Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Rome Airport {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2003, 9:31 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
dup.

[This message has been edited by Jet2K (edited 05-01-2003).]
Old May 16, 2003, 12:50 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Rome airport Hilton has the best mattress, pillow and comforter

Through the years, we have stayed at various Conrads, Hiltons, Intercontinentals, ...etc, and by far the best mattress, comforter and pillows are at the Rome Airport Hilton.

It has been two months since our return from Rome, and my wife still raves about the mattress and pillow at the airport Hilton. By contrast, the ones at the Cavalieri felt just about average.

Before I call the hotel and inqure about their furnishings, perhaps fellow FTers would know the brand and model of their mattress?

Since I do not stay at SPG properties, anyone know whether their "heavenly bed" are any better?

Edited to add that there was no blanket on top of the sheet, just the very very light, yet warm comforter. The pillow was very light, airy, and yet does not collapse when slept on. My wife has a bad back, and just returned from the chiropractor from yet another pulled neck/back muscle. She has "sorely" missed the Rome airport Hilton.

------------------
International airlines seat desirability map

[This message has been edited by Jet2K (edited 05-16-2003).]
Old May 16, 2003, 1:49 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
I slept so well the other night in San Fran at the Hilton that I picked up the sheets and looked -- it was a Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress.

The Beverly Hilton also has very nice mattresses that I always forget to check the label on.

I am definitely checking out Serta next time I need one!
Old May 16, 2003, 7:41 pm

Location: Only Delta Silver I'm trying to stay at home more :) Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
My vote for best and most comfortable bed goes to the Boston Logan Hilton. So nice!

------------------
Old May 18, 2003, 4:20 pm

The Conrad Dublin and the Conrad Brussels also have very comfortable beds and pillows. The Noga Hilton Cannes has AWFUL bed and pillows, very uncomfortable, worse than some very bad Hampton Inns.
Old May 19, 2003, 6:42 pm

new orleans hilton is the best ..at least new concierge level..i spent considerable time finding out exactly where they got their stuff....company website, phone etc

great stuff
Old May 20, 2003, 7:55 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by teacher5:
new orleans hilton is the best ..at least new concierge level..i spent considerable time finding out exactly where they got their stuff....company website, phone etc</font>
So tell us... which company made them?
Old May 20, 2003, 8:56 am

MissBumpMe! will not stop talking about the duvet at the London Paddington.
...it was 5 months ago already!!!

In early June we'll get to try the Conrad Dublin. Can't wait!
Old Dec 9, 2003, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
PtStretcher Rome Airport Jan 24

The Hiltons agent did not know when the new list of point-strechers would come out but speculated maybe within two weeks. [Threads here suggest much later.]
Does anyone know if it is likely that the Rome Airport Hilton would be on such a list for Jan 04?
Old Dec 9, 2003, 4:54 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
I too wish I had this answer. I currently have an award reservation for mid-January using 30,000 points. Sure would like to save some of those points!

Kinda OT, but does anyone know what the procedure would be if by some wonderful chance the PointStrechers are announced in time and the Rome Hilton is listed? Will it be hard to convert my standard award night into the ptstretched one (can a HH rep do it in one fell swoop or would I have to cancel it, wait for the pts to be redeposited then book the new one?)
Old Dec 9, 2003, 5:40 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I called and they told me that there would not be any point stretcher awards anymore, but that supposedly, there was something coming to replace them.

The agent said "but check the website, because we have as much of a clue as you do".

It was the diamond desk in the US, by the way.
Old Dec 9, 2003, 5:41 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by attorney28:
I called and they told me that there would not be any point stretcher awards anymore, but that supposedly, there was something coming to replace them.

The agent said "but check the website, because we have as much of a clue as you do".

It was the diamond desk in the US, by the way.
</font>
Was there a hint of when this might appear on the web?
Old Dec 9, 2003, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Hilton needs to get on the ball here. The Marriott has posted their "PointSaver" awards for the winter of 2004. A fellow worker, and HH Diamond, was discussing strategies with me for 2004. He needs a three-day stay in Florida. Marriott can give him a stay at a category 6 for 78,000 points, while the Hilton is 117,000 points. This is for a June stay. Now he is booking hotel stays with the Marriott because he has a focused goal. He would stay with the Hilton if they were competitive The Hilton is loosing business because for the moment they are not competitive.
Old Dec 10, 2003, 8:59 am

I called HiltonHonors and got an agent at the Diamonds desk. She did not know about a replacement program for points-stretchers.
Old Dec 10, 2003, 1:11 pm

i was told that PS rewards will follow the same dates from 2003.
so if you have a record of this year dates just use that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.