Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Toronto {CAN}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2001, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Actually, local calls would be $1.15 each in local money: $1 for the call, 7% federal and 8% provincial tax. That works out to be about 75-cents US.
Old Feb 14, 2001, 12:41 pm
DOC 2 BE

MileKing --

I have found that the Canadian Hiltons serve you free Booze. That is what they did at the QC Hilton.

Was the Exec Lounge open on weekends? What were their breakfasts like? What type of snacks, etc. The NYT ran an article echoing what you said about the place and they said that the hotel restaurant was very good, as well. Did you have a chance to dine there?

Finally, how far is it to Chinatown from the hotel?

Thanx!!

Old Feb 14, 2001, 2:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
DOC 2 BE, I wasn't there on weekends so I don't know if the lounge is open then. Snacks are the typical chips/dips and cookies and occasionally some other finger foods. I don't recall seeing much else. Can't help you on the restuarant, never ate there. Had room service a few times and the food was fine.
Old Feb 14, 2001, 2:47 pm
DOC 2 BE

Thanx!!

Old Feb 14, 2001, 5:02 pm

I had no problem with the hotel parking
garage; no better or worse than any other
metropolis parking situation.

Very nice HHonors lounge.

They advertise two phone lines in the rooms
on the HHonors floors. Few rooms have two
working lines.

No high-speed internet access. I have
reached the point where this now determines
where I stay.

-Doug
Old Feb 14, 2001, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Did stay there last year - June. Would stay there again. Walking distance to Chinatown (about 9 blocks or 15 min walk) and a great way to burn up those calories. Little Italy also nearby but rec. to take a cab. Did not eat at the hotel restaurant, however since they closed early on Sundays , did try the good brunch at the Movenpick restaurant across the street.
Old Feb 14, 2001, 8:59 pm
DOC 2 BE

Thanx Testa. I think I will burn off more calories if I walk to C-town in the cold!!!

I had better order a Hot Pot!

Old Feb 14, 2001, 11:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
After reading other people's remarks, I wanted to clarify a couple of mine.

Valet parking wasn't available when we checked in (don't know if that's the norm) and the hotel was full, so our problems with the parking garage may have been atypical. I hope so.

The food in the restaurant was OK, but the atmosphere wasn't great. We felt kind of rushed and ignored. Maybe the hotel has more than one restaurant? We only saw one.

Finally, it sounds like an upgrade to the executive floor might have made our stay more pleasant. The rooms up there may be better furnished than the room we were given. But I just couldn't bring myself to book the executive floor in the first place. It cost a lot more and I hoped I'd get lucky with an upgrade. Didn't happen. Them's the breaks...
Old Feb 15, 2001, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Hey, it's quite tropical in Toronto right now. I dare say we have hardly had a winter day drop below 0-celsuis, 32-ferenheit. Today it is about 5 and narry a trace of snow. It all washed away in the torrent of rain yesterday. I think it has been milder and less snowy than most of the US and Canadian east coast. So bring an umbrella and rubbers [boots, that is] rather than parkas and snow shoes.
Old Feb 18, 2001, 12:00 pm
DOC 2 BE

Dear MileKing and all others with Info --

It looks like my stay at the Toronto Hilton downtown is a go. You said that you E-mailed the Guest services manager but got no response. Could you post the e-mail for me, as I would like to advise them that I will be coming and that I EXPECT all benefits due a Gold HHonors.

If anyone else has comments on the property, please advise.

I have noted that the parking garage is not favored by some and that others had said that the garage across the street is less expensive, but by how much?

It is $22 CDN per 24 hrs, WITH in/out privileges, that appeals to me as I want to visit the Ontario Science Center, out of the city center. Also, can't forget about those HHonors points if I were to park there!

Finally, all you Torontonians, how difficult is it to get tix for Mama Mia? I also see that you have a half price tix booth like London and NY. Any good things on it recently??

Thanx so much for the input!!

Regards,

D2B

Old Feb 18, 2001, 4:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
I may have tossed the Guest Service Manager's card, but I believe his e-mail was [email protected].

Get tickets to Mamma Mia! It is one of the best shows I have ever seen, including anything that has been on Broadway. You don't even have to know/like any of ABBA's songs to enjoy the show!
Old Feb 19, 2001, 6:52 pm
DOC 2 BE

Thanx again, MileKing! Did you get tix in advance of your stay in Toronto, or did you buy them there, and from whom? When did you go there and were tix difficult to get? How were your seats?

BTW, I love ABBA, and havae wanted to see the musical in London. Moreover, I can't wait for it to open in NYC, so I'd rather see it sooner and not have to fight for seats!

Your further, or any other Fter's, input would be most welcome!

Thanx again,

D2B

Old Mar 2, 2001, 8:02 am

Find Low rate for the Hilton in Toronto

Thanks to everybody who has suggested the “fast track to GOLD VIP” promotion. I called in last Wednesday to sign-up and checked my account on Thursday and I’m now a GOLD VIP!!! According to the rep who helped me, the promo was going to end on Wednesday.. don’t know if it is true, but thanks to you guys again.

Well, here is my problem and I appreciate if some of you could help me…

I am planning to go Toronto, ON Easter weekend and called the Hilton reservation center to book a room at the Hilton Downtown Toronto. I have a couple of UA Mileage Plus coupons, but they told me that the UA coupons are not valid for that time period! Do you know of any other type of promotions that I can use to get a “lower” room rate? They quoted me a rate of over $200!!!!

Please help…
Old Mar 2, 2001, 9:04 am
Original Member

Programs: CO Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz President's Circle
hi, FFSaver. welcome to FlyerTalk.

they have a Value Plus rate of $US94 ($C145)/night for that weekend

www.hilton.com
Old Mar 15, 2001, 2:37 pm

Toronto Downtown Hilton

Does Anybody have any comments on this place?

Do you have trouble getting "freebies" or upgrades to exec floors with "Gold VIP" status?

tx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.