Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
So if I make a booking before June 15th for a vac in 2014 and make changes to it after June 15th, do I pay the new rate or the old rate?
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
The way I understand HH is that you have an award cert that is issued that is good for a year from issue. That award cert before June 15th will cost 145k in points. You can tie that award cert to any award reservation (four nights, standard room, cat 7) while that award is valid.

So if I book a Cat 7 on June 14 for 4 nights award stay, I can change to another 4 nights with standard award availability at that cat 7 (assuming it stays cat 7) anytime for another year till the reward expires. I could even book a different hotel, cat 7, standard award, and just use my issued reward cert for it.

That is how I think it works... I will likely test it out by seeing if I can issue an award cert in mid June on its own. If not, I can always book a hotel far out and then put my theory in place.. worst case, they redeposit the 145k back when I cancel the reward.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by pitflyer
The way I understand HH is that you have an award cert that is issued that is good for a year from issue. That award cert before June 15th will cost 145k in points. You can tie that award cert to any award reservation (four nights, standard room, cat 7) while that award is valid.

So if I book a Cat 7 on June 14 for 4 nights award stay, I can change to another 4 nights with standard award availability at that cat 7 (assuming it stays cat 7) anytime for another year till the reward expires. I could even book a different hotel, cat 7, standard award, and just use my issued reward cert for it.

That is how I think it works... I will likely test it out by seeing if I can issue an award cert in mid June on its own. If not, I can always book a hotel far out and then put my theory in place.. worst case, they redeposit the 145k back when I cancel the reward.
^
Old Apr 30, 2013, 6:13 pm

2 letters from Amex today - 2 closed Amex HH Surpass cards tonight.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 7:54 pm

IMO HH is still the best deal for people who don't stay at hotels often ( or in my case ever except reward stays) as you have at least 2 churnable cards

A person wth good credit can get an easy 250k points per year churning 5 HH visa's alone

In fact even with the increase in AXON awards the availability of the churnable HH visa has made Hilton cheaper for me as of now
Old Apr 30, 2013, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
IMO HH is still the best deal for people who don't stay at hotels often ( or in my case ever except reward stays) as you have at least 2 churnable cards

A person wth good credit can get an easy 250k points per year churning 5 HH visa's alone

In fact even with the increase in AXON awards the availability of the churnable HH visa has made Hilton cheaper for me as of now
You go ahead and keep thankin' em. You're their type of customer - have at it.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by Ritz
You go ahead and keep thankin' em. You're their type of customer - have at it.
Oh you're right, I should feel sorry for you, my bad. I don't set the rules I just play by them

If their type of customer puts $100K plus on a credit card per year, you're right I'm that customer. Lowly scum because I don't live in a hotel, lol

Last edited by flyer4512; May 1, 2013 at 3:04 pm
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:10 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Oh your right, I should feel sorry for you, my bad. I don't set the rules I just play by them

If thier type of customer puts $100K plus on a credit card per year, your right I'm that customer. Lowly scum because I don't live in a hotel, lol
I don't really get what you're implying here.

BUT the one thing that did stick out was your God-awful spelling.
It's YOU'RE not your.

"Your right" means "Your prerogative"
"You're right" means "You ARE right".
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:18 pm

If you wanted to stay a week at the Barbados Hilton in a suite (not room), could I use AXON? How many points would it then cost after June 15th?
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:27 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by comptalk
If you wanted to stay a week at the Barbados Hilton in a suite (not room), could I use AXON? How many points would it then cost after June 15th?
You could book two back to back AXON awards (standard room only, never a suite) for a total of eight nights. As for how much, check the new points schedule located as a "wikipost" at the top of this thread (not sure what category hotel you're considering).
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
You could book two back to back AXON awards (standard room only, never a suite) for a total of eight nights. As for how much, check the new points schedule located as a "wikipost" at the top of this thread (not sure what category hotel you're considering).
Anyone know what category the Barbados Hilton is? Does the AXON awards work for both the rooms and the suites? Are there any additional fees for the suites with AXON rewards? Never used AXON before, so I just do not know.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:58 pm

Anyone know what category the Barbados Hilton is? Does the AXON awards work for both the rooms and the suites? Are there any additional fees for the suites with AXON rewards? Never used AXON before, so I just do not know.
As I stated earlier, you may not use an AXON for suites, only standard rooms. Once you book a standard room, you probably can pay additional $ at check-in and upgrade to a suite. To find the property's category, check their description page, the category is posted on that page.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:35 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
I'm going to burn the bulk of my HH points on an AXON award for the first time in a CAT7 hotel in SF. I have a choice of properties that come up when I do an award search, at both 50,000 and 60,000 points/night. I should be able to get an AXON award at any CAT7 hotel for 145,000 pts (til 6/15) regardless of how many points are required for one standard night award, correct? TIA
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by aau
I should be able to get an AXON award at any CAT7 hotel for 145,000 pts (til 6/15) regardless of how many points are required for one standard night award, correct? TIA
Correct, as long as a standard room is available.
Old May 1, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Believe it is Cat 8, which means AXON awards will become available on June 15 under the new structure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.