Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Toronto {CAN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2003, 9:45 am
Original Member

Just got off the phone with them. The executive lounge is open everyday of the week, and serves breakfast and evening snacks even on weekends. I beleive she said the bar was open till 10:00pm.
Old Mar 21, 2003, 12:22 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman, Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the information.

Old Mar 21, 2003, 2:36 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
I can confirm the above. I was in the lounge last Saturday afternoon playing pool.

It is a very nice lounge with a good view and great snacks + a pool table.
Old Mar 22, 2003, 5:23 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, HH Diamond, A-Club Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Shangri-la Jade, Intercon Gold Ambassador
Just stayed there

8:00am - 10:00pm Weekends
7:00am - 11:00pm Weekdays

Free drink from 3:00pm onwards
Snacks from 5:00pm to 7:00pm -- although there is usually something left over after 7:00pm
Old May 17, 2003, 9:32 pm

Gold Benefits at Toronto Hilton

Hi guys!

Just need some advice from you. I'm currently staying at the Toronto Hilton just for tonight as I'm taking advantage of the C$79 "Canada Loves Toronto" rate.

Upon checking in, the front desk staff informed me that I'm not eligible for any Gold benefits due to the rate. As I was tired from a long day and trip, I didn;t bother to argue with him. But is this true?

I remember when I was in NYC a month ago, I still got my benefits staying at a really cheap airline staff rate...

I've heard that this hotel is usually quite compliant so I'm just wondering if this is a new rule?

Thanks in advance.

------------------
Travelling makes the world smaller and friendlier.
Old May 17, 2003, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I've heard that even those staying on Priceline rates get their benefits, albeit not stay credits or points. This seems to be variable, though, depending upon property and who checks you in. I will be checking in there tomorrow as a Silver, so am interested in seeing how they handle me. All I want is the stay credit, but...

Sorry you couldn't join us tonight at the TO do. How about coffee and Timbits at 1pm tomorrow after I check in?
Old May 17, 2003, 9:57 pm

I will be going to the airport tomorrow morning to issue a mileage ticket on UA but if I'm back by 1pm, Timbits, it is... Where?

Email me so I can pass you my cell or room number.

------------------
Old May 18, 2003, 4:48 am

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
Got a 1-category upgrade as a Diamond at the Hilton DT yesterday. Occupancy appeared quite low. Lounge was closed for the weekend.

BTW, I've yet to receive elite benefits ONCE on a priceline stay with Hilton. Never so much as a free breakfast. I always get full benefits (including suite upgrades) with Starwood & Hyatt.
Old May 18, 2003, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
You both have mail
Old May 19, 2003, 9:22 am

We have an award stay coming up in June. We chose this hotel in large part because of posts here re TH being a compliant hotel when it comes to HHonors benefits. If a $79 rate is not eligible for benefits due to the rate, then a non-paying guest should not expect any as well.
Old May 19, 2003, 1:21 pm

Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan HiltonHhonors Diamond, Northwest Gold
Is the lounge always closed on weekends? Bummer.

Do they at least give you something to make up for lack of lounge access i.e bfast coupons and/or drink coupons?
Old May 19, 2003, 9:25 pm

Just a quick update...

Was actually quite peeved that a standard rate was ineligible for Gold benefits, so went down and spoke to another front office agent in the morning who told me that I was eligible for breakfast. She even mentioned that usually all Gold members are given free lounge access but since the lounge was closed, breakfast in the coffee house downstairs was due.

I asked her about the lounge and she mentioned that the weekend closing was due to the really low occupancy levels that they are experiencing now. I kinda believe her as the last time I was there, about 2 months back, the lounge was up and running on the weekend.

Have a good trip Scotch and like they say on the United board, if you meet someone who tells you no, just try and try again.

P.S. I gave them a nasty feedback form, will see if they reply.

------------------
Old May 22, 2003, 6:27 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G

Thank you for persisting about asking for benefits. I agree that any rate the hotel offers should allow benefits, since award stays should also allow benefits. What's the point of working hard for an award if we can't enjoy our regular status benefits. We all need to continue to speak up.
Old May 22, 2003, 7:53 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sailaway75:
Have a good trip Scotch and like they say on the United board, if you meet someone who tells you no, just try and try again.</font>
Thanks. I'll post our experience after the trip.
Old May 22, 2003, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll be at the Toronto Hilton this weekend as a Gold. I'm hoping to get the breakfast, at least. A room upgrade would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.