Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in England and elsewhere in United Kingdom {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in England and elsewhere in United Kingdom {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2001, 9:35 am

Thanks for posting the info on this promo!

I'll be in scotland for several weeks in May and this is very timely. Edinburgh had availability only at the airport Hilton or Belford Hilton (69.5 GBP) (formerly National) for the variety of dates I checked. Glasgow Hilton (94.5 GBP per night) and Glasgow Grosvenor (69.5 GBP) had availability on all the days I checked there.

I was really hoping to get the Caledonian in Edinburgh at this rate. My hopes were dashed! The Belford rate is substantially better than my current reservation in Edi, but there were some pretty severe criticisms of this hotel on this board a few years back which has me hesitating to change over.
Old Apr 17, 2001, 12:29 pm
Original Member

By the way, this offer has been running since January, but has only recently been pushed in the national press, I guess because bookings are down.

Gatorboy

I've tried to find the review I thought I had posted on the Langham and the Kensington, but it looks like I never did ! Ahh well, all I can say is that the Langham is more than worth the extra money, both in terms of the hotel itself, the staff, and the location. We were upgraded to a huge corner suite, where as the Kensington could'nt even provide a non smoking room. This was not the first time that the kensington has disapointed me. Location wise, the Langham is an easy 5 min walk to Oxford street, or Regents park. To make you feel at home, there is even a starbucks across the street. Staff were very good at the langham, and we had access to the lounge. Note however, they were a bit funny about this, as they (like New York and Hawaii)make out that the exec level is not that, but 'a hotel within a hotel'.

ronamc

I guess you've read my posts from 1999 about the former Edinburgh Hilton now Belford. As far as Edinburgh is concerned, I would avoid all Hiltons and head for the Intercontinental. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum81/HTML/001469.html
Old Apr 18, 2001, 1:57 pm

Location: WashDC - AA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Cal Tort Burrito Elito
Tim_T, thanks for the info on the Langham - I can only hope that I get a nice corner suite. I am HH Gold so I'll be asking. D2B I'll post a report upon my return.

Gatorboy
Old Apr 30, 2001, 2:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, BA Blue
Hilton HHonors Properties in the United Kingdom

Has anyone discovered any UK based agencies offering good deals on rates.I personally use Hotelconnections in Dunblane,Scotland.(www.hotelconnections.co.uk 44-1786 825 407)
eg EDI Airport £40 B+B for 2.I know that the Hilton sales centre and Hotel Reservations can't touch these rates.
So is there others out there???
Old May 2, 2001, 8:07 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
TRY CALLING THE 800 HILTON NUMBER AND ASKING FOR THE PREPAY RATE. IT IS NON-REFUNDABLE AND YOUR CARD IS BILLED AS SOON AS RES IS MADE.

IMO, THESE HAVE BEEN VERY GOOD RATES AT HILTONS, CHEAPER THAN WEBSITES OR TRAVEL AGENCIES.

Old May 2, 2001, 10:30 am
SST

Yes, Willie, you cite a good deal. Unfortunately, have you ever tried to book these? MAn, if they offer it to you, take it on the spot, and adjust your other travel plans accordingly later. If you wait, as I have, for just one evening, THEY DISAPPEAR and the Hilton CSRs deny that any such rate even exists.

I'm not talking one hotel, one night. I'm referring to trying to book ANY hotel in London (other than Wembley), for the two weeks' duration of my trip, for any combination of nights.

Hilton has gotten to be such a game-playing trip on reservations that I'm tempted to just skip them most of the time in my hunts for either business or leisure. The only other alternative is to call back again and again and again. Life's too short.
Old May 2, 2001, 10:36 am
In Memoriam

I booked a prepay rate in Scotland last year through Hilton's internet site and got a ridiculous rate of something like 49BP/night. I felt that rate was worth the risk of prepaying.
Old May 2, 2001, 11:17 am
Original Member

Programs: CO Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz President's Circle
speaking of scotland, i've got a rate of 29GBP for the night of 10jun01 at aberdeen's hilton treetops. my other nights of 8jun & 9jun are at 35GBP.

these were booked at hilton's website.

[This message has been edited by MileCrazy (edited 05-02-2001).]
Old May 2, 2001, 4:23 pm

http://www.hilton.com/specials/escapeaways/index.htm
Old Jul 9, 2001, 11:34 am
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Hilton UK & Ireland Offers :)

You've probably already booked your two weeks in the sun, but
thanks to Hilton hotels you can now have a summer short break in
the UK & Ireland too.

With Hilton's summer prices you can go on a short break for as
little as GBP25 per person per night. And with a choice of 75 four
and five star hotels in the UK & Ireland, you're spoilt for choice.

If you want to take it easy, why not go fishing at the Hilton
Dunkeld House in Scotland, set on the river Tay? Or if the buzz
of the city is what you're after, Hilton has hotels in every major
city, including London, Dublin, Edinburgh, Belfast and Cardiff.
One thing we can't guarantee is sunny weather, but to be honest,
with these prices it really won't matter.

To make a reservation call 08705 525252 and quote '6X'. Or visit:
http://www.hilton.com/uk

Terms and conditions:

1: Offer valid until 31st August 2001
2: Prices are per person per night and are based on two adults
sharing a twin/double room for a minimum of two nights
including breakfast
3: Prices subject to availability and an allocation of rooms for
this promotion
4: Full non-refundable prepayment is required at time of booking

Old Aug 30, 2001, 10:06 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Hilton UK Up 33%

From FT.com

[B]Hilton, the hotel and gaming group, reported on Thursday a 33 per cent rise in first-half pre-tax profits and said it was optimistic about the future despite the economic downturn.

The group said for the six months to June 30, pre-tax profit before exceptionals and goodwill, rose to £144.3m ($209.5m) from £108.8m. Hilton International profits were up to £126.3m compared with £111m last time.

The company said: "Despite the inevitable effect that economic uncertainty will have on Hilton International's trading in the short term, the excellent condition of our estate, the accelerating rate of new openings and the potential of the Scandic integration gives genuine cause for optimism."

The group's Ladbroke Betting and Gaming arm also contributed to the strong performance, particularly in Europe. Profits at the gaming unit increased by 24.4 per cent, despite the effects of the foot-and-mouth outbreak in the UK. Hilton also said it expected strong growth in eGaming, the internet betting business.

Hilton said the integration of Scandic Hotels, the Swedish hotel chain which it bought earlier this year, was on track and the rebranding programme was already under way.

Turnover for the six months was flat at £1.91bn compared with £1.93bn. The dividend rose 3.4p from 3.24p last time.

Hilton also said Sir Ian Robinson would succeed John Jackson as chairman on October 1 2001.

Hilton shares were up 2-3/4p at 244-1/2p in early morning trading in London.[\b]
Old Sep 1, 2001, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh my goodness. I thought you were refering to the room rate.

MisterNice
Old Jan 26, 2002, 4:36 am
Gus

UK Deals, singles welcome

organised by Hilton Hotels, you can only book on 0800-856-8001 quote BO.
also includes thousands of Single rooms or twins for single occupancy in Jan Feb March.
Prices start from 48gbp per person for two nights with 3 and 4 night breaks also available.Price includes full breakfast together with one dinner on two or three night breaks and 2 dinners on 4 nights break.
eg Jan Feb Mar
Lon Heathw 38 38 38
metrople 38 45 45
Padd n/a n/a 45
Langham 69 69 69
Lon Hilton 69 69 69
Bath 28 33 38
Birm Metro 28 28 28
Hilton Glasgw 38 43 47
Caledo'n Edin 47 57 57
Many more hotels available,
All hotel rates include VAT. the offer is for a minimum of two and maximum of 4 nights on a B&B basis with one dinner on 2 and 3 night breaks 2 dinners on 4.
I believe that works out at 138 gbp for two nights B&B with dinner on one evening at the London Hilton for each person subject to availability.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 7:04 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, BA Blue
Please note this rate is for guests aged over 50. I called up about this rate and they told me it is for Saga members who are over 50.
Helpful agent told me the same sort of deal but slightly more expensive is available to all( Rate code 9W) or 1F if booking on Hilton.com

Alan
Old Feb 10, 2002, 2:32 pm

Southampton - Jersey any ideas?

I'm going to the Channel Islands for some family business - any ideas on where to stay? I'm only going to be on Jersey for a day or two. Should I stay on the island? Are there any Hilton properties? Can I get back and forth to London in a day? Should I stay in Southampton? Thanks for any help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.