Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Rome Airport {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2006, 10:18 am

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Had a two-nights stay at this property after a vacation in Italy before return to US.

The check-in line was long down stairs. I was tired from travel of 6 hours to get there so went upstairs but found not much better at the executive floor due to the staff was busy taking care of complains. Check-out at 5:00AM was also long line. No statement under the door for easy check-out, may be it was too early.

The appearance of the hotel is a bit tired. Carpet and window were dirty. The room is small, tiny closet, and very small bathroom. No upgrade and no HHonnor member recongnition. Lounge is small and was very crowded. Food choice there was not very interesting (i.e. cheese pizza without much topping so pretty much like a piece of dough, fried mash potato with ham. These were the two hot items the night I was there. There was also rice plate and some raw vegi stick). There was only one staff working in the lounge so she was too busy to do all the work needs to be done there. Worst part is there seems no clean glass to use. Glass in the lounge was spotty. The two glasses in my room one was so dirty that has a ring of cream in middle and many big spots looks like coffee residues and the other was covered with small spots that I lost interest to find out what it was.

Staff was ok for the most part but do feel they can use more training from what I observe how they handle customer services.

The shuttle bus was fine. Ride was around 45 minutes to down town Rome so it was relatively convenient. Bus do get pretty full even with 52-seaters.

This property is probably ok for an overnight stay to catch early flight but would not recommend for longer stay.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 6:38 am

Hilton Rome airport/rental car

Their web says that they have a rental car desk. Anyone have any experience with this?
Old Aug 23, 2006, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
No problem if they don't (can't remember if they do or not). The central car rental desks are located along the walkway between the hotel and the terminal. A mere 4 minutes walk away. When are you going to be staying there? PM me as it could be financially advantageous for you.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 9:14 am

I think this extends from discussion on another board; there's a question whether one can avoid the airport surcharge on car rentals in Italy by renting at the hotel instead of the official airport counters.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 12:14 pm

You are correct Rove!
The Hilton website specifically lists a desk for car rentals and limos.
If you are traveling round-trip Rome, but want to start your trip in Tuscany/Umbria with a rental car (as we usually do) there's a long shot possibility of renting the car at the Hilton and thus greatly reducing the overall price.
I've checked and apparently Avis and Hertz aren't listed as having an office there.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 5:06 pm

Programs: SW A-List, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Elite, Hilton Gold
Hilton Rome Airport Luggage Hold Question???

I will be staying at the Rome Airport Hilton in the beginning of September. I was just wondering if anyone knows if the hotel will hold my bags for 24 hours before my stay. The day prior to my stay I will be flying to Cyprus for less than 24 hours and I dont want to take all my bags with me. Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks
Old Aug 23, 2006, 6:32 pm

they absolutely will NOT. they said its for security reasons as they are on the airport grounds
they directed me to a baggage hold IN the airport
i think they are just lazy!

i asked the manager and he said definitely not!
Old Aug 24, 2006, 4:18 am

I had the same experience last month. However, when you go to check in the next day and you room is not ready they will gratefully hold your bags so you can take the shuttle bus into Rome.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 10:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
they absolutely will NOT. they said its for security reasons as they are on the airport grounds

Why are they lazy?? In the post 9/11 world, there are new travel rules every day. Although, I've never stayed at this property, is it possible because they are on airprot grounds they are held to the same standard as the airport itself? you know, passangers and luggage must be together...etc.

When properties are wrong, we should discuss it, but when they are mandated by a higher authority, a property shouldn't be slammed because they are following security rules.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 11:33 am

Programs: SW A-List, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tinkybelle

Where is the baggage hold located? I have a pretty big suitcase and I would love to leave it.
Old Sep 3, 2006, 8:44 am

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Bump - anyone find a place to hold luggage a day or two at Rome airport? I'm also staying at the Hilton and want to leave some luggage for two days while I go to Venice.

Billy
Old Sep 4, 2006, 7:37 pm
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Had a two-night stay here ending Aug. 27. Exec lounge was not crowded, but the hotel seemed full. Nice treatment. 52-seat bus was 1/3 full, but took just over 30 min. to get to downtown Rome!
Was tempted to take the 8:00 p.m. bus to Flumicino ("15 min, then you can have your choice of several restaurants"), with return at 11:45 p.m. Has anyone done this?
Really like this hotel at the end of a Roman trip, relaxing to know that your are nearby for an early morning flight, and found the room to be comfortable, and did like the lounge. Guess its a matter of luck, as a few posts earlier, it sounds kinda nasty if the place is full.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Originally Posted by Zip
Had a two-night stay here ending Aug. 27. Exec lounge was not crowded, but the hotel seemed full. Nice treatment. 52-seat bus was 1/3 full, but took just over 30 min. to get to downtown Rome!
Was tempted to take the 8:00 p.m. bus to Flumicino ("15 min, then you can have your choice of several restaurants"), with return at 11:45 p.m. Has anyone done this?

I'll agree with you that you can have a nice stay at the Hilton FCO. It was great to have a nice air conditioned bus after a long hot day of tromping through Roma. We took the earliest bus one morning, saw some things, had lunch, the caught the 2 or 3 pm bus back to the hotel. Took a nap, watched some Tour de France, then took the 8 pm bus back into Roma. We were able to grab a quick dinner, then catch the last bus which I think left for the hotel at 11pm?
Old Sep 6, 2006, 6:42 pm

Programs: AC MM
My experience with the Hilton Rome airport has been very positive! I was upgraded as a Gold, and was taken care of by the concierge when one of my bags didn't make my connection from MUC. She had my bag there waiting for me in the morning. ^

I have 2 stays coming up at the front end and back end of my cruise next month, I can't wait to enjoy this property again.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Car rental question

Just did another stay at this hotel. Difference between Diamond and Gold seems to be Diamonds get an extra amenity (dessert) while Golds don't. FWIW, the shuttle to Rome is on the even hour, returns on the odd hour. On one evening, the bus was almost full with U.S. tourists. With only 2 shuttles returning, I'd imagine some people may get stranded if the bus is full (the hotel's policy is that it isn't responsible for lack of space). We made alternative plans as we couldn't make the the 2100 shuttle and it was too long for the 2300 (last) one. We took the metro to Piramide, walked by the underground walkway to Ostiense and took the train back to FCO (EUR 5 each). Taxi is EUR 50.

As for the car rental question, I asked. No rental desk at the hotel now. You have to rent frm the rental centre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.