Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Toronto {CAN}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2023, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Spent this past weekend here. The lobby area is still under construction which forces you to go down a narrow escalator to the basement convention level and Ruth's Chris entrance to catch the elevator. Received a standard upgrade to an Executive Level King with a nice view of the CN Tower. Executive Lounge was open and had a good enough breakfast spread (though the coffee could be a bit better). I didn't have time to hit up the lounge in the evening. Hotel staff was very responsive and helpful when needed. Most importantly, it's a great location for walkability in the downtown core.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 8:14 pm

Spotted a mouse in the executive lounge

Saw a mouse running around in the lounge at 8pm ish. It came out and then ran away and hid under the furnace south side. (City hall facing side)
Told the staff and she didn't seem surprised at all and said "yes someone already told me. I will tell the night cleaner" (? Since when cleaners take care of mice?)

I didnt want to have breakfast there anymore so i went down to front desk to ask if I can have the breakfast in the restaurant instead.

Reminded them again and told them they should take care of this mice asap because I had dealt with mice in a old house before and it's a disaster because they reproduce fast.

As they were issuing me a breakfast voucher, they made a joke by responding "ohhh can this mouse be your friend then? just kidding"
i'm like ..., is this the staff attitude I should expect at a 4 star flagship Hilton?
i just played along and said "yeah maybe. But he never told me he had a diamond status" then left.

Ridiculous.
Probably never staying here again.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by onewaylove
Saw a mouse running around in the lounge at 8pm ish. It came out and then ran away and hid under the furnace south side. (City hall facing side)
Told the staff and she didn't seem surprised at all and said "yes someone already told me. I will tell the night cleaner" (? Since when cleaners take care of mice?)

I didnt want to have breakfast there anymore so i went down to front desk to ask if I can have the breakfast in the restaurant instead.

Reminded them again and told them they should take care of this mice asap because I had dealt with mice in a old house before and it's a disaster because they reproduce fast.

As they were issuing me a breakfast voucher, they made a joke by responding "ohhh can this mouse be your friend then? just kidding"
i'm like ..., is this the staff attitude I should expect at a 4 star flagship Hilton?
i just played along and said "yeah maybe. But he never told me he had a diamond status" then left.

Ridiculous.
Probably never staying here again.
Stuff happens when you travel. Deal with it and move on, IMO.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld;[url=tel:35948068
35948068[/url]]Stuff happens when you travel. A sense of humor always helps…which seems to be missing here. Deal with it and move on, IMO.
yeah but not a rat running around on a 32nd floor of a $300/night hotel.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 9:53 pm

yeah but not a rat running around on a 32nd floor of a $300/night hotel.
Now it’s a rat?
Old Jan 29, 2024, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Told the staff and she didn't seem surprised at all
That explains the significant amount of mousetraps in the stairwell between the 2 Exec Level floors. That being said, strange to have mice on the 31st and 32nd floors...
Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by dmarge18
That explains the significant amount of mousetraps in the stairwell between the 2 Exec Level floors. That being said, strange to have mice on the 31st and 32nd floors...
I used the stairs but I don't recall seeing a moustrap
Old Apr 12, 2024, 3:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dmarge18
must be all the lounge guests taking food to their rooms and dropping it along the way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.