Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2021, 6:14 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Really excellent stay. Staying a couple of night. Actually one night, but found it so good, staying on. Upgrade from King Room, to Premium Executive room and given preferred room as requested before arrival. Just me, so not bothered about a suite. Great views across Iconsiam and watching the fountain show and Chinese new year decorations.

Pool only open 0900-1800 which is a bit annoying if you work and want to go later.

New cafe is very well done. Executive lounge is part of flow, but the evening snacks were filling - mac n cheese, spring rolls, crudites and cheese, feta salad, chicken tart, fruit. You could ask for more. Soft drinks only due to law, but they may change given the relaxation of rules in Bangkok.

Ate at Flow in evening, it was okay. Menu has a good range, just expensive for what it is. I was working late, was tired to go out.

Breakfast is full buffet which is very rare these days. Conrad exec lounge is semi-buffet, and Hilton Sukhumvit is order only, Holiday Inn Sukhumvit order only, I was surprised to see full buffet.

I really enjoy this hotel now, during the week quiet and the days of bus loads of Chinese has gone. Will see how it is tonight. I think busier due to weekend promotions for Thais.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 3:07 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Staff gleefully informed me that 400 rooms are scheduled to be occupied by Thais this weekend. Teatime nosh at FLOW was turned to buffet this afternoon (Friday), rather than the usual set brought to your table since moving to the ground floor. Good either way - offerings at both teatime and happy hour, in addition to the substantial breakfast buffet.

Teatime offerings this afternoon

Previously offered afternoon set for two
SK AAR, NoY, teemuflyer and 1 others like this.
Old May 3, 2021, 7:18 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Had a stay here last weekend and it felt more like Accor ALL experience, not Hilton one. Basically as Gold, they're offering one-cat upgrade to Premium River View, unless you have an argument and show them the terms on Hilton.com, which finally resulted Executive upgrade. Still some construction going on on ground floor, but luckily noises only during the daytime.

Club lounge is still part of Flow. I found the quality of FB much weaker than Hilton Sukhumvit. Staff seemed somehow confused and mixed up orders a few times or missed to bring some things ordered. Breakfast was a la carte. When you started, they brought 2 apples, 2 yogurts and some cold cuts. That was the easy part. A la carte options were missing some components - tomato salad came without tomatoes for example. No fresh juices.

Probably still OK, if you wish to stay right next to IconSiam, otherwise better pay more to stay at Conrad or save money and stay in Sukhumvit as both offer better experiences than here.
Old May 3, 2021, 9:50 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Fims
Had a stay here last weekend and it felt more like Accor ALL experience, not Hilton one. Basically as Gold, they're offering one-cat upgrade to Premium River View, unless you have an argument and show them the terms on Hilton.com, which finally resulted Executive upgrade. Still some construction going on on ground floor, but luckily noises only during the daytime.

Club lounge is still part of Flow. I found the quality of FB much weaker than Hilton Sukhumvit. Staff seemed somehow confused and mixed up orders a few times or missed to bring some things ordered. Breakfast was a la carte. When you started, they brought 2 apples, 2 yogurts and some cold cuts. That was the easy part. A la carte options were missing some components - tomato salad came without tomatoes for example. No fresh juices.

Probably still OK, if you wish to stay right next to IconSiam, otherwise better pay more to stay at Conrad or save money and stay in Sukhumvit as both offer better experiences than here.
Additional Covid restrictions must have hit them hard. Nothing like my experience of a few weeks back - lounge operating as usual on 31st floor & service stellar. Renovations are very nice & well executed. It offers a much better experience than Conrad, or other Hilton branded hotels in Bangkok, IME. I am a Diamond though & know the Executive Floor staff quite well (just for context). YMMV of course.
Old May 3, 2021, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
Additional Covid restrictions must have hit them hard. Nothing like my experience of a few weeks back - lounge operating as usual on 31st floor & service stellar. Renovations are very nice & well executed. It offers a much better experience than Conrad, or other Hilton branded hotels in Bangkok, IME. I am a Diamond though & know the Executive Floor staff quite well (just for context). YMMV of course.

Hi Noy. Afraid the lounge is closed now on the 31st floor, forever. It is now down beside flow. Not sure if this is permanent or they will open a new one on the ground floor, but 31st is gone.
Old May 3, 2021, 10:12 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by NoY
I am most likely in the minority opinion regarding renovations. For standard rooms I agree with you that it was a clear improvement, however in the panoramic suite (which is almost always the room type I booked), they covered too much of the window frontage with useless wall panels; that was a strong point of that room type, probably still good but not as great as before. Also they wasted too much space in the room with other miscellaneous wall panels in that room.

That plus the fact that nowadays odds of suite upgrades are near 100% at many other hotels in the city (mostly non-Hilton, but including Waldorf Astoria), I grew tired of paying for a suite at MH as they are not as generous as others, even for repeat Diamond guests.

Closing the lounge on the 31st floor was the final nail in the coffin for me, happy hour used to be great up there, regardless of food or beverage offered. It was about the venue.

The only thing that improved is location, which is something hotels can rarely claim. ICON Siam and the BTS line being built next door has lessened the drawback of being on that side of the river.

I will probably go back once in a while for old times' sake because it's not a crap hotel by any stretch of the imagination. However being the Waldorf Astoria fan boy that I am, I cannot let your comment above slide
"It offers a much better experience than Conrad, or other Hilton branded hotels in Bangkok"
If you meant Hilton Sukhumvit specifically and did not intend to include WA, then sorry to be picky but since there is only one other Hilton in Bangkok besides MH, then there is an extra 's' that should be cut out from your sentence above. And if you truly meant Hilton chain hotelS in Bangkok, then it would be a sacrilege to rank WA below MH
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old May 4, 2021, 1:08 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by escape4
I am most likely in the minority opinion regarding renovations. For standard rooms I agree with you that it was a clear improvement, however in the panoramic suite (which is almost always the room type I booked), they covered too much of the window frontage with useless wall panels; that was a strong point of that room type, probably still good but not as great as before. Also they wasted too much space in the room with other miscellaneous wall panels in that room.

That plus the fact that nowadays odds of suite upgrades are near 100% at many other hotels in the city (mostly non-Hilton, but including Waldorf Astoria), I grew tired of paying for a suite at MH as they are not as generous as others, even for repeat Diamond guests.

Closing the lounge on the 31st floor was the final nail in the coffin for me, happy hour used to be great up there, regardless of food or beverage offered. It was about the venue.

The only thing that improved is location, which is something hotels can rarely claim. ICON Siam and the BTS line being built next door has lessened the drawback of being on that side of the river.

I will probably go back once in a while for old times' sake because it's not a crap hotel by any stretch of the imagination. However being the Waldorf Astoria fan boy that I am, I cannot let your comment above slide

If you meant Hilton Sukhumvit specifically and did not intend to include WA, then sorry to be picky but since there is only one other Hilton in Bangkok besides MH, then there is an extra 's' that should be cut out from your sentence above. And if you truly meant Hilton chain hotelS in Bangkok, then it would be a sacrilege to rank WA below MH
LOL. I was very specific in saying Hilton branded hotels. WA isn't branded as a Hilton, IMHO . The other hotels in Bangkok specifically state Hilton in their branding. I have stayed in all Hilton Bangkok properties except the WA, hence I didn't intend () to include it. I should have been more specific!

Interesting about the lounge - the Executive Floor Manager told me (approx. a month ago) that 31 floor lounge is going to stay for "a few years" & indeed the furniture had all had a makeover & new flooring was ordered. Hence my prior comments. Things change I guess? Lets see. I will return because I like the place & its location. I always (these days) just book the room I want. Typicall the family Suite & then get upgraded to the panoramic Suite, which I really like.
Old May 4, 2021, 1:10 am
NoY

Originally Posted by gav0106
Hi Noy. Afraid the lounge is closed now on the 31st floor, forever. It is now down beside flow. Not sure if this is permanent or they will open a new one on the ground floor, but 31st is gone.
Yikes! Who from the hotel said to you that the lounge on 31 is gone for good? Just curious!
Old May 4, 2021, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by NoY
Yikes! Who from the hotel said to you that the lounge on 31 is gone for good? Just curious!
Hi Noy, was on check in. I maybe wrong but the impression I got was the space will be for parties etc. With the ground floor renovations, it seems they took the chance to move the lounge as well.
Old May 4, 2021, 1:28 am
NoY

Originally Posted by gav0106
Hi Noy, was on check in. I maybe wrong but the impression I got was the space will be for parties etc. With the ground floor renovations, it seems they took the chance to move the lounge as well.
I am holding out hope that they were misinformed
Old May 4, 2021, 2:14 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by NoY
LOL. I was very specific in saying Hilton branded hotels. WA isn't branded as a Hilton, IMHO . The other hotels in Bangkok specifically state Hilton in their branding. I have stayed in all Hilton Bangkok properties except the WA, hence I didn't intend () to include it. I should have been more specific!
Ah I understand; your use of plural threw me off! For me there are only two Hilton hotels in Bangkok, I consider DT to be separate. WA is in a league of its own.

I agree the location of MH is a nice change from city center hotels and for the price it's decent compared to other riverside options like Peninsula, Shangri-La, Avani+, Anantara. Sheraton can also compete with MH on price. The river location is a strong point of the property...
NoY likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 11:08 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I am finishing up a stay here. Pictured below are two lounge offerings, one sad interpretation of eggs benedict for breakfast and a cheesecake + smoothie that was offered as a voucher to Diamonds.

There is no excuse for the egg benedict, but the staff is friendly and does what they can.

Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:24 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
@ EL Duderito: thanks for the pictures and info. How did you find the new lounge as an experience on the whole? Are there any views? And alcohol, or is that not available at the moment?
Old Jun 3, 2021, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Except that a slice of ham is missing, this is the version of eggs benedict that is served most places in SE Asia.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 7:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sbams
And alcohol, or is that not available at the moment?
There is no in-person alcohol service in Bangkok currently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.