Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Toronto {CAN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2001, 8:04 pm

I stayed at this hotel as a gold member at the beginning of this year. Since it was not upgraded at the time of check-in, I requested "please make it an executive floor" and was@upgraded. Although the concierge of an executive lounge has high pride and is unamiable, he is what or a calm atmosphere. There is a billiards stand beside a concierge desk and I have not yet seen such a large executive lounge once. The drink is also placed in large quantities and a sofa is very also high rank. Since the breakfast of an executive lounge does not have a great thing, it should go to the restaurant in lobby floor. Of course, the visitor of stay to executive floor can use for free.
Old Dec 2, 2002, 5:42 am

Downtown Toronto Hilton Christmas

I have seen that most people have had very good luck with upgrades at the Toronto HIlton downtown and am hoping this will be the case between Christmas and New Year's this year. My question is: will they be less likely to upgrade me since I am traveling with 2 13 year olds? What should I expect? These girls are very well behaved adn we are there to SHOP till we drop, taking advantage of "boxing day" sales. How is the pool adn resteraunt. I appreciate any and all help. Thank you!

------------------
nw elite wannabe, HHonors Gold
Old Dec 2, 2002, 6:38 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
I was upgraded on an Award Stay last Xmas at the Toronto Downtown Hilton. My wifa and 13 year old son was with me - no problems at all. The Hotel is very good and we loved the outdoor Heated pool. Good Luck

Dave - japan
Old Dec 2, 2002, 7:19 am

Programs: Delta Diamond/3MM; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC
Last summer, I was upgrade with my 3 children (8, 5 & 6 months) to the penthouse directly adjacent to the lounge.

The pool is 1/2 inside 1/2 outside.

I remember eating some fantastic Asian food at one of the hotel restaurants, but can't remember the name. I think it had won some awards recently.
Old Dec 2, 2002, 12:58 pm

Thank you for the responses! I am feeling much better about my upgrade possibilities. Anyone familiar with how crowded the hilton will be around Christmas? Thanks again,
Iselroyal
Old Dec 2, 2002, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I get the impression things are very quiet and slow on Chirstmas and Boxing Days, then build up to New Years. I live nearby the Hilton [and Sheraton across the street], and when I have visited friends in town through the holidays, there is a definite sense of quiet that is not evidenced at these two major hotels through most of the rest of the year. You will also discover that most restaurants in this part of the city will be closed on Boxing Day, though you might find a spot or two along Queen Street west.

Enjoy your visit...
Old Dec 2, 2002, 6:04 pm

SHAREHOLDER last Christmas season the TTC was offering a family pass for $7.50 per day, an amazing deal. I have searched the TTC website to no avail for any mention of this special for this year. Any ideas who or how to contact someone regarding this?
Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2002, 10:14 am

Definitely available this holidays season...

http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/ttc/family_pass.htm

Also, check out all the "happenings" around town - reachable by TTC - during this festive time...

http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/ttc/pd...cember2002.pdf

Have fun in TO!
Old Dec 9, 2002, 4:32 am

Hi, Davistev, when you were there last year, was the Executive Lounge on the top floor open from X'mas Day to New Year's Day? If it was, did they offer the usual services? That is: (1) check-in and check-out for Golds and Diamonds, (2) breakfast, (3) evening reception. Thanks for any input at all.
Old Dec 27, 2002, 8:13 pm

isleroyal,

How did you make out at the Hilton Toronto over Christmas???

It seems their Executive Lounge on the 32nd floor was closed for "renovations." Did they still upgrade you to an ExecFloor room??

They should have provided you with coupons for the buffet breakfast in Tundra, and 2 drink coupons per person in Tundra Bar.

Also, did you receive a "welcome amenity??"
Old Dec 30, 2002, 6:17 pm

Just got in from Toronto 10 minutes ago. WHEW!!! Travel with 4 13 year old girls is quite an intresting undertaking.
The Hilton did try to upgrade us to the executive floor but they didn't have any rooms with 2 beds. According to the front desk there were NO suites open anywhere in the hotel. I thought that was quite odd since the Hilton website was allowing booking of suites, I checked just before we left. I only recieved the ammenity after calling on the 2nd evening. Recieved many many free drink coupons. Will happily mail some out if anyone wants them, they expire on Jan. 4th. I have 8 left. Breakfast was wonderful!!! Was rather dissapointed the executive lounge was closed as well as "Barrister's" restraunt/lounge. The staff was quite friendly and helpful, even being short staffed. Mildly upset coming back to the room last night at 8 p.m. and housekeeping still had not made up the room. We had been gone since 10 a.m., supposedly someone called in sick.
Thanks to all who gave advise here. Just e-mail me if you can use the drink coupons.

------------------
nw elite wannabe, HHonors Gold
Old Mar 20, 2003, 3:59 pm

Toronto Hilton (downtown) manager

Does anyone have the contact details of the downtown toronto hilton manager (email) ?

thx.
Old Mar 20, 2003, 6:33 pm

Guest Services Manager is DWIGHT BECKFORD.

E-Mail: [email protected]

Hope this helps!
Old Mar 20, 2003, 7:00 pm

Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2003, 6:46 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman, Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Toronto Downtown Hilton Lounge Hours?

Does anyone know if the Toronto Downtown Hilton lounge is open on weekends?

Thanks,
Reed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.