Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How To Keep Hilton Honors Points From Expiring: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
In accordance with the terms and conditions of Hilton HHonors:

Members who do not have eligible activity as defined in a. - d. below in any 24 consecutive month period may be removed from the Program and are subject to forfeiture of all accumulated Points. At the discretion of Hilton Honors, such Members may be permitted to remain in the Program and removed after five years of inactivity. To keep accumulated Hilton Honors Points, the Member must take one of the following actions within a 24 consecutive month period:
  1. stay at a hotel within the Hilton Portfolio pursuant to the terms herein;
  2. earn Hilton Honors Points through any third party source of Hilton Honors Point accumulation, including a Hilton co-branded credit card, pursuant to its terms;
  3. purchase Hilton Honors Points; or,
  4. donate Points through The Hilton Honors Giving Back Program.

Print Wikipost

How To Keep Hilton Honors Points From Expiring: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:27 am

Mag subs for Hilton Hhonors points or way to get a few points to prevent expiration?

Can I purchase a magazine subscription to get a few Hhonors points to help prevent point expiration? My wife and I both need to do this. Is 12 months the shortest "no activity" / expiration period in the hotel industry re: points?

Any way to buy an iTunes song for Hilton Hhonors points, etc? Need to move fast. Been pokey and expiration date is coming soon. Or can I transfer some small amount of miles from another program like Hawaiian Airlines, etc, to keep our points from expiring?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
Can I purchase a magazine subscription to get a few Hhonors points to help prevent point expiration? My wife and I both need to do this. Is 12 months the shortest "no activity" / expiration period in the hotel industry re: points?

Any way to buy an iTunes song for Hilton Hhonors points, etc? Need to move fast. Been pokey and expiration date is coming soon. Or can I transfer some small amount of miles from another program like Hawaiian Airlines, etc, to keep our points from expiring?
Any thoughts?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Isn't there a hilton honors shopping website? I think it's on Hilton honors website
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by nlkm9
Isn't there a hilton honors shopping website? I think it's on Hilton honors website
Yes indeed, thanks. Found it here:

http://shoptoearn.hhonors.com/
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Also, HHonors is a partner of Idine/ Rewards Network. Join & use your credit/ debit card at a member restaurant/ bar. Points will post in 9--16 days (weekly sweeps.)
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Brendan
Also, HHonors is a partner of Idine/ Rewards Network. Join & use your credit/ debit card at a member restaurant/ bar. Points will post in 9--16 days (weekly sweeps.)
Thanks Brendan. Hadn't heard of that. Does it have to be a Hilton CC? Or could I register with a CSP?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Any Visa, MC, Amex, or Discover will do--credit or debit:
www.hhonorsdining.com
Idine also offers programs for IHG Rewards, DL, US, UA, AA, & others.
Old May 8, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: F9, UA, AA, HH, WN
Preserving HHonor Points

I haven't stayed in a Hilton property for a year and don't want to lose my 159,000 points. I am not sure what they are worth in terms of nights. Quick question: If I go to a nearby Hilton to eat a restaurant will paying for that count as activity?

Thank you.
Old May 8, 2014, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by PlaneAdmirer
I haven't stayed in a Hilton property for a year and don't want to lose my 159,000 points. I am not sure what they are worth in terms of nights. Quick question: If I go to a nearby Hilton to eat a restaurant will paying for that count as activity?

Thank you.
No.

See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...xpiring+points
Old May 23, 2014, 6:30 am

Honors points expiring May 30

Guys

If I make a transaction today on Amex Hilton and the statement closes next month, will it help re-credit the points that expire on May 30?

I actually did make a transaction 3 months ago but the points never posted and Amex told me this morning I've been in -ve points balance due to an earlier return and hence it didn't post

Thanks
Old May 23, 2014, 1:48 pm

Anybody?
Old May 23, 2014, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I don't really think that will save your points. Amex won't post the points to Hilton until June (or July) and by then won't Hilton have expired your points?
Have a look at this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...+expiring+amex
Old May 23, 2014, 2:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I don't really think that will save your points. Amex won't post the points to Hilton until June (or July) and by then won't Hilton have expired your points?
Have a look at this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...+expiring+amex
I believe you are correct. OP, you need to have "activity" no later than May 30. If you have a stay with a check-out no later than May 30 then that will work even if the points do not post until a few days later. However, IIRC purchasing something prior to May 30 on a CC will not work since that activity will be deemed to occur on the points posting date which will be post-May 30.
Old May 23, 2014, 2:08 pm

To save my American airlines points, even though they posted past the date, the transaction was deemed to be before the expiration date and they credited them back

Can I book a room for Aug or do I need to complete the activity before may 30?
Old May 23, 2014, 2:15 pm

If I make a transaction today on Amex Hilton and the statement closes next month, will it help re-credit the points that expire on May 30?

I actually did make a transaction 3 months ago but the points never posted and Amex told me this morning I've been in -ve points balance due to an earlier return and hence it didn't post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.