Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Stayed here last night, had an event to attend at 6, but made an effort to check out evening reception offerings. Booze as usual. Setup of cheeses/crackers/bread self-serve. A listing of canapés was displayed, but instead of setting them out, the EL staff would ask you wanted them, then serve you with a multi-tiered tray. I didn't get to have a close look, but seemed ok. I took a pic of listing, will try & post when I have a better setup.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Anyone know if they still offer afternoon tea in the lounge?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by davrossuk
Anyone know if they still offer afternoon tea in the lounge?
Certainly. and there's an assortment of finger sandwiches and 2-3 types of scones.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
jdtravels thank you for detailed review. I could never find the reason to stay at Conrad as I worked across the street but finally can try it on weekend night out.

How do you use Bluetooth in the room, just press the button above the BT/USB port visible on picture?
-------------------------------------

Update after stay.

My chosen room wasn't available (6th floor, street view, King Grand Deluxe), I was assigned room without any view. I asked for different room facing the street but was told it's being painted right now and they don't know when it will be ready. I wasn't happy with it and asked to be upgraded to better room. Got executive with courtyard view. Room itself of good standard and size. I couldn't make Bluetooth work which was a bit disappointing. USB socket didn't work either. There was no Information book you would expect to find somewhere around the desk, only Room Service Menu. I wanted to see if there's any explanation of Bluetooth and what other amenities are available.

Lounge as described, during Canape Time 17.30-19.30 extra food was offered by staff and brought to the table. They offered another set but we didn't have time. I would prefer to have it from buffet, then I could choose what I want and be done with it. Breakfast was my worst Conrad ever. I usually look forward to Conrad breakfasts but it was disappointment. I decided to have it in lounge as I was told food is the same as in restaurant. Extra food a la carte £10 so had buffet. Scrambled eggs were awful and I don't think there was a lot of eggs in it. Also there was no tea bags, only lose tea. Maybe you have to ask for teabags, I don't know.

In general, room 8/10, lounge look and feel 8/10, food 3/10. Considering the price, very poor value for money but all hotels in the area were expensive as I booked one day before weekend.

I was surprised by the size of Conrad toy, the dog.

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Feb 10, 2017 at 3:35 am
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Certainly. and there's an assortment of finger sandwiches and 2-3 types of scones.
What time is the afternoon tea served, and is this also offered during the weekend ?

Thanks
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by drmish1
What time is the afternoon tea served, and is this also offered during the weekend ?

Thanks
3-5pm, including on weekends.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
3-5pm, including on weekends.
Excellent.... thanks

Any more info on what is on offer / is it buffet style, or do you order and brought to you?

Also, what are the timings of the other lounge food / beverage offerings please?

Many thanks
Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by drmish1
Excellent.... thanks

Any more info on what is on offer / is it buffet style, or do you order and brought to you?

Also, what are the timings of the other lounge food / beverage offerings please?

Many thanks
As described recently above, there are various sandwiches & scones set out. Only the canapes for evening reception are brought to you, 5:30-7:30pm. Breakfast is in the morning, I think it starts 6:30am on weekdays, 7am on weekends.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:56 am

I have stayed dozens of time including 3 x this week. I have never had a conrad dog!
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
I have stayed dozens of time including 3 x this week. I have never had a conrad dog!
Recent addition, and one must ask for it. Some EL staff weren't aware that it existed when I stayed early January.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:09 am

Do you know that you can request other toiletries including molton brown?

I got sent 27 bottles to my room 3 weeks ago. I used 1
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:11 am

Do you know that you can request other toiletries including molten brown?

I do that frequently, although only one variety so as not to get 27 bottles(!)
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:11 am

I want a dog! I am there again in 2 weeks time I think and will get one
Old Feb 9, 2017, 5:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Do you know that you can request other toiletries including molton brown?

Didn't realize they still had Molton Brown. They used to stock it in certain rooms, but I hadn't seen it in the past couple of stays. That's great if you can request.

Thanks for the tip.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I thought there are only 4 kinds of toiletries in Conrad. I always request Shanghai Tang and sometimes Refinery.

I requested Conrad toy when I called house keeping to ask for toiletries. I asked for Conrad bear and was told that in London it's dog. It would be more useful if it was the size of the bear. Now it doesn't match my collection. But it's a nice reminder of my stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.