Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Toronto {CAN}

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2003, 11:21 pm
Suspended

Last year, I paid a $149 (CAD) at the Hilton Toronto Downtown and I got *ZERO*, *NATTA*, *NOTHING* for being a Gold. To user sailaway75, when a manager says something like a "because of your low rate, you won't be getting any benefits" is usually dead wrong if that rate was booked directly through the Hilton (phone, website, etc.).

I once booked at the Hilton LAX for a $51.00 (USD) through hilton.com and got the same speech....even said I wasn't going to get 500 FFMiles either. But they posted...he ate my breakfast with my cert, I think!

Hilton Toronto Airport in Mississauga, gives benefits to HHonors Golds more than downtown. I don't like the fact that both Toronto Hiltons charge for parking (but at the airport there are ways around it to get comped). Mmmm...just to add, there are brilliant HGI's in Mississauga and Markham, so the breakfasts, waters, free parking, **COMFY NEW BEDS** are all there! Good rates too.

SHADO

[This message has been edited by SHADO (edited 05-22-2003).]
Old May 23, 2003, 4:15 pm

Thanks Shado!

I'm still waiting for them to respond to me to see what their excuse is. To be honest, it's not like I'm dying for the breakfast, but it's a matter of principle. Why should I choose to stay with you so many nights only to get status and be treated like s**t. I could go elsewhere and pay less and get that treatment.

I feel that most of us have worked hard for the status and deserve the benefits that follow. It's not like the status dropped from heaven... (Although nowadays, it seems to be)

Anyway, I didn't buy the nonsense that the guy told me and asked again the next morning. Guess what? The nice lady, Hitori, told me that she didn't understand why I wasn't given breakfast and offered it to me, but by then it was 10 mins before closing and I was not in the mood.

So lesson learnt - if you don't get it the first time, ask and ask again and sooner or later, you'll get it.

------------------
Travelling makes the world smaller and friendlier.
Old May 27, 2003, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed at the Hilton Toronto 23/5 and 25/5. First stay I got a nice room on the 31st floor, but the lounge was closed, so they gave me 2 drink coupons for the bar downstairs and told me to just show my Gold card at the restaurant downstairs for the buffet breakfast. Also 2 bottles of water. Second stay I got an OK room on the 30th floor, lounge access for late afternoon nosh and drinks, and breakfast in the lounge (would have preferred the buffet). 2 bottles of water in the room, then someone came by with 2 more bottles. Also, they gave me a bag of pistachio nuts and gave me turndown service without me asking. The 2 chocolates on the pillow were much appreciated.

I stayed Saturday night at the Hilton Toronto Airport. Lounge was closed. They gave me a coupon for continental breakfast which I upgraded to buffet for $3CAD, 2 drink coupons and 2 bottles of water. Later on, someone came by and gave me a calculator(?!). They gave me turndown service without me asking, but only one chocolate.

Both hotels gave me good service, and I didn't have to ask for anything. The way it should be.
Old May 27, 2003, 4:05 pm

I stayed there the Victoria day weekend of the 16-20 and found everyone to be very friendly.As I am no longer Diamond (now Gold) I wondered how service would differ from previous stays. I was pleasantly surprised.
The lounge was closed for the weekend and I was also given drink vouchers (2 per day) and complimentary full breakfast each morning. I was upgraded to a "mini" suite at the end of the hall which was very modern in design with a great workdesk and sitting area. A thank you note and a box of chocolate almonds were waiting for me when I arrived Friday night. Everyone was very friendly and even delivered local papers on the weekend. Turndown service included the usual chocolates on the pillow!
The hotel seemed empty but it's location to everything in Toronto is great.

------------------
AA..just plain old Platinum
Delta: Lead Medallion
AOL IM# bobcharlap
email:[email protected]
Old May 27, 2003, 11:04 pm

Hmmm... it seems that I was the only unlucky one to get the unfavourable treatment... Maybe I'll try them again next time...

Anyway, no reply to my feedback yet... Still waiting.
Old May 28, 2003, 8:04 am
Suspended

Well, you'd assume the Toronto Hiltons giving better service now that the area is a "hotspot" again because of the stupidiest of people working in their health care system.
Old May 28, 2003, 6:09 pm

Old May 28, 2003, 8:25 pm

Was there on Sunday 5/25 on the C$79 rate. As a Diamond, got a corner "mini suite", box of pistachios w/ card, turndown, etc. No breakfast coupons... but didn't ask either, didn't care really. Didn't feel at all slighted for the C$79 rate. Room as usual was wonderful. This is one of my favorite Hilton properties.
Old May 29, 2003, 7:17 pm

Location: Mesa, AZ., USA, DL Gold,CRC,WN whatever,AA nobody,HHonors Diamond,Starwood Gold, could careless about Rental Car Co's.
Never stayed at the Toronto Airport Hilton. I always stay at the Downtown property. I am GOld and have always been treated with an upgrade and all the special immenities. I found a trick that works well for every Hilton. If there's an Executive Floor/Lounge, call the lounge desk specifically and ask about upgrade availability. More times than not,that person has blocked my choice for a room on the spot. If you stay at a certain property exclusively, they know that. Once, the Downtown Hilton put me in a room right on the Exec Floor, Floor 32.....4 doors from the verrry nice Exec Lounge. Orrrr, upon check-in, go right to the Exec Lounge and check in there; they are much more accommodating.
Old Jun 3, 2003, 8:40 pm
Original Member

Stayed downtown last weekend. Received room on 29th floor. I arrived early Friday and was told at front desk that executive lounge was open till 11:00 am and than closed until Sunday, 4P.M. Used the lounge on Sunday and Monday. The executive lounge manager, Mary, was very nice and helpful with suggestions and things to do in the area. I received turn down service and 2 bottles of water each day of my stay. This was a 3 day award stay. Breakfast coupons were given to me for Saturday and Sunday without having to ask. All in all, a very nice hotel, and for steaklovers out there, a Ruths Chris location is located on the lower floor.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 4:11 pm

Hmmm... seems that I'm the only one who had a problem... Must be my face...

By the way, they have yet to reply...
Old Jun 11, 2003, 1:28 pm

Hi guys!

Got a reply from Hilton HQ today.

They apologised and assured me that they will inform the owner ofthe hotel. On top of that, they enclosed 2 complimentary night stays at any homewood suite.

Not too bad, so apologies accepted and my loyalty regained.
Old Jun 11, 2003, 9:12 pm

Stayed there on our wedding night, and we were upgraded to a kickass suite as a Gold. Don't remember which floor. Unfortunately we arrived around 2am, and had to check out around 8am, so didn't even check the lounge, or breakfast. They treated us very well.
Old Aug 6, 2003, 1:06 pm

Trip report - Hilton Toronto (financial district)

Just wanted to report that we had an absolutely delightful stay at the Hilton Toronto downtown financial district. The concierge lounge was one of the nicest I have visited, and you can't beat free Canadian beer (tastes so much better than what we get in the US). The girls working in the concierge, both named Mary, were extremely helpful and made sure we had a wonderful trip.

My last trip to Toronto, I stayed at the very pricey Marriott Eaton Centre - nice but rooms were more modern at Hilton (hardwood floors were really cool). Bed was more comfortable than Marriott.

If your plans bring you to Toronto, I highly recommend the Hilton! Happy travels!
Old Aug 6, 2003, 1:27 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
I also had a great stay there: August 26-28. We were 8: myself + spouse, her parents and 4 kids (age 8-14). Stayed on the 21st floor in 2 double rooms. Great view on north side of hotel. No lounge over the weekend so we had breakfast in restaurant - very nice buffet. The $140 bill was covered by the hotel since the lounge was closed! Pool was very nice for the kids (I am not much of a swimmer).

Hotel looks great with modern furnishings. Very pleasant staff who answered all of our questions and needs.

Highly recommeded. I will be staying there in a few weeks. I look forward to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.