Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Auckland {NZL}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I would edit out your name and email address in the above photos...
My email isn't showing? I'm not phased about my name! Got nothing to hide.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by CHCflyer
I stayed there two weeks ago after avoiding their extremely high prices for a couple of years and de-camping to the Pullman. I needed to be near an event at the Hilton and the rates were about $300. I was upgrade to a harbour-facing room minus cruise ship. I have had the alleyway-facing rooms before and they are decidedly mediocre and dark and don't feel private at all.
Two drinks vouchers for Bellini's and a very acceptable breakfast, too.
However, there seems to be no relief from the rise of the collective AKL hotel price-gouging. And a room tax by AKL City Council can only add to this upward pressure. At $500+/night most properties feel poor value including the Hilton. The shock decline in Chinese visitors may press hoteliers to rethink some of their more excessive pricing policies.
I think it's based on there being a complete lack of decent hotels in good locations around the city. The Langham is always reasonably priced but is showing its age - but it's also in the southern part of the core and not within walking distance (and walking back uphill is a pain).
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
The real issue in Auckland is a total lack of accommodation at times. NZ is seeing huge increases in tourist numbers which are affecting Auckland.

There are also other factors having a significant impact on hotels - including the requirement for another couple of hundred mid to high end rooms just to meet the cabin crew requirements of all the additional flights and airlines now flying into Auckland.

We can all complain about prices but it's like the Hilton in Sydney - it can charge what it likes because occupancy levels are incredibly high.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:16 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
The rates seem to have come right down since I last looked - so I made a booking

But I noticed that a room for 2 people costs NZ$20 more than the same room for 1 person

Never needed to do this before, so will I have a problem invoking "spouse stays free"?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL

Upgraded to a “deluxe” harbour view room, though it seemed quite standard apart from the view and balcony. On the day of checkout I had to leave before breakfast started but they were nice enough to give me a breakfast box to go, which had some pastries, fruit, a sandwich and juice. Really nice touch.

Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Hi all, any recent experiences at the Hilton Auckland as a HHonors Gold?
I see there is no lounge. Is it still a standard room with a slight upgrade, some drink ticket(s), and "continental breakfast"-- does that mean there is an upcharge for hot breakfast?
Any details are appreciated.
Thanks
Old Jul 1, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Self bump......
I did end up booking the hotel, as it was on "sale" for NZ$240. Paid that for the first night (which was showing 51,000 HHonors points for that night).
Second night was showing the exact same cash price (NZ$240), but only 38,000 HHonors points. So I booked the second night on points.
Slightly more than the Crowne Plaza, where I stayed in April and liked but it didn't feel memorable. Hilton looks like it has a great location. I'll do a review after my stay as a Gold. AFAIK there is no lounge.

Originally Posted by kyushuman
Hi all, any recent experiences at the Hilton Auckland as a HHonors Gold?
I see there is no lounge. Is it still a standard room with a slight upgrade, some drink ticket(s), and "continental breakfast"-- does that mean there is an upcharge for hot breakfast?
Any details are appreciated.
Thanks
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:13 am

You'll get the full breakfast but you need to pay extra for non-instant coffee.

I think NZ$240 is a very good price.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
$240NZ isn’t bad, but was 20-30 a night cheaper during a recent sale. I had looked at booking this location at the begining of the year for July, but the rates and points were much higher. Ended up booking an apartment in the same wharf.

I stayed here on the UA C Fare Jumbo in 2007 or so. Decent rooms, but I recall a cruise ship blocked much of my view.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Anyone had any experience/ luck here with an extra bed- can you fit an extra bed into a standard room?

On contacting the hotel so far, they have said I will need to book a deluxe harbour view room at least, and it will be $60 extra night for the bed- all in all making for quite a pricey stay.

Or any other recommendations for 2 adults and 1 child?

I have so far only talked to the night auditor by email, time zones, and to be fair fast replies, but this works out about £210 per night.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:47 pm

Quick update-- was upgraded the day before checkin from a standard King to a Deluxe King Harbor View-- and was able to check in online and got a room at the end of the hallway. I like that just for quiet. Little did I know I'd chosen a stunning, all-windows, corner room! Gorgeous. And a nice balcony with a table and chairs. Absolutely great.
As a Gold, I got 2 drink tickets per day for the bar, since there is no lounge. Also, breakfast, while definitely not bad, isn't extensive-- but IS very nice with stunning harbor and sunrise views. The only upcharges were for barista coffee ($5 per cup) and eggs to order (($10). There are scrambled eggs on the buffet so not an issue.
Totally happy with my stay!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Quick update-- was upgraded the day before checkin from a standard King to a Deluxe King Harbor View-- and was able to check in online and got a room at the end of the hallway. I like that just for quiet. Little did I know I'd chosen a stunning, all-windows, corner room! Gorgeous. And a nice balcony with a table and chairs. Absolutely great.
As a Gold, I got 2 drink tickets per day for the bar, since there is no lounge. Also, breakfast, while definitely not bad, isn't extensive-- but IS very nice with stunning harbor and sunrise views. The only upcharges were for barista coffee ($5 per cup) and eggs to order (($10). There are scrambled eggs on the buffet so not an issue.
Totally happy with my stay!
Glad it worked out well. We would have stayed there, if the rates hadn’t been so high when looking initially.

We were next door yesterday, in a rented apartment. Auckland is a bit chilly, but I really enjoyed our 5 days there. We’re at the Hilton Sydney now.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:11 am

OK I guess it is the middle of winter now... In summer I paid NZ$370 and that was the lowest it was going to go, we did get a slight upgrade but no chance of anything else, not when others were paying 600+

Sitting in the outdoor terrace for breakfast was still a bit chilly (but I was in shorts)
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:43 am

Awesome! Here at the moment as well. Nice views, chilly weather. Decent walk to what seemed to be the main tourist street of Queens. Good walk to Brittomart station as well if looking to go out a bit.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Just stayed there for three nights. Arrived just after midnight - luggage collected from taxi and quickly checked in. All Diamond benefits explained - upgraded to Deluxe Harbour view, drinks vouchers, etc. Very nice room and quiet. Great views even though the weather was awful for our stay.

Breakfast was very good and staff were very friendly and attentive. As Diamonds the manager offered us barrista coffees which was a nice touch. Had room service one day - food was great and not expensive.

Bellini bar was nice and we were very well looked after by the very friendly and chatty staff.

Not a cheap place to stay but prices seem to be high across the board here. One point we got a taxi from the hotel and it was significantly more expensive then the one we took from the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.