Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2011, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by travelexpert
Saw in a non-related HH thread that the AXON is ending in Feb 2012.

Is that accurate?
I just booked an AXON award for next summer in London and the supervisor that I spoke to never mentioned anything about ending the award -- although the 2 junior people that I had spoken to had never heard about it!!!

I think that the poster's confusion and his minimal post count which was solely confined to the subject thread where you read that, as well as his own doubts that he was speaking with a supervisor, point to this not being ended. Moreover, the discount is not very much over 4 nights at a Category 6 hotel.

If it is still listed as a benefit by AMEX, then I think that it is going nowhere.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Oh well, I tried ! Perhaps EmAAx could ask friends/ relatives if they wanna stay 1 night free. Or close his folio & make the subletting guest put his own credit card on the folio.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
If AXON goes, that seals the deal for me at Hilton. The last good reward going down the tubes.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by silver springer
I am the primary AMEX cardholder but my husband also has a card on this account and it varies slightly in the cardnumber. Right now he has more HH points in his account but the diamond desk made me take the points from my acct for the AXON as I am the primary card holder. Was this correct? Seems like he should be able to use an AXON award using his points too..
Is there any answer to the question?
Can an authorized user of Amex Hilton use AXON award with his/her own points?
Or must it be the primary cardholder?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by milaohu
Is there any answer to the question?
Can an authorized user of Amex Hilton use AXON award with his/her own points?
Or must it be the primary cardholder?
Who's HHonors account do the points from the Amex go to? That's whose account is used for the awards.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
Who's HHonors account do the points from the Amex go to? That's whose account is used for the awards.
I have transferred the AXON to family members several times. The points came from my account but they put the cert in my sisters name; I even received a stay credit and points for their miscellaneous room charges.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:06 am

Can I purchase the AXON7 with the no-fee AMEX Hilton, or just with the Surpass? And after the end of this month, is it really not going to be offered any more, as the post above says?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
I booked an AXON7 award this week for my trip to BOS in July. Went through no problems.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:53 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I think the idea AXON will end this month is a false alarm, personally. You may request an AXON award if you hold either AMEX card.

Originally Posted by kevinjrwagner
Can I purchase the AXON7 with the no-fee AMEX Hilton, or just with the Surpass? And after the end of this month, is it really not going to be offered any more, as the post above says?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:11 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
I think the idea AXON will end this month is a false alarm, personally. You may request an AXON award if you hold either AMEX card.
I'm not sure. It may be true. If you look at the benefits of both hhonors american express cards AXON7 is no longer listed. It says a category 6 costs 145,000 points. http://www304.americanexpress.com/ge...Hilton-HHonors
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: HHonors, Star Alliance
To followup on hcampana -

This is copied from the AE website.

We’d like to see you more, for less.
With your Hilton HHonorsTM Card from American Express, you can redeem for less. Receive 4 HHonors reward nights at Category 5 or 6 properties within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio worldwide at a special rate exclusively for Cardmembers.7

Call 1-800-920-5649 to redeem a four night stay:

Category 5 hotels — 125,000 HHonors bonus points (normally 140,000). Mention promo code AXON5.
Category 6 hotels — 145,000 HHonors bonus points (normally 160,000). Mention promo code AXON6.

Currently, the Cat 6 is 125 for 4 nights, and the Cat 7 is 145 for 4 nights.

Not sure if it is a typo, if I get time I will call AE and report back.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by goosebump
To followup on hcampana -

This is copied from the AE website.

We’d like to see you more, for less.
With your Hilton HHonorsTM Card from American Express, you can redeem for less. Receive 4 HHonors reward nights at Category 5 or 6 properties within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio worldwide at a special rate exclusively for Cardmembers.7

Call 1-800-920-5649 to redeem a four night stay:

Category 5 hotels — 125,000 HHonors bonus points (normally 140,000). Mention promo code AXON5.
Category 6 hotels — 145,000 HHonors bonus points (normally 160,000). Mention promo code AXON6.

Currently, the Cat 6 is 125 for 4 nights, and the Cat 7 is 145 for 4 nights.

Not sure if it is a typo, if I get time I will call AE and report back.
I don't think it is a typo, because in the little number fine print, it tells you that the regular points per night is from 7500 to Cat 6 40000 pt. It seems to have no mention of Cat 7 at all. Maybe they are going to discontinue AXON7.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by hcampana
I'm not sure. It may be true. If you look at the benefits of both hhonors american express cards AXON7 is no longer listed. It says a category 6 costs 145,000 points. http://www304.americanexpress.com/ge...Hilton-HHonors
Originally Posted by Need
I don't think it is a typo, because in the little number fine print, it tells you that the regular points per night is from 7500 to Cat 6 40000 pt. It seems to have no mention of Cat 7 at all. Maybe they are going to discontinue AXON7.
Per the sticky FAQ, this is a false alarm:
Originally Posted by beltway
as noted in the September 2011 thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ging-axon.html, some American Express websites list outdated AXON point costs (i.e., showing 6 as the top HHonors category).
This is old (now incorrect) info, not evidence of some new devaluation.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:36 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beltway
Per the sticky FAQ, this is a false alarm:

This is old (now incorrect) info, not evidence of some new devaluation.
Thank you for clarifying! Sorry for the out-of-date info.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond,
Booked AXON7 Award tonight: 4 nights 145k points. Still fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.