Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in England and elsewhere in United Kingdom {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in England and elsewhere in United Kingdom {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2003, 8:25 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
In the UK, I always ask what benefits the hotel gives to Gold members. It is usually after I ask that I get my free breakfast.

Hope this helps. I have found the front desk staff to be generally unhelpful. Once I was even delegated a Smoking room because of a wedding party. I insisted on my non-smoking room as I booked the room 4 months in advance and was checking in at 2PM (no excuse possible). I got my way again but only after being a bit stern with the front desk people.

Old Sep 14, 2003, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
At the Kensington, I was upgraded to the executive floor and access to the lounge where one could get a continental breakfast which included hard boiled eggs, meat and cheese. I imagine if I hadn't been on the executive floor, I could still go into the lounge. Nobody really checked.

------------------
Ms.DtG
Old Sep 15, 2003, 1:51 pm
Original Member

Remember the policy for Gold / Diamond VIP benefits outside the US is different:-

At Hilton hotels outside the U.S. with Executive Floors, Gold VIPs will be provided with a guest room on the Executive Floor, whenever possible. In cases when there are no Executive Floors or where Executive Floor accommodations have been fully booked, Gold VIP members will be offered a complimentary continental breakfast each morning or an alternative special amenity.

In the UK, some hotels have an 'executive' floor but no lounge e.g. Manchester Airport. Therefore, an upgrade to this floor negates a free breakfast. Also, a special amenity could be a small box of chocolates in your standard room. The blackpool Hilton for example regularly provides me with a small bottle of wine, chocolates, pringles and a local magazine but no breakfast.

That being said, this year I've found the UK hiltons to be a lot better with upgrades and other benefits. I have a near 100% success for upgrades out of 20+ uk stays, with a least 25% being suite upgrades.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
What's up with UK Hiltons rates?

We need to be in London in early December for few days, and few more days in Manchester. I just started to look at some rates at my prefered hotels in London and the rates seem to be on the high side. I looked at Starwood properties and they seem cheaper. I realize that it's hard to do a comparison between different properties, but your average Hilton is not that much different than your average Sheraton.

Any rason for the high rates at Hiltons in early December?
Old Oct 28, 2003, 10:03 pm

It maybe that Hilton has yet to put the discounts for December. The ones I found that were cheep ended at the end of November. Did you look on www.hilton.co.uk ?
Old Oct 29, 2003, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
Sept/Oct/Nov seems to be high time for Hilton with business events so there are few good rates loaded except at the last minute. All the UK hotels are pushing hard for December leisure bookings right now so I'd wait a bit.
Old Feb 17, 2004, 5:06 am

UK Hiltons - Free 120 mins Wifi access from BTOpenzone

From todays statement mailing

http://www.bt.com/openzone/hilton120/

quoting reference HH/11/03E

"Welcome to BT Openzone's offer page - produced exclusively for Hilton HHonors customers.

Using your free 120 minutes access to BT Openzone, you will be able to access your emails, the internet and company intranet - ten times faster than a normal dial-up connection - all without wires when you use a WiFi enabled laptop or PDA. "

Most UK Hiltons now have BTOpenzone available in the lobby, bar and some rooms.

Strange that the registration does not want your membership number only an email address ;-)

[This message has been edited by TonySymons (edited Feb 17, 2004).]
Old Feb 17, 2004, 6:40 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
the on-line registration is asking for a Promotion code. Do you have it?
Old Feb 17, 2004, 9:30 am

quoting reference HH/11/03E
Old Feb 17, 2004, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. I hope itsa true but as of Jan 5 2004 I havent seen any mention of it in the 4 UK Hiltons I stayed in.

MisterNice
Old Feb 17, 2004, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll be at the Hilton London Metropole this weekend and I'll give it a try if they have BTOpenzone coverage.

Thanks for highlighting this, TonySymons!
Old Feb 24, 2004, 4:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, BA Blue
UK South Coast Hitons

I did a search for Brighton and Bournemouth but i could be doing with some updated info.

We are looking at a midweek stay at the end of March at either Brighton or Bournemouth Hiltons but are any better than the others.

And would Diamond status make much difference?

Cheers

Alan
Old May 25, 2004, 3:34 pm

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Hilton (UK)

Does anybody happen to have the code to access BT Broadband from their hotels ? I've accidently deleted the email that they sent me giving the code...thanks.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 7:59 pm

4 UK Hiltons

We have just returned from a wonderful leisure UK trip during which we stayed at 4 Hiltons, 2 on award stays, 2 on paid stays. As a Gold member, here's how we were treated.

Hilton Warwick, award stay, 2 single beds in a supposedly upgraded room, included robes and slippers. I had requested a king size room; they say they have none, thus the 2 twin beds. This was an award stay and when I requested breakfast, I was told that "Hilton paid for the room; you have to pay for the breakfast." Convenient location, clean room, very basic business hotel room. Fine, but nothing to write home about.

Hilton Moorside Grange, paid stay, 88GBP, including breakfast and VAT. Nice room, but no view. Good ambience at this conference type hotel. Treated as special guests, great staff.

Hilton York, award stay. Same story on breakfast. Inside parking 12GBP per night. This hotel has a fabulous location for tourists and York is a great destination. We had a room with a view, 2 double beds, small, very small.

Hilton Green Park London, paid stay, 141GBP per night included VAT and breakfast. Beautiful rooms, contemporary decor, windows that open. First night we were in a deluxe king room. Nice, great bed. I had asked for an upgrade and the second night they moved us to 529, a beautiful suite. Exceptional room, very spacious, comfortable couch, table and chairs in the sitting room.

The lounge is great, well decorated, comfortable, and has windows that open so you can enjoy a glass of wine smoke-free. The price of that glass of wine is another issue, however. House white wine 8GBP, crazy. I was tempted to complain, but this hotel figured out a way to defuse my irritation. We had bought a very inexpensive bottle of wine at a shop the next day, had drunk a half bottle, and left for the day the following morning. Returning, I was definitely looking forward to the rest of the wine. It had disappeared. I called reception and asked what had happened. Within minutes they had delivered a much more expensive, full bottle of white wine. That gesture sure did the trick and turned me into a happy and non-complaining guest.

The location here is wonderful, 1 block from Green Park, 1 block from Shepherd Street which has over 15 restaurant/pubs. We walked everywhere except the Tower of London and the Globe and we took a boat to those.

We went for a walk one evening and checked out 3 other well-located Hiltons. Didn't like the Hilton Park Lane. Seemed like any big US hotel, lacked the boutique feel of the Green Park. Hilton London Mews is a dump! Feels small and dingy. Both of these have locations which aren't quite as classic London. Hilton Trafalgar seems very elegant, has a doorman and other elegant features. But most of the rooms overlook busy streets and the lounge is choking with smoke. We really liked the size and cool, spare feeling of the Green Park. For once I didn't feel like I'd chosen the second best option.

BTW, we had a great trip, perfect weather. That exchange rate will kill you, though!
Old Aug 10, 2004, 6:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, BA Blue
Gift Certs on Ebay UK.

OK i know a discount is a discount but what would you pay for Hilton Gift Certs on Ebay?

Here in the UK i have noticed that people are selling £50 Hilton Gift Certs and in most cases are being offered around £40. The way i would look at it is that is a discount of 20% and when you have already had a 15% discount for being a Hilton Group Shareholder it is very tempting.

Any thoughts out there??

Cheers

Alan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.