Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2019, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by kt85
Glad I can help! Flyertalk community has helped me so much, only fair I help back!

Can't wait till March.
I can’t wait till April 2020.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC; AA Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by spursdebs
I can’t wait till April 2020.
Going in June - keeping my fingers crossed my dates will be available for the standard points soon. Was booked for the Conrad but had to cancel due to the typhoon and rescheduled for June. Holding a room at the Hilton for now...
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Visiting early next year 6 adults across two rooms (two diamonds). Both rooms were booked for 3. Just confirming/ like to get new DP if possible, do we all have access to EL/breakfast?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by verbyournoun
Visiting early next year 6 adults across two rooms (two diamonds). Both rooms were booked for 3. Just confirming/ like to get new DP if possible, do we all have access to EL/breakfast?
Yes.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 100k, Hyatt Globalist, Hhonors Diamond, Marriot Platinum
I have been looking for reward nights in April 2-12 date range for a while now. Wish I checked flyertalk before and learnt the 5 day trick!! I don’t see anything open now, but seems like I have to keep trying. Any specific time of day or day do week the status changes? I plan to check daily now.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by pointsrunner
I have been looking for reward nights in April 2-12 date range for a while now. Wish I checked flyertalk before and learnt the 5 day trick!! I don’t see anything open now, but seems like I have to keep trying. Any specific time of day or day do week the status changes? I plan to check daily now.
I'm regarding myself as experienced in checking standard award availability for the Conrad Tokyo. And I have a standard award stay for that data range, cherry blossom season. They already had three periods with availability for that data range. Now it's even difficult to book a standard room for money.

From my point of view 4.5 months before there is no specific time of day or week, where it's more likely that they change the availability for standard awards. Checking every day is the right way. Having an award booking at the Hilton Tokyo as a back up is a good idea as well.

Maybe they change availability when they load the actual promotion?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:38 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by thbe
I'm regarding myself as experienced in checking standard award availability for the Conrad Tokyo. And I have a standard award stay for that data range, cherry blossom season. They already had three periods with availability for that data range. Now it's even difficult to book a standard room for money.

From my point of view 4.5 months before there is no specific time of day or week, where it's more likely that they change the availability for standard awards. Checking every day is the right way. Having an award booking at the Hilton Tokyo as a back up is a good idea as well.

I also have a 5 night stay (Points) during that period at the Conrad. I booked it months ago. As it turns out I am now trying to add an extra night at the beginning and there's nothing shy of $1000 USD per night. As i get into NRT ~4PM i booked a stay at the Hilton NRT for 20K points in stead of $200 USD because i can't stomach > $1000 for that one additional night. I am checking at least a couple times a week for availability on points, but am not expecting it to materialize based upon what I am reading here.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 1:00 pm

When you book 3 adult for 1 room, did they mention there will be extra charge for the 3rd person? if yes how much it would be? thanks!
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 100k, Hyatt Globalist, Hhonors Diamond, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by thbe

Originally Posted by Dad to Rei
I also have a 5 night stay (Points) during that period at the Conrad. I booked it months ago. As it turns out I am now trying to add an extra night at the beginning and there's nothing shy of $1000 USD per night. As i get into NRT ~4PM i booked a stay at the Hilton NRT for 20K points in stead of $200 USD because i can't stomach > $1000 for that one additional night. I am checking at least a couple times a week for availability on points, but am not expecting it to materialize based upon what I am reading here.

Thanks for the feedback. I will keep my hopes low and have made backup bookings
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by newdaybegin
When you book 3 adult for 1 room, did they mention there will be extra charge for the 3rd person? if yes how much it would be? thanks!
Emails from the concierge inform me benefits apply to all free of charge.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:51 pm

50% off flash sale for Japan. Conrads generally go for the lowest prices they hit (barring random and odd exceptions) so you may be better off paying cash and earning points
2 days left.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:18 pm

Emails from the concierge inform me benefits apply to all free of charge.
I understand the breakfast is free for all 3, but what I mean is that if they charge you extra fee for the third person in the room?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 6:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by newdaybegin
I understand the breakfast is free for all 3, but what I mean is that if they charge you extra fee for the third person in the room?
I booked both stays using points, so I technically paid the 3rd person fee already. Since the cap on standard rewards is 95k for two people, they cannot charge more than the max of the standard reward if booking for three.

I have no data points for paying with cash, but since 3 person rates are across the board more expensive than 2, I would assume that yes you would need to pay the third person fee if you show up with more than the amount of guests on your reservation
Old Nov 28, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC; AA Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Gold
Standard awards now open into late June for Conrad Tokyo

Heads up and Happy Thanksgiving! Obviously not all days are available.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
Deal Alert: Conrad Tokyo from 26k per night in December and January, ends today. ENDED. That sounded like a steal for one of the best Conrads in the world, in my honest opinion.

Last edited by antebellum; Dec 1, 2019 at 2:52 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.