Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:10 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by haftl31
Hadn't heard of the AXON reward, so thanks for this thread. For a nine night stay, still seems like VIP is better. 337.5 vs 340 (145*2+50). Anything I'm missing? thanks again
Your math is right.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 9:46 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
The AXON reward is designed for 4-night stays, while the GLONs are designed for >= 6-nighters. A few years ago the GLONs came only in 6-night increments (no 7s, 8s, etc.) so 2 AXONs were cheaper for an 8-nighter than a GLON + 2 regular night awards.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 12:05 pm

Help needed please!

I found this thread by sheer luck - and need all the experts' help... My husband is a Gold Honors member and we have the Hilton Amex Gold cards. We are looking to book 5 nights at the Rome Cavalieri in October, and the website says it will be 300,000 points because it is a high season award and a Waldorf Astoria property... Can we use one of these AXON codes or VIP codes to have it cost less points? I don't care about having to do one for 4 nights and one for 1 night, that is not a problem... just don't know how to go about making the reservation... Any help would really be appreciated! Thanks and happy new year to all!
Old Jan 1, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by puppymama1
I found this thread by sheer luck - and need all the experts' help... My husband is a Gold Honors member and we have the Hilton Amex Gold cards. We are looking to book 5 nights at the Rome Cavalieri in October, and the website says it will be 300,000 points because it is a high season award and a Waldorf Astoria property... Can we use one of these AXON codes or VIP codes to have it cost less points? I don't care about having to do one for 4 nights and one for 1 night, that is not a problem... just don't know how to go about making the reservation... Any help would really be appreciated! Thanks and happy new year to all!
Unfortunately, AXON CANNOT be used for W-A hotels. They are ONLY for Cat 5-7 hotels. The VIP awards are good only up to Cat 7 hotels. You have to consult the W-A tables for any savings which it seems you already have.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I just completed an AXON reward stay. The funny thing was they didn't ask for my certificate at check-in and when I mentioned it at check-out they said they had all the info they needed. This is the first time that I haven't been asked to produce a copy of the reward cert. Anybody else experience this before?
Old Jan 3, 2011, 8:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
I just completed an AXON reward stay. The funny thing was they didn't ask for my certificate at check-in and when I mentioned it at check-out they said they had all the info they needed. This is the first time that I haven't been asked to produce a copy of the reward cert. Anybody else experience this before?
Happened to me last year on two AXON award stays. I think it happens when there is a Diamond force on an otherwise unavailable award reservation.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Jeeves
I have been asked for certs very infrequently over the last few years. As long as they can see the reward id, the hotels seem fine with the online process. iirc, it used to be the case that hotels had to send the physical certs for reimbursement. Perhaps HHonors/Hilton has changed its accounting processes.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 9:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by stanj
Happened to me last year on two AXON award stays. I think it happens when there is a Diamond force on an otherwise unavailable award reservation.
I think my reservation was possibly a diamond force. I believe the reservation had the description "Diamond Redemption".
Old Jan 10, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, CO Plat, UA 1P, FB Plat, Marriott PLT, PC Plat, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Nat'l Exec
Just booked one for the Hilton Arc de Triomphe - a Cat 7 hotel. At 50,000 points/night, this save me 55,000 points (200k vs 145k per stay). What a deal!

Last edited by clevername; Jan 12, 2011 at 11:48 am
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Hmmm, good points on the certs, never been asked for a reward cert on Axons either...
Old Jan 16, 2011, 12:41 pm

Just re-booked 4 nights in Hawaii. I was originally booked with the VIP Rewards code (HV704 I think?) which allowed me to redeem 4 nights for 170K pts instead of 200K. I had to cancel and re-book with the AXON code and was able to save an additional 25K pts. Awesome! ^
Old Jan 19, 2011, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan
The AXON reward is designed for 4-night stays, while the GLONs are designed for >= 6-nighters. A few years ago the GLONs came only in 6-night increments (no 7s, 8s, etc.) so 2 AXONs were cheaper for an 8-nighter than a GLON + 2 regular night awards.
OK, so to understand - a GLON-6 night redemption at Cat. 7 is now cheaper than an AXON-4 nigth redemption? Or is my math off, lol?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Ritz, you're close. Now a GLON for 6 nights Cat. 7 = 225K vs. (145K for an AXON7 + 2 single nights @ 50K) = 245K for the same 6-nighter.

In/before 2009: 2 AXONs @125K = 250K for 8 nights, old Cat. 6 which = new Cat. 7;
vs. 1 GLONP2 @175K + 2 single nights @40K = 255K for 8 nights.

8 nights PRESENTLY: 2 AXON7s @145K = 290K vs. 1 GLON708 = 300K.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Originally Posted by clevername
Just booked one for the Hilton Arc de Triomphe - a Cat 7 hotel. At 50,000 points/night, this save me 55,000 points (200k vs 145k per stay). What a deal!
One of my favorite hotels even if I feel the location leaves a little to be desired.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 6:45 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Where is the best place to find the redemption grid for both AXON and GLON?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.