Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Auckland {NZL}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:57 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Anyone paying these rates better be sure there are no cruise ships docking next to your room. We cancelled upcoming stays for this reason. It is not a pretty sight.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:07 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hedoman
Anyone paying these rates better be sure there are no cruise ships docking next to your room. We cancelled upcoming stays for this reason. It is not a pretty sight.
I can't remember when there wasn't a cruise ship next to the rooms pretty rare!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I can't remember when there wasn't a cruise ship next to the rooms pretty rare!
No cruise ship in the harbor when we stayed at the Hilton Auckland mid-July. I guess it's too cold for cruising NZ.

This hotel is a good use of cash and points. The non-refundable rate was ~NZ$300, way too expensive compared to the AUS$169 rate I paid for Sheraton on the Park in Sydney with a great Lounge.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Planning a March 2016 trip so have plenty of time; has this property offered points/miles lately? We plan on staying 5 nights here then 5 nights in Queenstown and I see the Hilton is 60k.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:26 pm

Programs: LH SEN LT , Hilton
2 ngts stay , used the new app check-in & was upgraded to king harbour view from std room.
As mentioned in previous posts received the free drinks , full breakfast etc with the letter from the GM.
As our 1st time in NZ , have to say we enjoyed the city & the room with the view was excellent with good size bathroom & the breakfast offering was very good.
Had no issue with service & find the staff very accommodating in booking restaurants etc.
Yes its expensive but having seen the locations of other hotels it was worth it to enjoy the whole atmosphere.
If we every return to NZ , would not hesitate to stay again.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:13 pm

Anyone stayed at this property recently? Looking to stay around end of May. The pay rate is ~$160 a night.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
$160 a night is an amazing rate for this hotel

I wouldn't hesitate
Old May 4, 2016, 10:36 pm

Booked a king harbour deluxe as a diamond. No upgrade to deluxe plus or bow suite (hotel sold out most nights so understandable).

FISH is under construction so breakfast is in a makeshift area. Very sizable and varied fresh offerings. A little slow to replenish but they'll get you anything you want and it's very well staffed.

2 drink tickets per night from the HHonors menu at Bellini, but they're very liberal with the times you can use it. Also asked if they'd allow me to use 2 certificates for 1 specialty cocktail and there were no problems. Great, relaxing setting and wonderful bar staff.

Late checkout given as Diamond.

Excellent wifi.

Room is pretty standard, no wow factor except the view. Great to sit out on the balcony and drink a glass of NZ red.

Concierge staffed 24/7 and very helpful and friendly (except for one who constantly had a scowl on his face).

All around great staff from Michael in the bar to Pati at concierge to Fred at the door. Very welcoming to all guests and genuinely interested in their guests.

Now... for the one problem.

I e-mailed the hotel about the FISH construction and they assured me I'd be placed as far away from that as possible. Well I didn't get any noise from that construction. BUT, the front desk manager forgot heavy construction was starting earlier than expected on the Presidential Suite next door (they're changing it in to 2 rooms). So imagine nothing but hammering, drilling, power sawing and people banging the door coming in and out. This got worse by the day. I complained about it on my next to last day. The front desk manager completely apologized and recognized it was their fault and offered a night free which I politely declined. He said he wanted to do something so I said if he wanted to throw some points in my account, that would be more than fine. The room really shouldn't have been rented and I didn't get any push back on it because they knew how bad it was.

Score: 8.5/10 (1 point deducted for being placed next to construction, but otherwise a near flawless stay)
Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:27 pm

I stayed here in late May booked in a King Guestroom as a Diamond. Arrived at 7am to check in and the room wasn't ready yet(expected). I asked what room is it and they said they've upgraded me to a bow suite!

It was day 1 of the re-opening of FISH restaurant so I went for breakfast while my room was getting prepared. The breakfast buffet had a lot offerings and was very good! It was early and each staff came up to me and asked about my morning and described the opening of the restaurant. Even the executive chef came out to say hello and asked about the food.

At roughly 9am, the room was ready. The room itself is "small" to my standards of a suite. However, the balcony with the harbour view more than makes up for the lack of space. Literally, half the room was surrounded by windows and each curtain/shade was controlled electronically.

Every staff I've interacted were very friendly. They even offered me "to-go" pastries when I checked out!

I will definitely stay here again!
Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
Thanks so much for your review, emofeng! We have a stay here next month.... and our flight arrives at 06:30 - - so I was wondering the exact same thing about how they treat very early arrivals. (Also a HH Diamond.)
Old Jun 15, 2016, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Booked a king harbour deluxe as a diamond. No upgrade to deluxe plus or bow suite (hotel sold out most nights so understandable).

FISH is under construction so breakfast is in a makeshift area. Very sizable and varied fresh offerings. A little slow to replenish but they'll get you anything you want and it's very well staffed.

2 drink tickets per night from the HHonors menu at Bellini, but they're very liberal with the times you can use it. Also asked if they'd allow me to use 2 certificates for 1 specialty cocktail and there were no problems. Great, relaxing setting and wonderful bar staff.

Late checkout given as Diamond.

Excellent wifi.

Room is pretty standard, no wow factor except the view. Great to sit out on the balcony and drink a glass of NZ red.

Concierge staffed 24/7 and very helpful and friendly (except for one who constantly had a scowl on his face).

All around great staff from Michael in the bar to Pati at concierge to Fred at the door. Very welcoming to all guests and genuinely interested in their guests.

Now... for the one problem.

I e-mailed the hotel about the FISH construction and they assured me I'd be placed as far away from that as possible. Well I didn't get any noise from that construction. BUT, the front desk manager forgot heavy construction was starting earlier than expected on the Presidential Suite next door (they're changing it in to 2 rooms). So imagine nothing but hammering, drilling, power sawing and people banging the door coming in and out. This got worse by the day. I complained about it on my next to last day. The front desk manager completely apologized and recognized it was their fault and offered a night free which I politely declined. He said he wanted to do something so I said if he wanted to throw some points in my account, that would be more than fine. The room really shouldn't have been rented and I didn't get any push back on it because they knew how bad it was.

Score: 8.5/10 (1 point deducted for being placed next to construction, but otherwise a near flawless stay)
You must have stayed right next door to me, or even in the same room on a different day. I was also right by the suite under construction. I think I was in 701.

Only good thing was that we were out of the room before it started each day and weren't bothered. Looooooved the balcony.

Staff was so friendly. Even had a great pizza at the bar one night while enjoying the drinks. Breakfast was lovely. Great fruit selection.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by MissJ
You must have stayed right next door to me, or even in the same room on a different day. I was also right by the suite under construction. I think I was in 701.

Only good thing was that we were out of the room before it started each day and weren't bothered. Looooooved the balcony.

Staff was so friendly. Even had a great pizza at the bar one night while enjoying the drinks. Breakfast was lovely. Great fruit selection.
Yes! Floor 7
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, Hyatt - Platinum
I stayed here at the end of May right after Fish reopened. I didn't get an upgraded room, but I was able to check in very early (about 8am) after getting in from a flight from the US so that was much more important to me than an upgrade. The view from my room was spectacular. I thought the breakfast was great and the staff was really nice. I didn't love walking out the pier to the hotel after dark (female traveling solo) - I'm sure in summer there are way more people around, but in the middle of winter, it was pretty deserted. Overall, it was a nice hotel and being able to check in really early was fantastic.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Stayed at the Hilton Auckland for four nights a week and a half ago. Originally booked a twin hilton guestroom and got upgraded to a twin deluxe harbour view room. Very close to restaurants, shopping, and possibly anywhere you want to be in and around the CBD. The service was very good here. The concierge was helpful in recommending and booking restaurants and tours for us and the food in FISH was also good albeit a bit pricey. I love Auckland and NZ and I'd probably stay here during future visits until the Park Hyatt opens up.

Old Aug 3, 2016, 6:36 am

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
I just completed two four-night stays at this property. Overall, great location.

Early check-in was not available either visit, however the first trip took my number to contact me when a room was available. The second time I waited in the (lobby) lounge until my room was ready.

I was upgraded to a corner (x05), harbour facing room the first trip that provided a wonderful view of the city and active port. Upgrades were not available for the second visit, but was offered a decent bottle of wine as a consolation prize. While the second room was not an upgrade, it was still harbour-view (x21). Rooms x25-x35.Rooms starting at x01-at least x03 might be interior views or have a restricted view of the harbour, which would be a let-down. (Note, this assumes the room numbers line up each floor, as the building gets smaller as it goes up.)

Full breakfast was comped in the Fish restaurant as diamond, with full buffet and eggs on order.

The rooms seemed a little dated in color style, but comfortably furnished nonetheless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.