Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Rome Airport {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2002, 10:24 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by johnep1:
Thank you for this post. I'll be staying here on Feb 15, 2003. I'm just hoping that that date is included when the point stretcher dates are announced on ????.</font>
I hope they do. If they repeat last years PS dates, you should be fine. They had PS availability for the whole month of February.
I stayed there between Feb 1st and 4th.

AndrewM

Old Dec 5, 2002, 10:56 pm

Be careful. This hotel no longer has free parking. It charges 20 euro per day.
Old Dec 20, 2002, 8:59 am

Rome Hilton Advice Sought

I'm looking at the Cavalieri Hilton hotel for an award stay but it looks like it's not within walking distance of anything. This will be my first trip to Rome and I have this vision of walking out of my hotel directly to all major sights. Should I pick another non-HHonors property and just pay for it? The Cavalieri looks luxurious but the location is questionable. Thanks.
Old Dec 20, 2002, 9:14 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
It is not walking distance to major sites (maybe the Vatican only, about 2.5Km). Location of the hotel is drop dead gorgeous though.
Old Dec 20, 2002, 9:53 am

Programs: Everyone!
Yeah, and good luck getting availability.
Old Dec 20, 2002, 9:58 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by brennanp:
This will be my first trip to Rome</font>
I haven't been to Rome, but spent some time in Florence/Firenze. Smaller than Rome, Florence made New York seem sedate.

I love cities but was glad my accomdodations were not in the city center. Loud, dirty, chaotic -- and yes, charming, fascinating, worth the trip, etc., but a quiet retreat was worth the little "inconvenience".

From what I hear, Rome is the same thing only bigger, noisier, etc.

Old Dec 20, 2002, 10:19 am

"Smaller than Rome, Florence made New York seem sedate."

I heartily agree.

In Florence, try staying in the hill town Fiesole which overlooks Florence and which you can access with a short bus ride. Peaceful and splendid views.

In Rome, the Aventine Hill neighborhood is calm yet relatively convenient. I recommend the Hotel Villa San Pio which is discussed on the Fodors site.
Old Dec 20, 2002, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; SPG LT Platinum
We stayed there a year or so ago, and had a fabulous vacation. There is a local bus about 10 mins away which comes every 10 mins, and can easily get you into the city. There is also a hilton courtesy bus which runs every hour or so, and also drops you right in the heart of the city.

It was our first visit to Rome, and it was the perfect hotel for us. Beautifully situated, probably one of the best lounges in the entire chain, amazing views (see over the whole city), great service, beautiful gardens, etc. The short bus ride into the city was more than compensated for by the fabulous hotel.

You would be missing something special if you didn't stay at the hotel......

One caveat - having lived only in large Northeastern cities, we are used to using public transport. If you're only used to driving, then riding the bus may be more annoying for you...
Old Dec 20, 2002, 7:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: San Diego, CA , 4.2MM+ AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
This will be the last time I am posting this before I cancel my AWARD reservation.

I have a GLONP Award reseravtion at the Rome Cavalieri Hilton from 7/27/03 - 8/02/03.

I will not be needing the reservation so I am going to cancel - however, I understand that it is difficult to obtain a GLONP at this property, so if anyone wants to work with me to take over the reservation, please contact me before 12/24 or I will cancel the reservation.

[This message has been edited by FrAAmer (edited 12-20-2002).]

[This message has been edited by FrAAmer (edited 12-20-2002).]
Old Dec 20, 2002, 9:17 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
YGM.

Thanks,
Jet2K
Old Jan 20, 2003, 4:42 pm

Hilton Rome FCO Airport - Late night public transportation ?

I've done a search and it looks like the last express train to FCO airport is at 11:00 pm. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get to FCO airport Hilton later than that using public transportation? Is there a non-express train that runs later, or a metro? Anybody know whether or not there are buses that run late? I've got to be in Rome for a formal dinner that will likely run until 1am or so. I'd like to avoid taking an expensive taxi back to the airport. Anyone have any good ideas?
Old Jan 20, 2003, 8:48 pm

At that hour, I would take a taxi. Not because it's Rome, but in any major city. From central Rome to FCO it shouldn't take very long and probably cost under US$50.00. There's probably a late night supplement. Have the restaurant call a taxi for you. They usually rely on certain companies to transport patrons.
Old Jan 21, 2003, 4:14 am

You be lucky if you get to FCO for 50 bucks at night. The cabs have a lot of added charges at night. I don't think the cab guys are honest about the cab fares. I paid about 50 bucks to get to the FCO from the Sheraton and we were about halfway to FCO. And now that the Euro hit a 3 year high against the dollar, expect to paid more. It sounds like you are probably out of luck on choices and will have to rely on a cab. Good luck.
Old Jan 21, 2003, 9:09 am

I was in Rome in October and used car service to downtown. I think it cost $35.00 for airport to downtown. Saw serveral car services advertised at Rome touist sites. Made reservation on net. I wish I had more information but I think if you go to Frommers site you will be able to get a better direction.
Old Feb 18, 2003, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
This is an awesome property!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.