Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in England and elsewhere in United Kingdom {GBR}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in England and elsewhere in United Kingdom {GBR}

Old Mar 24, 2001, 4:46 pm
GG
Original Poster

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in England and elsewhere in United Kingdom {GBR}

LexPassenger & I will be at a convention at the Hanover International Hotel, in Hinckley, Leicestershire, April 13-16. There are 2 Hiltons fairly close, say 9-12 miles. One is the Leicester Hilton; the other is the Coventry Hilton. Both have the same rate of 68 per room per night, with buffet breakfast included. The convention hotel is in the same price range, but the chance to make Hilton nights - or maybe use points to pay for the stay - is tempting.

From our Ordance Survey atlas, they seem about the same distance, although in opposite directions, from the convention hotel, which is just off the M69 at exit 1 (the A5, Watling St.). Does anyone have experience with either (or, even better, both) of these hotels?

Old Mar 25, 2001, 2:57 am
Gus

I live close-by but have not stayed at either, the Leicester Hilton was formerly a Stakis. Both are very easy to reach from the hotel in Hinckley, so if it will benefit your HH account it is no problem moving from one to the other.
Old Apr 15, 2001, 2:46 am
Gus

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton HHonors Hotels in England and United Kingdom

FROM 99gbp for two people for two nights plus dinner on the first night.
Rate code " 1G "
Offer valid until 28th May based on two adults bed and breakfast plus dinner on first night sharing a twin/double room.
Examples;
LHR 159 Lon Mews 189
Croydon 99 MAN 139
Mil Keyns 99 Edinb/Grosvener 139
5 Stars
Cardiff 139 Belfast 159
Cal Edin 169 Glasgow 189
Langham Hilt274 Lon Hilt 274

Advert in todays Mail On sunday
Old Apr 15, 2001, 5:43 am
DOC 2 BE

Originally posted by Gus:
FROM 99gbp for two people for two nights plus dinner on the first night.
Rate code " 1G "
Offer valid until 28th May based on two adults bed and breakfast plus dinner on first night sharing a twin/double room.
Examples;
LHR 159 Lon Mews 189
Croydon 99 MAN 139
Mil Keyns 99 Edinb/Grosvener 139
5 Stars
Cardiff 139 Belfast 159
Cal Edin 169 Glasgow 189
Langham Hilt274 Lon Hilt 274

Advert in todays Mail On sunday
Thanx Gus!

Could you keep us up to date for any summer UK and European promotions?

Thanx!

Old Apr 15, 2001, 6:04 pm
Gus

Doc2be
It would be a pleasure
Old Apr 15, 2001, 8:39 pm
DOC 2 BE

Originally posted by Gus:
Doc2be
It would be a pleasure
Most appreciated!

Old Apr 16, 2001, 9:07 am

Location: WashDC - AA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Cal Tort Burrito Elito
Would love to know how the London Mews, Langham Hilton and London Hilton compare, taking into account price difference with this offer. I'll be in London at end of May and would like to take advantage of this offer. Will be with my girlfriend, so would like to take romance into account in deciding which property - location seems fine on all three. Is extra money worth it for Langham or London Hilton? Will appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2001, 9:23 am

The Langham is defintely more atmospheric than the London Hilton, which is a modern business hotel. Can't speak for the Mews, as I haven't stayed there (yet).

The Langham has all the charm of a turn-of-the-(last)-century hotel, but with modern plumbing, beds, etc. The staff has always been super, too.
Old Apr 16, 2001, 1:03 pm
DOC 2 BE

Dear Gus,

I doubt that I will be able to take advantage of this offer, but just for clarity's sake, these are the prices per room for the entire 2 nights and not per person or per night? Rigt?

Also, do you know if these rates are entirely non-refundable or partially non-refundable, or fully refundable?

Thanx!

Old Apr 16, 2001, 1:54 pm

Location: WashDC - AA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Cal Tort Burrito Elito
Doc 2 Be,

I went and got a copy of yesterday's Daily Mail at a local Borders to see the ad myself, becuase when I called the HHonors line the agent couldn't find the special. When he punched in the code "1G" it did give a rate of, for example 137 GBP per night at the Langham which is equivalent to 274 GBP for two nights - but no dinner. The rate was nonrefundable.

Anyways, I got a copy of the ad, and it is for 2 persons for 2 nights sharing a twin/double room (FYI - the agent offered a king room on the 137 GBP rate). It also says full non-refundable payment due at time of booking - cancellation insurance available. Finally, some hotels are weekend only, others midweek, and some are 7 day availability.

There appear to be about 100 Hiltons listed throughout the UK. I may try calling the UK Hilton number which is listed as 08705 52 52 52. It says to call now "quoting 1G (Need we say more?)"

It turns out that a few other London hotels are listed too:

London Green Park
London Hyde Park
London Kensington
London Metropole
London Olympia
all at 189 GBP, with 7 day availability,

and London Islington at 169 GBP;

in addition to the previously listed LHR at 159, London Mews at 189, and Langham and London Hilton at 274 GBP.
Old Apr 16, 2001, 2:00 pm

Almost forgot my question - and thanks Kitty Hawk for info on the Langham, towards which I'm leaning since it does seem romantic, the more I check it out. The question is, now that basically the entire panoply of London Hiltons is potentially available is the Langham worth the extra 85 GBP for the two nights (or about 60 bucks a night). I'm betting it is, especially if I can get a king room, but am interested in any opinions. Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2001, 2:02 pm
Gus

Gatorboy
The Hilton London mews is OK, the rooms are a little small but the dining room is very pleasant for breakfast.
You can walk through a passage by the hotel into shepherds market which is a trendy part of Mayfair with some nice pubs and cafes.It is only about 50yds from the London Hilton where I believe you can use their fitness facilities.
Old Apr 16, 2001, 4:35 pm
DOC 2 BE

Thanx Gatorboy!

If you want to try the Langham for 1 night, then you may wish to follow the link and read my post on this promo for the Langham. It does not include dinner, but apparently neither does that rate. Moreover, the 137 GBP apparently does not include the VAT whereas the 160 GBP rate does, therefore there is probably no difference. Finally, this rate is FULLY REFUNDABLE in case you have to alter your plans! I think it can be reserved for only 1 night and only during a weekend, but it may give you a peek at the luxury and then decide to stay there at a later date for a more extended time!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/001591.html

Old Apr 16, 2001, 6:15 pm

Well I bit the bullet and went for a nonrefundable rate at the Langham - I know my plans won't be changing except in the event of some unfortunate circumstance. I tried reaching the UK number but it was busy each time I tried, so I called the US HHonors folks back and this time the agent found the promo. It still gets quoted as $137 GBP per night, but for two nights including dinner. She says it does include taxes - which I guess makes sense since its nonrefundable, and they're charging me the entire amount now. Dinner by the way is listed in her records as TDH/Carvery, but she didn't know which restaurant. (TDH I later found out is table d'hote, kind of like prix fixe.

She gave me a king room with a request for an upgrade (HH Gold), even though the ad specifies twin/double. I know we'll be much happier in a king.

FYI - the agent had no info on cancellation insurance as listed in the ad.

Thanks again to Gus for alerting us to this deal - I hope I'm not the only flyertalker to take advantage.
Old Apr 16, 2001, 6:55 pm
DOC 2 BE

Originally posted by gatorboy:
Well I bit the bullet and went for a nonrefundable rate at the Langham - I know my plans won't be changing except in the event of some unfortunate circumstance. I tried reaching the UK number but it was busy each time I tried, so I called the US HHonors folks back and this time the agent found the promo. It still gets quoted as $137 GBP per night, but for two nights including dinner. She says it does include taxes - which I guess makes sense since its nonrefundable, and they're charging me the entire amount now. Dinner by the way is listed in her records as TDH/Carvery, but she didn't know which restaurant. (TDH I later found out is table d'hote, kind of like prix fixe.

She gave me a king room with a request for an upgrade (HH Gold), even though the ad specifies twin/double. I know we'll be much happier in a king.

FYI - the agent had no info on cancellation insurance as listed in the ad.

Thanks again to Gus for alerting us to this deal - I hope I'm not the only flyertalker to take advantage.

Yes, thanx Gus!

The deal sounds great, aside from it being non-refundable.

Gator --

One thing. Don't assume in the future that a non-refundable includes taxes, as most DO NOT!! However, since this one does, and includes dinner as well, it appears to be a very good deal, indeed!

Please let me know your thoughts as I am to stay there one night in July.

Are you a Gold or above so you can perhaps request an upgrade and/or gain access to the Exec Lounge? If so, please report on this, as well!

Regards,

D2B

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.