Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by beltway
In the sticky thread in this forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16555294-post4.html
i am just curious since it seems Hilton's website does not have hotel category list and AXON info anymore..
thanks.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by sbbi
i am just curious since it seems Hilton's website does not have hotel category list and AXON info anymore..
thanks.
The Hilton website hasn't had much in the way of useful accurate AXON info for years, so the reduction in the last year didn't do much (except perhaps cause needless anxiety among HH members).

For info on hotel categories, including pointers to some mildly useful but outdated lists, see post #1 in the same sticky thread, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16555220-post1.html. Alas, here too Hilton itself is not much interested in making important info easily accessible to guests except on a property-by-property basis.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:24 pm

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
So I have a question...

Can you do the axon for two rooms for only two nights?! The logic being that you're paying for 4 nights via 2 rooms?
Anyone know?

Thanks!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by travelisfree
So I have a question...

Can you do the axon for two rooms for only two nights?! The logic being that you're paying for 4 nights via 2 rooms?
Anyone know?

Thanks!
No. There is no way to split an AXON award.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 2:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
This thread is very informative, thanks.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Friend just booked axon for next year and agent told her axon is going away 1/1/13 to be replaced with a different promo? Has anyone heard this or have info? They didn't mention to me when I booked an axon earlier this week.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by fligster
Friend just booked axon for next year and agent told her axon is going away 1/1/13 to be replaced with a different promo? Has anyone heard this or have info? They didn't mention to me when I booked an axon earlier this week.
Good grief Charlie Brown! I hope not....block-heads. That's the only reason I keep an AmEx in my wallet.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 6:22 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Good grief Charlie Brown! I hope not....block-heads. That's the only reason I keep an AmEx in my wallet.
Me, too!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 5:05 pm

They did not mention anything about AXON benefit in the Amex card package I received last month. Is this indication they are phasing it out or they always kept it a secret?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by presario1626
They did not mention anything about AXON benefit in the Amex card package I received last month. Is this indication they are phasing it out or they always kept it a secret?
There used to be a little booklet that detailed the benefits of having the Hilton AMEX (either version). I recall seeing the AXON benefit in there. It's not in the T&C though.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 7:34 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
In response to the last few posts I phoned HHonors yesterday & was first told that AXONs were ending on New Year's Eve. The rep said she remembered reading a memo from her bosses on this. Then she had doubts, so she put me on hold to check with her supervisor. When she came back to me, she said that what is ending are not the AXONs, but rather the separate points prices for All-Inclusive Resorts.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Brendan
When she came back to me, she said that what is ending are not the AXONs, but rather the separate points prices for All-Inclusive Resorts.
Interesting. Can someone elaborate on what this means? I'm confused. Is this a good or bad change?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by fligster
WT? Can anyone confirm this? I may have to book a couple of 2013 stays at risk if this is true.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
WT? Can anyone confirm this? I may have to book a couple of 2013 stays at risk if this is true.
Is there risk to booking 2013 stays? Is there a cancellation fee if you ultimately can't stay?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Is there risk to booking 2013 stays? Is there a cancellation fee if you ultimately can't stay?
No risk to booking. You lock in the AXON rate at current "prices".

No cancellation fee as long as you are within the hotel's cancellation deadline rules. If you are past the deadline, yes, there is a fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.