Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in England and elsewhere in United Kingdom {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in England and elsewhere in United Kingdom {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by cargueiro
That looks great actually thanks. I lived not far from there once upon a time so am drawn to the area too.
I really can’t think of any negatives ...... you have stave hill behind the hotel ( nice woodland walk ) and great walks / views east and west from hotel, you also can get the free ferry over to Canary Wharf with its abundance of restaurants and bars .
cargueiro likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since you are going to be in Leeds ... I hope you find time to visit the Royal Armouries Museum. I managed to spend an entire day there. Easy to walk there from the central train station.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 2:36 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The venue with the best terrace / balcony I can recall (at the moment) is Syon Park. In good weather - particularly when we head to the summer solstice - it can be an amazing spot. To work against that, the furniture is a bit odd, non standard for Hiltons, and you don't necessarily have a full sized working desk. Which you definitely do have at LGW. You could ditch the car there since you can get into central London reasonably quickly by bus + train combo.

Brighton Metropole has many rooms with sea view balconies or windows overlooking the sea, it's so close that the window rooms have the mesmerising sound of the waves.
teemuflyer, wizla and cargueiro like this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 3:50 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Thanks
Syon Park is out of my price range as rooms start at £241 a night on the dates I want.

Brighton looks another good possibility though and is cheap. I had looked for Hiltons by the sea earlier but had somehow missed that one. I am planning to visit Sussex anyway, so if I finalise my itinerary so I visit Sussex and then tag on my few days work whilst there, I wouldn't need to drive far to get to Brighton. I quite fancy being by the sea for the week I have to work...
Old Feb 26, 2022, 3:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by cargueiro
Brighton looks another good possibility though and is cheap. I had looked for Hiltons by the sea earlier but had somehow missed that one. I am planning to visit Sussex anyway, so if I finalise my itinerary so I visit Sussex and then tag on my few days work whilst there, I wouldn't need to drive far to get to Brighton. I quite fancy being by the sea for the week I have to work...
It's kind of cheap for a reason, it's clean and tidy but a bit shabby in places - it could do with a major refurbishment. But a fabulous location!
teemuflyer and wizla like this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
I really can’t think of any negatives ...... you have stave hill behind the hotel ( nice woodland walk ) and great waghgglks / views east and west from hotel, you also can get the free ferry over to Canary Wharf with its abundance of restaurants and bars .
Old Jan 29, 2023, 10:58 am

Programs: UA GS; Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott, Hyatt; Hertz
Hamptons in York, UK

Any experience with either of the "Hampton by Hilton York" hotels in York, UK? Comments concerning the noise level, rooms, etc.? We are trying to decide between the two for a Friday night. Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by Oregonflyer
Any experience with either of the "Hampton by Hilton York" hotels in York, UK? Comments concerning the noise level, rooms, etc.? We are trying to decide between the two for a Friday night. Thanks in advance.
I've not stayed in any of the 4 Hilton hotels in central York (I live not that far away) but I would say that Hampton Piccadilly is near the city centre, but those rooms facing the River Ouse are going to be quiet. The full Hilton in York is in the pedestrian zone. If you are only staying one night and arriving after about 17:00 hrs then probably all the hotels will be reasonably quiet, the other Hampton, the vanilla York Hampton, is near the railway station, if that is how you are arriving, but is a few streets away so you won't get noise from one of the UK's busiest stations. Hamptons in the UK have all been built fairly recently and in a fairly identikit way, so there will be very little to choose from the rooms between the hotels or any other UK Hampton, we don't have the slightly bashed up ones by the Interstates. So they will be modern, but fairly compact by USA standards, but not silly small in size. The Picadilly Hampton was built to take advantage of their location overlooking the Ouse, so the breakfast room and bar area has an outdoor seating overlooking it. If it was me,well I guess I would tend to the main Hilton, but after that I would look at Picaddilly, particularly if I had spare time in York; unless I was going to arrive late by train and would thus appreciate rapid access to the York Hampton. The Doubletree looks quite nice from the outside, and is near the Minster, so if the rate was low I'd be perhaps persuaded.
Alawyer likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 10:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
[...] The Doubletree [York] looks quite nice from the outside, and is near the Minster, so if the rate was low I'd be perhaps persuaded.
I had a nice stay shortly before Covid and would stay there again, in part because there is a wash-and-fold nearby (Meadowcrofts). Be advised that it did not code as a Hilton property on an Amex card.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All UK stays now cancellable on the day?

Is it just me (dodgy App) or do others see that they have the option to cancel a UK stay today on the day of arrival, or what would normally be a non-changeable/refundable rate for the next few days?

I have the button in the App when normally its blocked and says "this stay cannot be cancelled" even though the stay is definitely not changeable per the rate rules.

I wonder if it's related to the LHR strike.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I believe it was changed some time ago so you need to cancel at least the day before check-in. I recall some threads about this.

Call the hotel and explain the reason, if you need to cancel a stay tonight.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am aware of the policies. In the app I have the option to cancel (I don't wish to) and it shouldn't be there as I am after the canx deadline.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
I am aware of the policies. In the app I have the option to cancel (I don't wish to) and it shouldn't be there as I am after the canx deadline.
Is it doubletree dartford?….for some reason you can cancel up to 4pm on day of arrival there.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 3:27 am

Just noticed that during this current road trip I’m doing staying at uk Hilton’s I’ve noticed every booking has been cancelable on the day of arrival….interesting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.