Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Toronto {CAN}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2004, 4:05 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by ethernetWeasel
I stayed at the Toronto Hilton a few weeks back.

When I left at 6AM on a Wed., I was amazed at how empty the underground garage was...
Out of curiosity, do you remember how much daily parking at their garage was?
Old Dec 26, 2004, 12:45 am

Programs: UA Premier Plat, Marco Polo Club Green , HH Blue, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bostonbali
Out of curiosity, do you remember how much daily parking at their garage was?
It was $27 Canadian per day including all the taxes. I think it went up since my last trip

EW
Old Dec 26, 2004, 1:31 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
For the last couple of years around Xmas - they have closed this lounge.
Old Dec 26, 2004, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have heard and experienced the same.
Toronto Hilton Lounge was closed two years ago for "renovations"over the holidays.
Airport Hilton is closed at times,and IMO,is based on demand.I had 4 stays in November and were open each time.I have not seen the "renovations" at this lounge that Hilton keeps saying are being done.(they did do a major reno at the check-in area this past summer)
Old Mar 4, 2005, 10:46 am

Hilton Toronto

I will be staying here in a couple of weeks and have experienced the executive floor lounge previously. The rep informed me that there is a new HHonors lounge for Golds/Plats which is separate for continental breakfast, no snacks though in the evening- anyone been here yet? comments? Apparently its been there since mid- Feb...
Old Mar 4, 2005, 11:34 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, NWA Gold, UA Prem Exec, Starwood Gold
I'll also be there in a couple of weeks and am wondering about the new lounge as well. Can we still go to the normal exec lounge in the evening? Also I booked an Exec Suite, anyone had one before?
Cheers,
Old Mar 5, 2005, 9:41 pm

I'm checking in tomorrow. I'll be back on Wednesday and will post an answer then. Robert
Old Mar 5, 2005, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I stayed there recently on a PL stay. Nice place, but they need to pick up the room service trays. There were literally coffee cups outside of pretty much every room every day I was there. I think housekeeping just puts them outside the room and nobody picks them up.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 8:55 am

When I checked in on Sunday, I was told that the 32nd floor was being renovated and the exec. lounge was not available. There is a new "Hhonors lounge" on the main floor behind the coffee stand. For breakfast, there was Kelloggs' cereal miniboxes, a dish of oatmeal, assorted fruit, pastries, yogourt, juices, etc. It looked more like a Hampton breakfast bar, except there was no waffle machine. There was nothing there in the evening that I saw.

I was told that once the 32nd floor is completed, a new policy will be in effect, that if you do not have a room on the executive floor, you will not have access to the exec. lounge but only to the Hhonors lounge on the main floor. I filled in a guest comment card voicing my total disgust with this new policy.

Robert
Old Mar 10, 2005, 12:37 pm

GWN: thanks for the update!
Old Mar 10, 2005, 1:20 pm
YXE

Programs: AC-Elite
Thanks, I am staying there next week.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 4:51 pm

The lounge on the 32nd floor is closed for renovations and will re-open within a couple of months. They have architects impressions of the new lounge and it looks quite attractive.

There is a temporary lounge on the 2nd or 3 rd floor in the Governor-General's suite which is usually a function room. I've been invited there on my last two stays. I've only gone for breakfast and didn't pay attention to what hours its open as I wasn't thinking of an evening drink. The set-up is very comfortable and the breakfast is exactly the same as was in the 32nd floor lounge.

I am a Diamond so that's where I was sent. I have never heard of the Hhonors lounge behind the coffee shop.

If the renovated lounge is restricted to Executive floor guests only its going to be a pretty quiet and empty place. As a Diamond I will not be impressed and may start looking elsewhere. I usually stay in this hotel a dozen or more times a year.

I won't be there for another 5 or 6 weeks but I'll ask when I'm there. If anyone can get clarification on the future lounge access before then, please post.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 8:03 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
I'm here right now in a non-upgraded room on the 22nd Floor. Was told there is "continental" breakfast in the lounge on the main floor. No drinks in evening. No other benefits at all. What a ripoff.

I paid the nearly $200 rate here expecting benefits. I'm thoroughly disappointed.

Next time it's back to the Marriott Courtyard where I get nearly as nice a room (I know, less *elegant*), the same (non-existent) benefits and free in room internet for US$35 on PL. The Courtyard may be a 3* to the Hilton's 4* but I assure you it's not worth over $150 more a night without more benes than a continental breakfast.

Last edited by MilesTalk; Mar 29, 2005 at 10:41 pm
Old Mar 31, 2005, 8:27 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
BTW, I should also mention that on check out I asked about the new policy the other posters referenced and she confirmed that once the lounge reopens on the exec floor, you will only be admitted if you are staying on the exec floor.

To clarify, if you can't get a space available upgrade to the exec floor, you not only don't get the upgrade, but your "lounge" is relegated to a small continental (cold food only) breakfast on the main floor behind OVO. Maybe they are hoping they will get people to actually book on the exec floor to ensure the room but I think the policy stinks....
Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:18 pm

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
I spent 3 nights at this property in December, booked standard room but was upgraded to the executive floor with access to the lounge on 32nd floor. Can’t really understand why they called my room “executive” as it only had a very small desk (and the bathroom was smaller than the average hotel in this category).
I didn’t actually notice the lounge needed a renovation, perhaps they are making it larger in some way? It was very overcrowded and it was hard finding an empty seat during the evening cocktails.
If they are really going to stick to this HHonors lounge thing then it really stinks! Sounds like they are trying to get “around” the HHonors rules and guests benefits just by offering a coffee stand.

One tip about this hotel, in room internet is free as long as the computer being used has been used at another hotel providing internet from the same company (can’t remember the name). I.e. I stayed at the Intercontinental Toronto a few night before and paid for internet there, they are using the same ISP at the Hilton which leads to free internet Reason: This ISP uses “cookies” to identify the connected computer on their network

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.