Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Auckland {NZL}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Can someone tell me the hours for breakfast on a Sunday? Thanks!
Old May 11, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
even as a Diamond, more than NZD 300 a night is too much for this hotel

it is nice but it just lacks polish and I see no benefit to being out on the end of a wharf
Old May 11, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by #1son
even as a Diamond, more than NZD 300 a night is too much for this hotel

it is nice but it just lacks polish and I see no benefit to being out on the end of a wharf
It charges what it can because of the location. There are plenty of better hotels in Auckland for less $$
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:26 pm

Programs: HH: Diamond, WofH: Globalist, UA: 1k, Longterm member only post when I have something new to ask/say
Trying to make a reservation here for 25-28 Feb. I'm getting the website telling me every single room is booked for the next four months. Is this an error? Is the hotel this good? Not even Diamond Force is working.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 12:36 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by yaromac
Trying to make a reservation here for 25-28 Feb. I'm getting the website telling me every single room is booked for the next four months. Is this an error? Is the hotel this good? Not even Diamond Force is working.
I’m booked in there on 25 February for five nights on points. I already booked back in June 2019. And have noticed, too, that the hotel seems to be rather full at this time of the year.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 12:46 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Again. Just before Sydney Mardi Gras, Cruise Ship Season and Summer mean they Hilton runs at 100%.

You might find cancellations if people give into nCov hysteria and choose not to travel so I would keep checking.
yaromac likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 2:13 am

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by yaromac
Just tried and there is availability. I find issues sunday night (sunday morning for some) which is when I think Hilton may do their website maintenance.
:D! likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:13 am

February and March are peak tourism seasons in NZ, and November is also incredibly busy in Auckland for domestic travel. During these months many hotels in Auckland are at peak occupancy (and price!).

Having said that things have very quickly quietened down in parts of the country in recent weeks due to the travel bans.
yaromac likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
I am booked there on points for 60k / night March 6-8 (two nights). Seems like a great location and a very nice hotel. Looking forward to the stay...a bit high in terms of points, but better than the almost US$400 they wanted / night!
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by divrdrew
I am booked there on points for 60k / night March 6-8 (two nights). Seems like a great location and a very nice hotel. Looking forward to the stay...a bit high in terms of points, but better than the almost US$400 they wanted / night!
That's a redemption value of about .67 cents, which is extremely good. Most often I see values around .2-.3 cents.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 7:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by anabolism
That's a redemption value of about .67 cents, which is extremely good. Most often I see values around .2-.3 cents.
Best redemption value I had was at the Hilton Tel Aviv last December...3 nights at 80k each for a US$1100 corner suite! Not bad.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by divrdrew
Current rates are just over US$300 per night - and I'd expect that to drop leading up to the date. Despite Feb/March being super busy normally the impact of all the travel bans has been immediate and brutal. Many hotels that would normally be full at this time of year have literally lost up to 50% of bookings in tourist areas virtually overnight.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sbiddle
February and March are peak tourism seasons in NZ, and November is also incredibly busy in Auckland for domestic travel. During these months many hotels in Auckland are at peak occupancy (and price!).

Having said that things have very quickly quietened down in parts of the country in recent weeks due to the travel bans.
As COVID-19 cases # outside of China are on the rise, I think more "travel bans" will be in effect. Hard to even speculate!
Old Feb 28, 2020, 2:09 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
This hotel always amuses me with pricing.

Decided to look at a one night stay in mid July. Dead of winter

Cheapest rate, $350NZD (AAA) Rate

edit: scrolling through May through July, it seems they just peg their rate at $350, consistently
Old Feb 28, 2020, 4:48 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Five nights on points

Here right now for five nights on points (240'000 in total).
No pre-upgrade, however, the competent and efficient front desk agent searched and found an upgraded room (508). This is a one-category upgrade to a deluxe king harbor view room. In my view this is the most critical step because it put me from my room 501 (street view) to unblocked harbor view. I was more than happy. However, room 509 and 506 have pillars restricting their views and probably also their use of balcony.
Check-in was very welcoming. A door man greeted us and took care of our luggage and rental car which I was to return the same hour. Since our room was ready at 12:30 our luggage was brought up immediately and we could leave for returning the rental car. Our car was waiting just next to the hotel entrance.
We received a drink voucher for each day so that we frequented the Bellini bar for a pre-dinner drink. There is a separate list to chose from and we thought the list is quite generous. Staff were absolutely keen on clearing glasses as soon as we finished. We encountered this rather throughout New Zealand during our four weeks of traveling. But at the Bellini they were top in doing so.
We have a spacious room and bath room, well lit. A large fridge and a nespresso coffeemaker. Four capsules are provided each morning plus in the evening by turn-down service. Turn-down service includes fresh towels if needed, 2 smaller bottles of mineral water and 2 of those Belgian chocolates that we found in Christchurch, Wellington and Taupo as well.
The first night we had dinner at the hotel restaurant FISH. Substantially very good food in somewhat unusual combinations and very professional and warm service. There was a hick-up with the wine and we only found out later when half the bottle was already finished: it was a different grape and we should have realized from the very beginning. We spoke to the waiter who profusely apologized. When paying he said the the bottle was taken from the bill but a bottle the originally ordered wine would be sent to our room. I considered this a bit too much because the fault was on our side as well. However, the waiter insisted as he had already clarified this with the restaurant manager.
Breakfast is fine. Only the variety of bread is a bit small. Service is very attentive and most friendly. Housekeeping does a good job, the hotel is well maintained and I wish many more Hilton hotels would be like this. Albeit not at the prices they demand :-)
This time we will take advantage of the hotel's location when going on board. It is a short walk, however hampered by the many road constructions at Quay street and throughout the lower downtown area. When leaving the hotel area to the right there is a new quarter which hasn't been there six years ago. An area with many restaurants and many, many people. We went to Oysters & Chops twice and were very happy. Only yesterday we discovered the much more tranquil district of Parnell street with several attractive dining options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.