Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by slaman
Is there any benefit to using the AXON reward over a VIP reward for a 5-night Cat 6 stay?
No; see comprehensive chart at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16579700-post14.html.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Don't know how I missed that chart. Thanks so much! It's amazing how thorough FTers are!
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:20 am

Any experience on how long it takes before Hilton Honors sees in their systems that you are a new HH AMEX cardholder & thus eligible for AXON awards?

It has been a week for me and HH Diamond line is not letting me book a new AXON yet because HH cannot see that I am an HH AMEX cardholder.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by UVU Wolverine
I just booked an AXON award for the Frankfurt Hilton and it show's on the confirmation 136K points instead of the 125K it should be. 125K points were taken out of my account however, so I think the error is still ongoing.
I Booked an Axon 7 yesterday for 145K but the award shows 170K .
Old Jul 23, 2012, 5:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Does Axon7 still exist and wasn't it for 145k points? Reason Im asking is because on the amex surpass card application page has this written on it:

"We’d like to see you more, for less.

With your Hilton HHonorsTM Surpass® Card, you can redeem for less. Receive 4 HHonors reward nights at categories 5 or 6 properties within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio at a special rate exclusively for Cardmembers.14

Call 1-800-920-5649 to redeem a four night stay:

Category 5 hotels — 125,000 HHonors bonus points (normally 140,000). Mention promo code AXON5.
Category 6 hotels — 145,000 HHonors bonus points (normally 160,000). Mention promo code AXON6."

http://www304.americanexpress.com/ge...Honors-Surpass
Old Jul 23, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Sorry if this isn't the appropriate forum to ask this. Does the regular AmEx card allow for AXON rewards or only the Surpass version of AmEx?

Thanks.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
'Regular' Hilton Amex cards work too, for AXON.

http://www304.americanexpress.com/ge...Hilton-HHonors
Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:16 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
'Regular' Hilton Amex cards work too, for AXON.

http://www304.americanexpress.com/ge...Hilton-HHonors
Many thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by psyflyer
Does Axon7 still exist and wasn't it for 145k points? Reason Im asking is because on the amex surpass card application page has this written on it:
From the sticky thread:
as noted in the September 2011 thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ging-axon.html, some American Express websites list outdated AXON point costs (i.e., showing 6 as the top HHonors category).
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Sorry if this isn't the appropriate forum to ask this. Does the regular AmEx card allow for AXON rewards or only the Surpass version of AmEx?
Sticky thread:
Holders of the US-based Hilton American Express cards (both the regular and Surpass versions) enjoy extra benefits. In addition to receiving automatic elite status -- Gold for the Surpass card; Silver for the regular Amex -- and the corresponding VIP reward discount described above, cardholders also qualify for a separate class of discounted rewards (AXON).
Old Jul 27, 2012, 5:13 pm

Hi for AXON 4 night awards. I know the chart is based on 50K points standard awards. Can it be applied to Hotels where it's 80K points per night?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by miki79
Hi for AXON 4 night awards. I know the chart is based on 50K points standard awards. Can it be applied to Hotels where it's 80K points per night?
No. The AXON can only be used for Cat 5-7 hotels.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 12:40 pm

I need 6 nights at a category 7. Two of the nights (weekend) happen to be very inexpensive. I might book with cash for those nights, but also am trying to figure out the best option with points.

A straight VIP/GLON is 225k in a standard room. That's probably the most simple.

However, a premium award in a deluxe room for two of the six nights is 38k. That means I could book an AXON for 4 days at 145k and the other two nights in a deluxe/premium award at 72k, for a total of 217k points. But then I'm in different room types, I guess. Has anyone ever been able to talk them into booking into the lower category on the premium award? Or maybe I can just talk to the front desk? I'd love to save 8k points, but not at the expense of moving rooms.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
A straight VIP/GLON is 225k in a standard room. That's probably the most simple.

However, a premium award in a deluxe room for two of the six nights is 38k. That means I could book an AXON for 4 days at 145k and the other two nights in a deluxe/premium award at 72k, for a total of 217k points. [...] I'd love to save 8k points, but not at the expense of moving rooms.
2x38K=76K, so scenario #2 costs 221K, not 217K.

I'd take the GLON and avoid the hassle.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 1:46 pm

I need 6 nights at a category 7. Two of the nights (weekend) happen to be very inexpensive. I might book with cash for those nights, but also am trying to figure out the best option with points.

However, a premium award in a deluxe room for two of the six nights is 38k. That means I could book an AXON for 4 days at 145k and the other two nights in a deluxe/premium award at 72k, for a total of 217k points. But then I'm in different room types, I guess. Has anyone ever been able to talk them into booking into the lower category on the premium award? Or maybe I can just talk to the front desk? I'd love to save 8k points, but not at the expense of moving rooms.

2x38K=76K, so scenario #2 costs 221K, not 217K.

I'd take the GLON and avoid the hassle.
Prolly right. I need to book two rooms, so under my crummy math, it was 16k. For 8k, probably not worth it.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
If the 2 premium award nights are at the beginning of your stay, I'd do the premium+AXON comb on the off chance of the hotel letting you stay 6 nights at the premium room, worst case scenario, you have to request at check-in to downgrade the first 2 nights to lower level room to avoid room-switching.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.