Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Cynicor
380k is 5 nights, too.
so 1.2K USD a night. I’ve seen it for about 800 before but never quite so high.
still, it’s decent value when it’s above 500-600usd a night, to me.
Yea there is no way I would ever pay 1.2k for that property.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 8:44 pm

Agreed. There are better at a cheaper price point, apparently.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Red259
Yea there is no way I would ever pay 1.2k for that property.
Me too, that is why I pay with points.

The point is not, if it’s worth that money. The point is, why it’s difficult to get standard room awards at Conrad Tokyo.

There are other Hilton properties in Tokyo, where you get standard room awards much more easily. So if you mind checking availability frequently, just book another hotel.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by xmzzn123
Is the hotel doing anything special for new years? I saw some dining plan for Christmas but not new years on the japanese site.

Thanks for the help!
You can probably message the concierge for details. However, Japan as a whole does not "celebrate" New Year's like Westerners do. It's a much more somber celebration where they honor their ancestors and pray.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 1:06 pm

I couldn't find English version of the following page (in Japanese):
https://www.conradtokyo.co.jp/plans/...d_newyear_1920
they do have a count-down party at Twenty Eight and special menus for Chinese and French restaurants
xmzzn123 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 12:29 am

I've stayed here over New Years. There's nothing special.

Originally Posted by ichigen
they do have a count-down party at Twenty Eight and special menus for Chinese and French restaurants
Says: New Year's counting down party is just 10p-midnight, 16,000y pps inc taxes if staying there, live band, free-flowing champagne.
Wonder how many people would actually pay to attend such thing at that price, especially if they just shut it down right after midnight which seems rather anticlimatic.
xmzzn123 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by TravelLawyer
However, Japan as a whole does not "celebrate" New Year's like Westerners do. It's a much more somber celebration where they honor their ancestors and pray.
First sentence, true.
Second one, not really. I don't know that most of us honor ancestors and pray. We're holed up watching kohaku NYE, then eat osechi meals even though much of Jpn population are not crazy about osechi.
TravelLawyer and Cynicor like this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 1:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ichigen

thank you! Have you ever dine at the Chinese restaurant before? Is it good? I think $160 for a two hours of countdown party is a bit too much for me
Old Dec 14, 2019, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by xmzzn123
thank you! Have you ever dine at the Chinese restaurant before? Is it good? I think $160 for a two hours of countdown party is a bit too much for me
I haven't tried the Chinese restaurant, so can't comment (maybe others can do).
If you still don't want to go to bed after midnight, going to a shrine or temple may be a good idea
http://www.visiting-japan.com/en/art...-hatsumode.htm
most train/subway systems should be operating overnight for the people going "hatsumode"
xmzzn123 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: VA, A3, HH, SQ, EK, CX
At the Conrad Tokyo now (4th time staying here). 3 night points redemption. Gold HH member. Upgraded to executive floor. Checked in at 755PM and they phoned ahead to hold the lounge open a bit longer for us to enjoy the evening drinks.

Service is outstanding here.

Wonderful start to the Japan trip.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card

Just back from a 6-night points redemption stay here. It's still my favorite hotel on the planet. I received a bay-view room on the top floor. As ozguytim notes, service is incredible here. The staff at and around the front desk and those in the lounge are incredibly helpful and enjoyable to talk to.

They gave out a Christmas-themed bear.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 11:19 am

Just need advice for to book Conrad Tokyo on points successfully for next November 2010 . I look at the website and no availability (to book standard room for reward stay) from June to End of December 2020.

I like to know the following:
a) how in advance this hotel release availability for award booking
b) Will it better to book room paying with cash when there is a sale at this property
c) How long ahead of your trip you see standard room available for booking using points or certificate

Thank you
Old Dec 25, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy something
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Just need advice for to book Conrad Tokyo on points successfully for next November 2010 . I look at the website and no availability (to book standard room for reward stay) from June to End of December 2020.

I like to know the following:
a) how in advance this hotel release availability for award booking
b) Will it better to book room paying with cash when there is a sale at this property
c) How long ahead of your trip you see standard room available for booking using points or certificate

Thank you
A) You’ll find availability come spring for sure. I booked November 2019 at the beginning of May so just continue checking intermittently.
b) Sales can present a solid value if you have a specific point value targeted. Generally the flash sales are non-refundable so you have to weigh that risk.
c) see A
Cheers!
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by jefftiger
It's still my favorite hotel on the planet.
mine too!
jefftiger likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 7:19 am

Not sure when this change took effect at Cerise's breakfast buffet, but now each person is able to choose not 1 but 2 items from the a-la-carte selections. We only chose 1 item nonetheless, because there's no way I'd have much room left to enjoy the buffet on top of 2 made-to-order plates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.