Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2017, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
I thought there are only 4 kinds of toiletries in Conrad. I always request Shanghai Tang and sometimes Refinery.

I requested Conrad toy when I called house keeping to ask for toiletries. I asked for Conrad bear and was told that in London it's dog. It would be more useful if it was the size of the bear. Now it doesn't match my collection. But it's a nice reminder of my stay.
I got all of those in my 27 plus some Molton Brown (I already had the purple ones- the 27 were in addition)
Old Feb 19, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Booked two nights in August, but am concerned about the reported lounge downgrades. I have a backup in case things aren't sufficiently better by then. Yes, I know that the lounge offer is only one of many factors in the choice of a hotel, it's a big reason why I choose Conrads when outside the US.

Originally Posted by jdtravels
II was lucky enough to come across this promotion at the right time.
Do you still get HH points and stay credit if booked through the Visa Signature program?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Stripe
Booked two nights in August, but am concerned about the reported lounge downgrades. I have a backup in case things aren't sufficiently better by then. Yes, I know that the lounge offer is only one of many factors in the choice of a hotel, it's a big reason why I choose Conrads when outside the US.
Lounge was fine last week
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Lounge was fine last week
Did you manage to check out the evening canape's and, if so, were they back to the usual buffet-style arrangement?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by davrossuk
Did you manage to check out the evening canape's and, if so, were they back to the usual buffet-style arrangement?
Still delivered to you at the table.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Rewards Spire Ambassador
Still canapés at the table tonight. However, the service is great. I didn't particularly like the wine I had so the chap in charge asked what kind of wine we might like and I said Pinot Noir, and next thing we had a personal bottle of Te Kairanaga (where, coincidentally, I was when I was in NZ back in January). Also, pleased to report that a quick note on Conrad Concierge (now on the Hilton App) and they have arranged for Monty the Conrad Dog (who is fairly big) to come back with me to his forever home...
Old Feb 25, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
That is great news, seat1C. I'll be there in a few weeks and will report back.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Narrowed my 3 night anniversary stay down to the Conrad or the Waldorf.

Waldorf:

Junior Suite is £367 or £284 in advance 'stay longer' rate
Astor Suite is £513 or £316 in advance 'stay longer' rate

Conrad:

A one bedroom suite for £354 under their third night free offer.

So an extra £48 per night for a conrad suite over the Astor suite or £70 over a junior suite.

Apart from poor comments about the lounge recently I am torn between the two.....

Is the conrad really worth the extra?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I was back at Conrad St James yesterday.

It could be a really special but the lounge is just not up to scratch which is an important part of a stay to us

Breakfast was fantastic downstairs in Blue Boar though one of our best breakfast experiences.

One bedroom suites are really nice I would personally go for a courtyard facing , no view but they very quiet and ensure a peaceful nights sleep.

We had to move rooms in the middle of the night on 2 occasions with the street facing rooms, they were very noisy plus there is building work going on to adjacent building at the moment with noisy cranes and workmen / vehicles even early on a Saturday morning

If the hotel could get the lounge in order it would be 5 star but to be honest the lounge was really bad.

Last edited by PaulH1; Mar 5, 2017 at 9:00 am
Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks - could you let me know the issues currently with the lounge?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Had one of the worst hotel experiences I've ever had at a hotel here, I won't go into all the details cause after the fact the hotel gave me a gift of points that went above and beyond , rooms are very nice, lounge is disappointing in a major way ( I like to chooose what I want not be given plates of food I won't eat that just get wasted )

Would i stay again, highly unlikely
Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I have listed a few comparisons on the Hilton Bankside forum earlier today if you wish to take a look.

I made comparisons between these two hotels purely because i stayed at Bankside last weekend and Conrad St James this weekend.

If the lounge is not important to you i think you will enjoy yourself hotel is in a great location next to St James park and I think you will be impressed by the one bedroom suites they are modern and very luxurious.

However the lounge is an important part of our London weekend stays and as far as we are concerned it was the worst lounge of any 5 star hotel we have ever had.

Last edited by PaulH1; Mar 5, 2017 at 11:35 am
Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks all - the lounge is very important, especially as I will be gone for a few hours on our anniversary!!

Just trying to find a nice hotel, with a nice room and a decent lounge. Is it too much to ask?

After all the lounge is a feature of the suites, so very surprised by what I am reading.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Although the suites describe the evening offering as 'evening cocktails with canapes'. Maybe that is accurate now?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Although the suites describe the evening offering as 'evening cocktails with canapes'. Maybe that is accurate now?
Mate, I would choose the Waldorf over Conrad, the lounge whilst does get busy is better .....the only thing I like better at the Conrad is the breakfast, whilst the Waldorf breakfast is good the homemade granola at Conrad is amazing!.
The Waldorf also has a great gym pool sauna and steam room, perfect to relax in before an evening in the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.