Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Note that the station is exit only from 8.00am - 9.30am Monday to Friday until mid August due to works on one entrance.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
When we were there for spring break we ate breakfast every day in the lounge, somehow it just seemed faster than the restaurant. We usually got back in time for evening lounge, but I was always annoyed that they didn't serve chardonnay! Although, the glass diet coke bottles were a God send.

i really did love the location, close to all the action, yet on a quiet street.It was also far away from the Trafalgar square tourist scene, which I felt we would have been around had we stayed at the St. James.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Blue Soon, HH Diamond, SQ PPS Solitaire, EK Plat,
2 BR Suite

Does anyone have any experience of the two bedroom suite at this property? Is it a true suite or just connecting rooms? Seems like it might be a suite with a connecting room already arranged but can't tell.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I have not had the experience at this property but the handful of two bedroom suites i have seen in proper hotels (vs an extended stay place) have all been a 1 bedroom suite with a connecting room. Think about it- it gives the property much more flexibility.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Anyone happens to know who to contact at this property about an upcoming stay? General reservations email seems to be unresponsive. TIA
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: BA Blue Soon, HH Diamond, SQ PPS Solitaire, EK Plat,
I would call this property if you want to get anywhere. a month or so ago I was going back and forth with them and they were replying but it probably took up to a day for each reply. Not a big deal as the booking was far in advance. Ended up booking elsewhere in the end.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by invalyd
Anyone happens to know who to contact at this property about an upcoming stay? General reservations email seems to be unresponsive. TIA
I have two addresses from a previous stay:

[email protected]
[email protected]
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SDUKAG
I would call this property if you want to get anywhere. a month or so ago I was going back and forth with them and they were replying but it probably took up to a day for each reply. Not a big deal as the booking was far in advance. Ended up booking elsewhere in the end.
Thank you, my experience was similar to yours in that they eventually responded but took their time.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Very nice property....but it feels more like a 5 star fancy boutique hotel / curio collection than a huge Conrad. If you are used to the sleek skyscraper Conrad hotels with 30 or more floors, huge lobbys, high ceilings, swimming pools, massive windows, ferrari cars parked at the entrance, and fantastic city views....the London property will feel very different. It's not a bad hotel in any sense of the word....just very different than most other Conrads around the world.

Something important to remember when considering this hotel:
None of the rooms have much of a view of anything as hotel is only 6 floors high and it's in a very quiet residential area very near to Buckingham palace (where the queen lives). Location wise it's great....but beware of the "inner courtyard" facing rooms. I feel sorry for those guests who pay more than 300 GBP per night just to look out onto a small enclosed space with nothing but walls and other hotel room windows. At least the outside facing rooms give you a view of the street and people passing by.

The fancy & expensive Hilton "Bankside" in London has the same exact problem with dozens of rooms having the dreaded inner courtyard view.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Sep 23, 2019 at 3:47 am
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
It's not a bad hotel in any sense of the word....just very different than most other Conrads around the world.
For what it's worth, the well-respected Head for Points says

Without a doubt, this is the best Hilton Group property in London
Old Sep 23, 2019, 3:38 am

There is no egg station at breakfast at this hotel and only scrambled eggs are on offer at the buffet.
If you want eggs any other way you have to order them off the menu and pay extra. It's not cheap either. Between 10 and 15 GBP per item depending on what you order.

I'm not sure if Diamond members get any extra menu items for free or not. Some other hilton & doubletree properties in London offer diamond members extra menu items at breakfast for free (such as omlettes, pancakes, etc) but at the breakfast area at the Conrad we were given no guidance in this regard, so I'm assuming you have to pay.

However, perhaps people having breakfast inside the lounge do not have to pay for extra breakfast items. Perhaps someone else who has stayed here can clarify this.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Sep 23, 2019 at 3:51 am
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
There is no egg station at breakfast at this hotel and only scrambled eggs are on offer at the buffet.
If you want eggs any other way you have to order them off the menu and pay extra. It's not cheap either. Between 10 and 15 GBP per item depending on what you order.
Stayed a few weeks ago. If I recall correctly, cooked-to-order eggs, including omelettes, were included in the cost of buffet breakfast at Blue Boar. Only more "elaborate" dishes (e.g., eggs Benedict, waffles, etc.) incurred an additional charge, as described on menu.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Service here is top notch, staff went above and beyond to do more than what was asked.
Highly recommended - you rarely see this level of customer service at hotels these days, sadly..
Old Sep 24, 2019, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by izzik
Service here is top notch, staff went above and beyond to do more than what was asked.
Highly recommended - you rarely see this level of customer service at hotels these days, sadly..

I myself found it a bit hit and miss to be honest, and reading the comments in previous pages on this thread it seems to be quite random whether you have good or bad service, which was my experience as well.

GOOD:

-Reception staff were accomodating with our specific room type requests, and late check-out was no problem

-Evening turn-down service at the Conard was done to a good standard without me having to ask for it. Sadly, many fancy 5 star hotels in London either forget, or do not do it at all, which not acceptable for the insane prices they charge. Two of the most "fancy" and expensive hilton properties in London (Hilton bankside and Hilton Park Lane) did NOT do evening turn-down at all while I was staying.

-Lounge staff & room serice were helpful with special requests

-Every member of staff greeted us in hallways and at the lobby and some took a personal interest. Generally a very professional attitude overall.

BAD:

-At check-in the reception staff did not give us a welcome letter with our diamond benefits, and also forgot to give us the postcard with the lounge opening and food times.

-Our luggage was forgotten for an hour at reception after check-in, and I had to call them afterwards to have them bring it to our room. I had to describe it to them as well, as they could not remember which was ours, and we didn't get luggage receipts on arrival.

-Various members of breakfast waiting staff kept walking right past our table despite us having finished food on our plates and the drinks in our glasses for more than 20 minutes.

-Breakfast staff did not explain the rules & pricing with ordering extra items from the menu

-Invoice/Bill was printed on plain paper instead of official hotel stationery

Last edited by est-gratuite; Sep 24, 2019 at 8:07 am
Old Sep 24, 2019, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by henry999
For what it's worth, the well-respected Head for Points says

Without a doubt, this is the best Hilton Group property in London
Not true the Bankside is the best Hilton in London the Conrad is good but room for room and facility to facility the Bankside is better.

i am surprised Rob thinks the Conrad is better as he has a known swimming pool fetish

i haven’t stayed here a lot since the switch from IC because it is normally in the wrong part of town for me and comes in at a lot more than Bankside on my Corp rate for no discernible added benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.