Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Toronto {CAN}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2003, 1:35 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fromYXU:
I also had a great stay there: August 26-28. We were 8: myself + spouse, her parents and 4 kids (age 8-14). Stayed on the 21st floor in 2 double rooms. Great view on north side of hotel. No lounge over the weekend so we had breakfast in restaurant - very nice buffet. The $140 bill was covered by the hotel since the lounge was closed! Pool was very nice for the kids (I am not much of a swimmer).

Hotel looks great with modern furnishings. Very pleasant staff who answered all of our questions and needs.

Highly recommeded. I will be staying there in a few weeks. I look forward to it.
</font>
I too love the Hilton Toronto !
Have another great stay there Aug. 26--28 this year: Those are PointStretcher dates ( only 18K a night.)
However, Aug. 22 & 25 are BOTH PS & BLACKOUT dates ! Take a look here:
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/h...tyhocn=TORHITW

------------------
Play the travel game 3 vacations into the future!
Old Aug 29, 2003, 3:51 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
I'm currently staying there and they closed the lounge from midday today and won't open it again until next Tues afternoon, 2 Sep.
Old Aug 30, 2003, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Holiday weekend always cut back hours. Wonder if business is still down as much as earlier this year, or if it has recovered? Well, at least there's good weatehr out there: go off down Queen West and enjoy a drink and meal at a restaurant terrace.
Old Aug 31, 2003, 9:52 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Kremmen:
I'm currently staying there and they closed the lounge from midday today and won't open it again until next Tues afternoon, 2 Sep.</font>
Are you at the Hilton until Tuesday? YHM.
Old Sep 1, 2003, 12:14 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
Holiday weekend always cut back hours. Wonder if business is still down as much as earlier this year, or if it has recovered?</font>
According to the woman I asked at the lounge just before it closed, occupancy was going to be fortysomething % Sat and sixtysomething % Sun.

Actually, the lounge shutdown is a mixed blessing: the buffet breakfast in the restaurant is much better than the lounge one and they give out drink coupons for their bar, which has much better variety, to make up for the lack of drinks in the lounge.
Old Sep 1, 2003, 7:08 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
Holiday weekend always cut back hours. </font>
I was able to take my whole family for breakfast to the restaurant twice this summer because the lounge was closed on the weekends. All paid for. Total was close to $250! Made me appreciate my status even more.

I enjoyed my stay there.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 6:46 pm

My only complaint with the Hilton Toronto (downtown) is that they had the nerve to charge me $3.00 for a fax.

Seems this is standard, whether the fax is one page or 10.

Old Dec 22, 2004, 12:06 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Toronto Hilton - Lounge Closed

Just called the Toronto Hilton regarding an upcoming stay next week. The front desk lady told me that the Executive Lounge is closed, and is scheduled to be renovated sometime after the new year... Too bad, I read it was a nice lounge...
She did say that as a HH Gold, I would get free breakfast and drink coupons to the bar - so in the end, is this better or worse 'compensation' than the lounge itself (I believe the breakfast they offer you is a full b-fast, versus a somewhat abbreviated version at the lounge)
Old Dec 22, 2004, 1:12 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Not uncommon for that lounge to close when quiet. The breakfast is in the main restaurant downstairs and is full buffet. Better deal I think. They also gave coupons to the whole family!
Old Dec 22, 2004, 1:48 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Stayed the a couple of weekends ago ... was told that during the renovations in 2005 that the Governor's Suite on the 2nd floor would be used as a lounge during that time ... this did not include the holiday closure, but the renovation period only.

PB
Old Dec 22, 2004, 7:42 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman, Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Was there this past weekend. Diamond Member, I was disappointed the lounge was closed but the breakfast buffet was great! It was a full breakfast including 2 different type of eggs, french toast, pancakes, 3 different meats, potatoes, deli meats and pastries. My wife and I don't drink so we didn't utilize the drink coupons.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 11:54 pm

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
I was there 3 weeks while the lounge was still open. Don’t really understand why it would need a renovation. Perhaps they are extending it?
We also had one night at the YYZ Airport Hilton, the lounge is closed there too for renovation, got upgraded to a nice whirlpool suite as Gold
Old Dec 23, 2004, 2:49 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
YUL Montreal Hilton Bonaventure lounge was closed as well for "Renovation" and offered breakfast coupon but no drinks coupon.

In my opinion, Hilton might be closing the lounge because it is quiet and low occupancy but does not want to state so and say instead it is for renovations. I know last year I was told by the Hilton Cleveland Beachwood lounge that they are closing for a week or two for the holidays with no statement on renovations or whatever.

for Hilton Bonaventure since they did not offer an amenity welcome gift nor upgrade when I checked in Tuesday evening and when I questioned that Wednesday morning at 8am, was told it would be remedied but did not do so before 2pm when I checked out. Paid $125 plus tax for the room on the internet and choose Hilton over Hyatt since I am a few nights short on Diamond requal but if I had know about the cost cutting measures by the Hilton, I would have choosen the Hyatt and gotten half a FFN and far better treatment I think.

Last edited by Snoopyo; Dec 23, 2004 at 2:52 am
Old Dec 23, 2004, 6:03 am

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Snoopyo
In my opinion, Hilton might be closing the lounge because it is quiet and low occupancy but does not want to state so and say instead it is for renovations. I know last year I was told by the Hilton Cleveland Beachwood lounge that they are closing for a week or two for the holidays with no statement on renovations or whatever.
Hilton Toronto: Staff did tell me when I was there that the closure over the holidays was due to a slow time of the year ... so they did distinguish (FWIW) between the renovation and the slow period...

PB
Old Dec 25, 2004, 1:17 am

Programs: UA Premier Plat, Marco Polo Club Green , HH Blue, Marriott Plat
I stayed at the Toronto Hilton a few weeks back

I stayed at the Toronto Hilton a few weeks back.

When I left at 6AM on a Wed., I was amazed at how empty the underground garage was...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.