Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2017, 12:48 pm

Any updates on the lounge offerings? Just booked this hotel for a one night stay next week and I'm quite alarmed with the last picture in this thread...
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by fre_82
Any updates on the lounge offerings? Just booked this hotel for a one night stay next week and I'm quite alarmed with the last picture in this thread...
Let us know

There in a weeks time.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Originally Posted by fre_82
I was there last weekend.

The afternoon tea is still pretty good with a choice of 3 sandwiches, some very tasty scones and a few other mini deserts.

The evening canapes (4 types) are still being brought to your table. They were proactively offered and quite nice but I preferred the old buffet arrangement. There was also some cheese, cold cuts and crackers available. The booze was ok with some drinkable prosecco and a few half decent spirits.

The rest of the day, the usual soft drinks and cookies were available.

I took breakfast in the restaurant so can't comment on the lounge offering.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by davrossuk
I was there last weekend.

The afternoon tea is still pretty good with a choice of 3 sandwiches, some very tasty scones and a few other mini deserts.

The evening canapes (4 types) are still being brought to your table. They were proactively offered and quite nice but I preferred the old buffet arrangement. There was also some cheese, cold cuts and crackers available. The booze was ok with some drinkable prosecco and a few half decent spirits.

The rest of the day, the usual soft drinks and cookies were available.

I took breakfast in the restaurant so can't comment on the lounge offering.
Sitting here at this moment in the lounge. Still some very watery eggs, nice selection of bread,pastries and fruit. Also a sign stating if you want an omelette, waffle, etc 10 pound surcharge.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12
Sitting here at this moment in the lounge. Still some very watery eggs, nice selection of bread,pastries and fruit. Also a sign stating if you want an omelette, waffle, etc 10 pound surcharge.
Sounds better in the main restaurant.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
We was at Conrad St James 2 weeks ago and we took breakfast in the main restaurant and it was the highlight of our stay.

Infact it was one of the best breakfasts we have ever had at any Hilton / Conrad, great food, attentive staff.

We found Executive lounge disappointing on all levels and would not go there for breakfast, i recommend you try the restaurant.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by PaulH1
We found Executive lounge disappointing on all levels and would not go there for breakfast, i recommend you try the restaurant.
Agreed. When we stayed there we walked into and then out of the EL at breakfast in a matter of seconds. The offering at the main restaurant was an order of magnitude better than the disappointment of the lounge.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12
Go to the restaurant
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:46 pm

Breakfast

Agreed! I am also here right now..small world and after eating breakfast in the restaurant and then swinging by the lounge to check it out, they can't compare.

The granola in the restaurant is amazing, thanks for the tip everyone.

Also the afternoon Tea was alright, some cucumber sandwhiches and such with some Creme puffs. The evening spread was disappoint IMHO but I didn't stay around to see what they brought to my table.

Diamond Old Points+cash res, upgraded to king deluxe.

Feel free to ask any other questions and I'll try and answer. The premium internet is amazing if you get it free as diamond 50mb down 50mb up!
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
Maybe they don't have anymore, but when I was there, as a Diamond, you could have a room service breakfast with just about anything you wanted for only a very minimal service charge. It was a great deal.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cbusdavid
The premium internet is amazing if you get it free as diamond 50mb down 50mb up!
Is the premium Internet via surname and room number or does it require a code?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by HookEm
Maybe they don't have anymore, but when I was there, as a Diamond, you could have a room service breakfast with just about anything you wanted for only a very minimal service charge. It was a great deal.
They still do that.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Is the premium Internet via surname and room number or does it require a code?
It requires a code that rotates. I just asked the front desk and they gave it to me after I told them I was a diamond member.

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
They still do that.
Really?! Awesome I'll call the front desk and ask pulling the ole' "my friend told me about the room service benifit" and see what they say.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Any tips on getting the best from our stay?

I think you can request different toiletries. Is that in advance or from room service?
​​
Any other tips on what one can request? If anything.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Any tips on getting the best from our stay?

I think you can request different toiletries. Is that in advance or from room service?
​​
Any other tips on what one can request? If anything.
Best tip I can be is spend as little time as possible at the hotel. Went to breakfast in the restaurant after having it at the lounge. Yes, selection is better, but the eggs looked to be from powdered!? Nice selection of fruits and pastries/cereals. Don't understand the fascination with the granola it was meh. Do have sausages and some over cooked hashbrowns and undercooked "English" bacon. Did breakfast once in lounge and once in restaurant. After this went exploring cafe rendezvous, on palmer st is nice and inexpensive for breakfast. As far as amenities go, download the app and you can use the concierge/housekeeping app to request amenities, turndown service and such. Don't recommend the free shoe shine service since my shoes came back looking exactly the same.
Unless you are on business and tied to the hotel,
I would not recommend making any effort to spend a significant time in the lounge for tea or canapés. To many good cafes in London and the surrounding areas to visit with much better offerings. Lounge is nice to come back to after being out and about all day and have a little rest and some tea before heading out for a nice meal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.