Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Auckland {NZL}

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2007, 8:41 pm

Any recent experiences?
...we could not resist the UA $1480 fare deal and will probably wind up at this hotel for a few days in December.
Old May 10, 2007, 11:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Alas, current finances didn't allow me to take advantage of the AKL deal but if I had, I'd stay at the Hilton. Really enjoyed my time there. Cheers.
Old May 10, 2007, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by BumpMe!
Any recent experiences?
We had a very nice stay on points in March. My only complaint was room service -- it came on time but was cold and not very good. Otherwise it's a very attractive hotel with extensive views of the harbor. We were upgraded to a view room that was otherwise identical to a standard room. The bed was comfy and the bathroom included a glass-stall shower plus separate tub.
Old May 12, 2007, 12:42 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
When I was there in '04 I asked if it stopped at the Hilton (was told yes) & was dropped on (presumably Quay street) & had to struggle w/ luggage down Quay & then down the dock. It was long & painful!
just how long is the Quay ? 100, 200 meters ? more ?

--
Old May 12, 2007, 6:53 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It might be 100 - 200 meters down the quay.

By the way, for a nice outside seafood meal, try Harbourside Restaurant on Quay Street.
Old May 13, 2007, 9:28 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
just how long is the Quay ? 100, 200 meters ? more ?

--
To clarify. The airbus stop is on Quay Street, just west of Albert Street intersection. It is (almost) one block down to Princess Wharf, then maybe 100m along the wharf (hotel is at the seaward end).
Old May 13, 2007, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
To clarify. The airbus stop is on Quay Street, just west of Albert Street intersection. It is (almost) one block down to Princess Wharf, then maybe 100m along the wharf (hotel is at the seaward end).
Using Google maps this link (Auckland Hilton) is to an overhead view of the hotel building. The actual hotel is on the Right Hand (or east) side of the pier; the similar building on the left hand houses offices and apartments. The hotel main entrance is almost directly in the centre of the image, between the two buildings.

In relation to how long the pier is, if you look at this Google Maps link you can see the Hotel at the top centre of the image. The bus stop kiwi Flyer refers to is on 'Quay St.' to the right between the reddish roofed building (ferry terminal) and is halfway along the darkish building across the road.

Going by the scale on the bottom left, the Hotel is about 350 yards from the bus stop.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 6:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoveries, HH Gold, SPG Gold, A-Club Silver, IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz PC
I am planning to go to Auckland during July-August. Just wondering how much is the average price of Hilton Auckland. I did a search and the prices were shocking (NZD 400++). On the other hand, Hyatt Auckland was only NZD$160. What was the most did you guys paid for a standard room.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 9:43 am

Programs: UA 1K_MM, AA EX_PLT Hyatt/Hilton Dia, Mar Gold, IHG PLT, Amtrak S++, Hertz 5Star, Avis First
Don't know. Always used points. It's a very nice hotel, and the location is exellent. However, I do not see it being a NZD 400++ hotel. Maybe it's just me.

Maybe this has to do with all the people flying the cheap business class tickets on UA to AKL. But then again, why would Hyatt still have good rates?

Does anyone have any updates on recent stays, and Diamond/Gold benefits? Otherwise, I'll post one in July.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 7:36 am

Programs: UA 1K_MM, AA EX_PLT Hyatt/Hilton Dia, Mar Gold, IHG PLT, Amtrak S++, Hertz 5Star, Avis First
Something is very strange with this hotel. I have the reservation changed on me for the second time. It's a good thing I logged in and saw it.

1 award non-smoking room became two award smoking rooms. And my address on file record is wrong. Go figure!

Diamond Desk corrected it...
Old Jun 19, 2007, 10:12 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
So what the h** is a PMS rate

My 2 nite award stay now shows as a 2 nite PMS stay at $63NZD per nite all in
Old Jun 19, 2007, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by jan_az
My 2 nite award stay now shows as a 2 nite PMS stay at $63NZD per nite all in
That is most likely what the hotel will get reimbursed from Hilton for your award stay.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by karenalexislee
On the other hand, Hyatt Auckland was only NZD$160. What was the most did you guys paid for a standard room.
I believe that the Hyatt still goes for only 5K Hyatt GP points. One of the best places to burn Hyatt points if you happen to have them IMHO.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 7:25 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Its been a while since I've seen Auckland Hilton below NZ$300 a night (other than limited time specials). BTW the rate should include all taxes (NZ law), no +++ (except for usual extras like parking).
Old Jun 19, 2007, 11:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Starwood Plat
Hilton Auckland

Just completed a stay at the Hilton Auckland on 6/15/07.....I m just a HH Gold as of now, but was upgraded to a harbour view with great views. can't beat the location, central to everything...architecture is impressive, even if you don't like it. Lap pool is worth a picture.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.