Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in England and elsewhere in United Kingdom {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in England and elsewhere in United Kingdom {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2019, 1:41 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci
Definitely DT Chester

It is way above standard for a DT, and 1min away from the M53. Getting in and out of Liverpool will be a pain.

If you’re HH Diamond, the spa is free and it is excellent.
Great, thanks for the advice. Cookie and spa is probably a better idea on a school night than a lounge.
Old May 25, 2019, 10:08 am
cjd

Originally Posted by notakeenflyer

Great, thanks for the advice. Cookie and spa is probably a better idea on a school night than a lounge.
The Doubletree Chester is a great value hotel, especially for Diamonds. Request one of the rooms in the new wing and hopefully, they'll upgrade you to one of the King Deluxe rooms which are junior suites. Nice restaurant for the full breakfast, free parking and nice spa. Marco Pierre White restaurant is also very nice.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
The Hilton Liverpool City is crap but does have a lounge and parking is reasonably priced for the location, I would always pick the Doubletree Liverpool over the City Hilton if you want to stat in the City and it is normally cheaper and a lot better with easier access to the tunnel.

The Chester DT is in a nice location, out of the City and convenient for the road from Liverpool although you will be heading with traffic flow rather than against it. I would prefer it as a property to either of the Liverpool options (and you omitted the Hampton which is rarely cheap enough compared to the 2 full service properties, to be worthwhile).

I would go with the DT Chester if you the location works.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:11 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
how are UK Hiltons about adding additional bed to room for kid (eg. junior suite, Hilton Docklands Riverside?). I have reserved Junior Suite which says fits 2 Adults + 1 kid (sofa), but there is plenty of room for additional bed still.
So I wonder if they would make any problems to add bed or charge for additional bed? In other countries I visited, it was possible, as soon there was space, but I have no experience on UK ones. I am Diamond.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Any UK hilton room with private jacuzzi or similar? Or best room outside of a city?

Hi,

Pretty sure that the answer is no, but does any UK Hilton have an outdoor jacuzzi etc.

Looking for a really nice room ideally not in a city.

This is for a stay in the next month and probably want to avoid a city.

Does anything decent exist in the UK?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I’d like to hear about the backstory!
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I’d like to hear about the backstory!
​​​​​​ 😂 😂

Anniversary trip early next month.

Independent hotels seem not to have decent cancellation options on their websites.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:28 pm

I seem to remember some of the suites in Doubletree Cadbury House Bristol used to have these in the bedrooms.. not sure if they still do or not after a recent refurb though.. I know one of the suites has a table football in it though!
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:30 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Hmmmm....... Hilton Ageas bowl has an outside jacuzzi on the roof of the spa , although not private the few times I’ve used it I was apt he only one up there........ can’t think of any others, Doubletree Cambridge belfry has a jacuzzi bath in the suites .
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I’m imagining the opening scene of Charlie Wilson’s War...
lamphs likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
LGW Hilton also has a few Executive rooms in building 7 with a jacuzzi bath in the room (e.g. room 7319).
Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks.

I guess I need to find the best hotel room/suite in the UK outside of a city.

Forget the jacuzzi haha

Is there a posh hotel that I am not aware of etc....
Old Feb 25, 2022, 3:31 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Hiltons in UK with balconies

I am visiting UK next month for a holiday. I will be driving around UK from London going as far north as Leeds, visiting Wales and Cornwall as well as a few market towns dotted around the Midlands.

I now have to interrupt my holiday and work remotely for four days from a place in UK. I am a Diamond. I have never stayed frequently at any UK Hilton other than LGW where they might recognise past loyalty. But LGW Hilton doesn't really appeal!

I can basically stay at any UK Hilton but don't particularly want to go north of Leeds.

I am looking for the following:

- Base room should not cost more than £150 a night as I will struggle to claim back expenses above that or to get repaid if I book above base

- Hampton Inn is excluded due to poor quality breakfast

- Base room should have a balcony or terrace
- Chance of upgrade
I would check in on a Sunday and leave on a Thursday.

Which Hiltons should I consider?
Old Feb 25, 2022, 3:58 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by cargueiro
I am visiting UK next month for a holiday. I will be driving around UK from London going as far north as Leeds, visiting Wales and Cornwall as well as a few market towns dotted around the Midlands.

I now have to interrupt my holiday and work remotely for four days from a place in UK. I am a Diamond. I have never stayed frequently at any UK Hilton other than LGW where they might recognise past loyalty. But LGW Hilton doesn't really appeal!

I can basically stay at any UK Hilton but don't particularly want to go north of Leeds.

I am looking for the following:

- Base room should not cost more than £150 a night as I will struggle to claim back expenses above that or to get repaid if I book above base

- Hampton Inn is excluded due to poor quality breakfast

- Base room should have a balcony or terrace
- Chance of upgrade
I would check in on a Sunday and leave on a Thursday.

Which Hiltons should I consider?
I’m English and travel the uk a lot, if I was working remotely and wanted peace and quiet I think the Doubletree docklands riverside would be my choice.
Most rooms have balconies , some overlooking the river and it’s in a very quiet part of London , I’ve always requested a “ balcony room overlooking the river “ in the comments section and it’s not failed me yet.
The breakfast is decent and some nice walks too..... it’s also usually around £100 a night.
Winniesbestfriend likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 4:04 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by wizla
I’m English and travel the uk a lot, if I was working remotely and wanted peace and quiet I think the Doubletree docklands riverside would be my choice.
Most rooms have balconies , some overlooking the river and it’s in a very quiet part of London , I’ve always requested a “ balcony room overlooking the river “ in the comments section and it’s not failed me yet.
The breakfast is decent and some nice walks too..... it’s also usually around £100 a night.
That looks great actually thanks. I lived not far from there once upon a time so am drawn to the area too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.