Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2011, 3:01 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by doanything4pts
I have a regular AmEx HHonors credit card. I am HHonors Gold VIP. Do I simply call the regular HHonors number on the back of my card and say I want to book an AXON reward stay?? This whole thing is confusing, even after reading the very insightful comments here!!! Thanks everyone.
You would call the HHonors customer service line and ask to book an AXON award.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by doanything4pts
I have a regular AmEx HHonors credit card. I am HHonors Gold VIP. Do I simply call the regular HHonors number on the back of my card and say I want to book an AXON reward stay?? This whole thing is confusing, even after reading the very insightful comments here!!! Thanks everyone.
Yes, call and tell them you want to pay using an AXON award code associated with the HH card. The agents should know what to do.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriot, Alaska Air, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors Diamond, British Airways
duplicate
Old Apr 11, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriot, Alaska Air, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors Diamond, British Airways
I am new to HHonors and a new Surpass card member.

I am searching for the most economical way to use points for a 6 night stay in New Orleans for Mardi Gras in 2012. Actual dates 2/17 to 2/23.

Here is what I get when searching:

Waldorf Astoria
Points (6 nights x 37,500) : 225,000
Room Subtotal: 225,000 points
WLDRF HIGH SEASN RWD

Is this a VIP rate or Axon rate or???
Old Apr 11, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dqdude
I am new to HHonors and a new Surpass card member.

I am searching for the most economical way to use points for a 6 night stay in New Orleans for Mardi Gras in 2012. Actual dates 2/17 to 2/23.

Here is what I get when searching:

Waldorf Astoria
Points (6 nights x 37,500) : 225,000
Room Subtotal: 225,000 points
WLDRF HIGH SEASN RWD

Is this a VIP rate or Axon rate or???
That sounds like the VIP rate, I don't believe you can see the AXON online...

sdcarver
Old Apr 11, 2011, 4:23 pm

Is the AXON rate that much less than the VIP rate?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 4:29 pm

Is the AXON rate that much less than the VIP rate?
4 Nights at a Category 7 with VIP is 170,000 where an AXON would be 145,000 Points.

Once you get above 4 nights the VIP works out better most of the time...

sdcarver
Old Apr 11, 2011, 4:42 pm

Is there a AXON chart at HHonors that I missed?

Originally Posted by sdcarver
4 Nights at a Category 7 with VIP is 170,000 where an AXON would be 145,000 Points.

Once you get above 4 nights the VIP works out better most of the time...

sdcarver
Old Apr 11, 2011, 5:27 pm

Nothing on AXON from the Hilton Site but I got thsi from the American Express Site

http://www201.americanexpress.com/ge...Honors-Surpass

We’d like to see you more, for less.
With your Hilton HHonors Surpass Card, you can redeem for less. Receive 4 HHonors reward nights at categories 5 or 6 Hilton Family hotels worldwide at a special rate exclusively for Cardmembers.13

Call 1-800-920-5649 to redeem a four night stay:

Category 5 hotels — 125,000 HHonors bonus points (normally 140,000). Mention promo code AXON5.
Category 6 hotels — 145,000 HHonors bonus points (normally 160,000). Mention promo code AXON6.

In December I made an AXON6 award for a category 7 hotel for 145,000 points--I am not sure if this is still apllicable noticing the wording "Category 6 Hotel" on AMEX site

sdcarver

Last edited by sdcarver; Apr 11, 2011 at 5:57 pm Reason: new information
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The site is not very up to date on Cat 5 and 6 properties.

I just bagged a AXON7N (4 NIGHTS AMEX CREDIT CARD OFFER) for 145,000 points at the Hilton Arc de Triomphe (four nights, of course - c'est un AXON).
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
There is no AXON chart. Only AXON6 for 125K and AXON7 for 145K.
Old May 5, 2011, 8:13 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
It is exclusive to the HHonors-branded Amex card.
So, I think that 4 nights at a cat 7 will cost me 160k points with a VIP award, and 145k points with an AXON. ^
But living in the UK I can't get an HH Amex

Would it be possible for a US-based member with an HH Amex to book me an AXON award using their points, and for me to then book appropriate awards for them (presumably one-nighters where there is no reduction for AXON) using say 150k of my points ?

This is genuinely a theoretical question - if the answer is yes, then I'll ask the same question in CC when I have firmed up plans.
Old May 5, 2011, 9:38 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Would it be possible for a US-based member with an HH Amex to book me an AXON award using their points, and for me to then book appropriate awards for them (presumably one-nighters where there is no reduction for AXON) using say 150k of my points ?

This is genuinely a theoretical question - if the answer is yes, then I'll ask the same question in CC when I have firmed up plans.
answer is yes only issue as I see it would the partner feel that they were getting value for 150k of one-nighter/non-Axon/Glon awards. I'm sure there would be examples where a trader would see value but I would think it would be a rare circumstance, but value is in the eye of the beholder.
Old May 5, 2011, 9:46 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
answer is yes only issue as I see it would the partner feel that they were getting value for 150k of one-nighter/non-Axon/Glon awards. I'm sure there would be examples where a trader would see value but I would think it would be a rare circumstance, but value is in the eye of the beholder.
Sweet Willie
Actually on reflection I don't think that the 15k point saving is really worthwhile for the hassle for either party, and certainly not if you have to split it, as you point out.
Thanks for letting me know that it is possible, anyway.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
back to back AXON awards

When I called last night to modify my award reservations, the CSR mentioned that one cannot redeem back to back AXON awards, i.e. 2 consecutive AXON awards at the same property. Does anyone have any insight into as whether his claim is true or false?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.