Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Old Oct 22, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Grapenut
Yes, I received this upgrade once in January 2018. It was driven by facility maintenance causing an issue with our booked room, and we were notified by management via email prior to arrival. Very apologetic naturally, and we were more than happy to accept. Not the normal upgrade scenario so not sure if it would happen regularly.
Was this upgrade a result of the building power systems maintenance? Because that was certainly a very abnormal situation.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
This is a higher end property overall. Larger rooms, more staff to guest ratio and the like. Thus, normally higher rates to match. I don't quite understand the question about the food. Restaurants, lounge?
More a question about the breakfast. Have you been to both?
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:30 am

Been to both, breakfasts are comparable. Hilton is geared a bit more towards handling lots of people at breakfast and the breakfast is on lobby level/no view. Conrad has windows and somewhat better level of service (but it can be just a tad inconsistent).
Old Oct 22, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by enox5
More a question about the breakfast. Have you been to both?
Originally Posted by smithrh
Been to both, breakfasts are comparable. Hilton is geared a bit more towards handling lots of people at breakfast and the breakfast is on lobby level/no view. Conrad has windows and somewhat better level of service (but it can be just a tad inconsistent).
Yes, been to both multiple times. I agree with @smithrh that the Hilton has larger crowds, but it also has more rooms so it makes sense. At these properties I tend to have my breakfast at the Executive Lounges, as the offerings are more than satisfactory. And I love the fresh squeezed orange juice machine at the Hilton Tokyo EL..
Old Oct 22, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy something
Originally Posted by gengar
Was this upgrade a result of the building power systems maintenance? Because that was certainly a very abnormal situation.
If I recall correctly, it was planned facility maintenance, but something went awry with our floor so you are probably correct. We were not impacted in any way since it was pre-arrival, but the proactive upgrade to the Royal Suite has made me a loyal traveler to this hotel.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:24 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Better Than Ever

Conrad Tokyo

Map| 4 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Conrad Tokyo

1-9-1 Higashi-Shinbashi, Minato-ku Tokyo, JP 105-7337

Better Than Ever (13 Photos)

Conrad Tokyo

I was back in Tokyo for my honeymoon, and having had such a phenomenal experience during my last two visits to the Conrad, I was looking forward to another visit. I could not have been more impressed.

We booked a base room with points, and I had reached out to the Reservation Manager to purchase a (very reasonable) upgrade to a Bay Suite. 

Check In

We arrived at Haneda around 6am, and took the Asakusa line to Shimbashi Station before walking to the Conrad via the skywalk. It was about 7am when we arrived, and while I had gotten a few hours of sleep on the overnight flight from Bangkok, my wife had not. Needless to say that we were quite tired on arrival, but we received a warm and gracious welcome as soon as we entered the lobby.

It was a quick trip up to check-in on the 28th floor, and we were guided each step of the way. When I had reached out via email prior to our early arrival, the staff had graciously offered to allow us to shower at the gym/spa facilities. The front desk attendant recognized that despite our 7am arrival we were departing two days later at 7am, and graciously offered us an early-check in. We were astounded by the hotel's generousity , and even more surprised once we arrived at our suite.

Room

As soon as we got to our door, we realized that this was not a standard Bay Suite. In addition to the early check in, the staff had graciously upgraded us to a Corner Bay Suite for our two-night stay. The room was huge, especially, for Tokyo. This is a 1 Bedroom, 1.5 Bathroom suite with a great view of Tokyo Bay. IMG_20190901_074231.jpg

As with all rooms at the Conrad, this suite is well-appointed, and includes a table, television and minibar, and plenty of amenities.

IMG_20190901_075115.jpg

1_IMG_20190901_075058.jpgIMG_20190901_075108.jpg

This suite also had a separate desk, a sofa, a second television in the bedroom, and an extra half bathroom.

IMG_20190901_074227.jpgIMG_20190901_074229.jpgIMG_20190901_074235.jpgIMG_20190901_074239.jpgIMG_20190901_074254.jpgIMG_20190901_074256.jpgIMG_20190901_074312.jpgIMG_20190901_074625.jpgIMG_20190901_162613.jpg

I don't have anything new about the hard product from my previous review. It doesn't look like anything has been updated, though there's an obvious gap where the DVD players have been removed from the rooms. The suite bathrooms do have a television in the shower (not uncommon in nicer Japanese properties). 

Service

The service was impeccable from start to finish, in line with my previous visits. Staff here do a great job referring to guests by name when encountered throughout the property (with the exception of breakfast, which can get quite busy). It was my wife's first time in Tokyo so we didn't spend much time in the hotel, but every interaction with the staff was positive. 

Dining

Our on-property dining was limited, as neither one of us enjoys spending meals inside a hotel while in a city. As a gold member, we were entitled to complimentary breakfast at Cerise, which we had before departing to Haneda in the morning. I don't have any new photographs, but the selection was varied and the quality was great.

I like the location of this hotel, due to the accessibility from Haneda and proximity to multiple subway and JR lines. The entrance to Shiodome station is immediately outside the hotel, and the well-connected Shimbashi is a short walk away. Ginza and Tsukiji are a short walk from the hotel, and the run to the Imperial Palace grounds makes for some great morning exercise.

Overall

I booked our visit expecting to be impressed, but my expectations were surpassed. The hotel is impeccably run, and management and staff treat guests with respect and generousity. The Conrad Tokyo is easily one of my favorite hotels. 

Better Than Ever

Would you like to write a review on the Conrad Tokyo?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Nov 2, 2019, 2:40 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
What are the transport options to this hotel from haneda. It just occured to me that I have never flown into haneda before so I sm not sure the best way to transit.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Red259
What are the transport options to this hotel from haneda. It just occured to me that I have never flown into haneda before so I sm not sure the best way to transit.

Hi,

There is a good summary (including my experience) here ;
Transportation suggestions from HND to Conrad Tokyo?

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Red259
The best way (not cheapest) is a taxi. From Haneda Airport to Conrad. I took one 2 weeks ago, paid by credit card for USD $58.56.

This was a regular taxi. Nothing prebooked. Just walked outside and got in one of taxis waiting.
FlyingKansan likes this.

Last edited by FlyingHighlander; Nov 2, 2019 at 5:09 am
Old Nov 2, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Another option is to google "airport limousine bus haneda". They offer service from the airport to various hotels at a very reasonable price. Not as convenient as a taxi but much less expensive and more convenient than taking public transport with luggage. We've done this from the Conrad to Narita and Haneda at different times. I believe the route would be Hibiya, Ginza, Shiodome. You can email the hotel with more questions or to ask which route to take - they might even be able to supply you with the schedule.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by MellieAZ
Another option is to google "airport limousine bus haneda". They offer service from the airport to various hotels at a very reasonable price. Not as convenient as a taxi but much less expensive and more convenient than taking public transport with luggage. We've done this from the Conrad to Narita and Haneda at different times. I believe the route would be Hibiya, Ginza, Shiodome. You can email the hotel with more questions or to ask which route to take - they might even be able to supply you with the schedule.

Hi,

The schedule is here

https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/ar...ibiya/dep/70/4

I found that from Haneda the bus schedule to the Conrad is surprisingly poor ( only 2 buses apparently at 1315 and 1555)

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 2, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

The schedule is here

https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/ar...ibiya/dep/70/4

I found that from Haneda the bus schedule to the Conrad is surprisingly poor ( only 2 buses apparently at 1315 and 1555)

Regards

TBS
Much better Limo bus schedules from NRT, but it makes sense since it's much further from Tokyo, and so many other options are available. But I do love the convenience both for the Conrad, and the Hilton Shinjuku.

Last edited by teemuflyer; Nov 2, 2019 at 10:02 am
Old Nov 2, 2019, 1:21 pm
was ShootinPutin11

Programs: AA-Plat, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium, UA-Silver, DL-Silver
I'm looking to stay in Tokyo in early-mid August (ideally at the Conrad) but the Hilton website is showing most hotels as completely sold out (even paid stays) for the month.

Does anyone know why that would be? I've tried both week and weekend stays for both 1 and 4 nights but haven't been able to find any hotel availability except for the Hilton Odawara.

Any advice on how to get a room at the Conrad? I'm surprised that the hotel would be sold out 9 months in advance. Thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2019, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by ShootinPutin11
I'm looking to stay in Tokyo in early-mid August (ideally at the Conrad) but the Hilton website is showing most hotels as completely sold out (even paid stays) for the month.

Does anyone know why that would be? I've tried both week and weekend stays for both 1 and 4 nights but haven't been able to find any hotel availability except for the Hilton Odawara.

Any advice on how to get a room at the Conrad? I'm surprised that the hotel would be sold out 9 months in advance. Thanks!

when I was looking to make my booking for next year the same thing was showing Apparently Tokyo conran is not loaded on the system till approx 6/8months before.
But just a thought are your dates for when the Olympics are on? If so it might well be booked out.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 1:27 pm

The Olympics?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.