Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty

Originally Posted by henry999
Without a doubt, this is the best Hilton Group property in London
Please quote accurately. I did not say this; HfP did.

Originally Posted by henry999
For what it's worth, the well-respected Head for Points says

Without a doubt, this is the best Hilton Group property in London
Old Dec 28, 2019, 3:46 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by wantan
What would you suggest as an alternative ?
The best London hotels aren't part of a loyalty programme as such but as I said Bankside is probably the best Hilton and offers value for money but the location isn't for everyone.

If lounge access/free breakfast from a loyalty programme is what you are looking for then most will leave you wanting.

Marriott has a few good options - Edition is a nice property but might as well not be a Marriott when it comes to benefits, St Pancreas Ren only gives Titanium and above lounge access and other properties are similar stories no lounge or no breakfast etc

The IC O2 is good but not central London at all, The IC Park Lane is going through a good refurbishment but I wouldn't rush back until its completely finished (because entry room price is all I would be willing to pay for this place), will be trying out the Kimpton soon as it gets decent reviews.

Last edited by TGLoyalty; Dec 28, 2019 at 3:52 am
Old Dec 28, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
The best London hotels aren't part of a loyalty programme as such but as I said Bankside is probably the best Hilton and offers value for money but the location isn't for everyone.

If lounge access/free breakfast from a loyalty programme is what you are looking for then most will leave you wanting.

Marriott has a few good options - Edition is a nice property but might as well not be a Marriott when it comes to benefits, St Pancreas Ren only gives Titanium and above lounge access and other properties are similar stories no lounge or no breakfast etc

The IC O2 is good but not central London at all, The IC Park Lane is going through a good refurbishment but I wouldn't rush back until its completely finished (because entry room price is all I would be willing to pay for this place), will be trying out the Kimpton soon as it gets decent reviews.
From a lounge perspective, I’ve found the JW in London to be my favorite- better than Bankside and the other Hilton properties, and head and shoulders above the other London Marriott’s I’ve stayed in.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
Had an excellent two night stay before Xmas, our third time at the property. Through some good fortune (and some not, we will spare blushes) we were upgraded to the 1 Bedroom Conrad Suite. Aside from the confusing lighting, suite was beautifully appointed, vast, the private elevator was a fun addition too. Gifts for the kids was a nice touch and the Harry Potter book and wand for the eldest went down very well.

lounge was a letdown on breakfast the first day as it seems quite a few options have been downgraded and the quality wasn’t the same. Went to the restaurant as the front desk recommended and was pleasantly surprised. Better and more options, more space, friendly servers and a step up over the lounge. Lou he was good at canapés.

overall not the most personalized stay but very solid, far friendlier than I ever get at Conrad Chicago. I enjoy the location and a hotel I’d continue to recommend, particularly for families.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 5:10 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Newer posts for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

OPEN THREAD for Conrad London St James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.