: MMSen, HHonorsGold, Starwood Platinum
Thumbs down Hilton Rome airport

I stayed there from 12.03. - 14.03.2005.
Ten minutes for check-in, they dont find reservation, i had two of them one for paied night second for free night with voucher. They need my gold club card - i think it was since 5 years frist time i had to show it.
Rooms are like you should only stay for some hours.
The most funny was lounge - like a waiting hall in train station, no one for service.
I was there at sat 20h, just arrive to rome with a chaotic flight with austrian airlines who use a plane from lauda air.......
Want relax: No food in lounge, no cold drink in refrigerator, one bottle red wine in cool box and the white one outside - warm!!.
People go theirself to kitchen and look for drinks.
Half an hour later a lady from service come. We have to ask her for drinks - she dont see herself. We get drink, but only one and she dont fill up bar!!!!!
Asking for a cold white wine she say that in italy you drink white wine warm!!!! She must think guest in hilton are stupid
No breakfast in lounge - on entrance door stand they have special area in restaurant for lounge guests...... we go there, no one ask, no special area, and after 10minutes waiting i stand up and go to employee and ask for coffee.
The two days have been horror
One time and never again hilton Rome airport
Old Apr 26, 2005, 3:32 am

You need to know how to handle Italians. You will never get any service unless you scream, yell, move your arms around alot, and tear up pieces of paper into little bits.

Being courteous in Italy will get you nowhere!
Old Apr 26, 2005, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We were there in December. I booked it (award) because it's right at the airport and we had an early flight.

We arrived after dark, and were promptly shown our room. It didn't meet our smoking criteria, so we were changed to another room on the spot.

The lounge was OK (we had just spent some time at the Cavalieri, so comparisons are not really fair! ); some food things and plenty of soda, beer, wine, coffee. Not bad at all.

Whoever was in charge was sitting at the desk outside, and we had no trouble getting additional drinks when the stock ran out.

Can't comment on breakfast, since we checked out before it opened.

So ... not really that memorable, but certainly nothing to get worked up about.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 5:55 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Thumbs up Perfect stay for us in March 2003 at Rome Airport using points

We stayed at the Rome airport Hilton for 6 nights in March 2003, and it was perfect! Room was in the executive floor, plenty of offerings at the lounge for breakfast and cocktail hours, most attendants even offered or at least allowed us to bring drinks back to our room.

The mattress was probably one of the most comfortable we have ever slept on, the bed comfort level was certainly more memorable than the Cavalieri, HK Peninsula, Waldorf, ... etc.

For late night flight arrivals and early morning departures out of FCO, I think I will definitely use this hotel again.

Please visit SeatExpert.com International Airline seatmaps
Old Apr 26, 2005, 7:23 pm

Programs: Delta-Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Starwood-Platinum;
When I stayed at the hotel last year I was upgraded to a very nice suite on the executive floor. I used the lounge in the evening, which was excellent - plenty of drinks and snacks. A huge buffet breakfast was served in the morning. I enjoyed the hotel and would definetly stay again.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 7:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kibison
You need to know how to handle Italians. You will never get any service unless you scream, yell, move your arms around alot, and tear up pieces of paper into little bits.

Being courteous in Italy will get you nowhere!
Very funny. Thanks for the great description. ^
Old Apr 26, 2005, 10:39 pm

Programs: No longer traveling :-( HH Gold; AA Gold (1MM)- thx to FlyerTalk :-)
I was there on Friday on an award stay and had a very good experience. I obtained Diamond status before I left for Rome, so I was hoping for the best.

My wife and I have an early flight on Saturday, so I wanted to make sure we would be at the airport without having to wake up at some ungodly hour. We arrived around 8:30pm and were told to go up to the 5th (?) Floor VIP check-in desk and see Manuel. Everything was perfect. The room was absolutely wonderful with a bottle of champagne and strawberries. The Executive Lounge had lots of sodas and snacks. Sadly, though, not Diet Coke.

We were leaving too early for the Executive Lounge breakfast (it opened at 6:30am), but we were able to use the regular breakfast buffet. Lots and lots of food.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.