Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2016, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
The lounge is available to you and one other in your room. Pretty standard arrangements.

The extra charge cook to order stuff is a small menu that is on the counter in the lounge. As I recall it is only 4 or 6 items.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 5:57 pm

Yes, the staff that checked us in did tell us the breakfast was included and we could have it either in the restaurant or the lounge.

Originally Posted by EDIer
Thanks for this - is breakfast openly offered for free to yourself as a Diamond, in both the restaurant (and lounge) during checkin? Many thanks.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by apple1122
I just stayed at Conrad London 2 weeks ago and had breakfast in the restaurant. ordered the cooked/fried eggs and didn't get charged for anything. I think anything else than the eggs will get charged?
Just finished a 9 night stay there and I think that's correct.

While I didn't order anything, I overheard the waiter saying one could order different type of eggs, but anything else off the a la carte menu would incur a 10GBP charge. Not sure about omlettes, but my guess from the way he said it was that the up-charge would apply.

Stay was great. Upgraded to a King Exec upon arrival and it was ready (11AM), so all good.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, Honors Gold
Originally Posted by stanj
Just finished a 9 night stay there and I think that's correct.

While I didn't order anything, I overheard the waiter saying one could order different type of eggs, but anything else off the a la carte menu would incur a 10GBP charge. Not sure about omlettes, but my guess from the way he said it was that the up-charge would apply.

Stay was great. Upgraded to a King Exec upon arrival and it was ready (11AM), so all good.
9 nights, ace, lucky you! (assuming there was some leisure time and not all work related!)
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
9 nights, ace, lucky you! (assuming there was some leisure time and not all work related!)
All leisure! It was a great stay. Usually we end up moving at least once, but this time was able to hobble together free night cert, fifth night free award, and points/money.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 5:59 am

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
Recent stay 15/10/16

Stayed here two weekends ago for a birthday treat.
Was gutted I arrived late and missed the chance for a few glasses of JW black in the lounge.
Assuming this is still on offer, last stay was December 2014

Received some welcome treats and was upgraded two categories I believe. room spotless and staff all very welcoming.

32,000 HH points and £98 well spent.

Having read some comments about the chargeable items in the lounge I managed to snap the following and thought would share.

Why I chose the exec lounge over the restaurant for breakfast I dont know

Since my stay nearly 2 years ago I always wanted to give the roast a try here and for the foodies among us.

The roast beef (only option) was worth the wait. and reasonable I thought at £15.99

Old Oct 28, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Honors Gold
Originally Posted by tynmar
Stayed here two weekends ago for a birthday treat.
Was gutted I arrived late and missed the chance for a few glasses of JW black in the lounge.
Assuming this is still on offer, last stay was December 2014

Received some welcome treats and was upgraded two categories I believe. room spotless and staff all very welcoming.

32,000 HH points and £98 well spent.

Having read some comments about the chargeable items in the lounge I managed to snap the following and thought would share.

Why I chose the exec lounge over the restaurant for breakfast I dont know

Since my stay nearly 2 years ago I always wanted to give the roast a try here and for the foodies among us.

The roast beef (only option) was worth the wait. and reasonable I thought at £15.99

Very helpful - thank you.

I trust the £10 menu is only for the main restaurant? Thus no extra charges in the Exec Lounge for breakfast etc?

Does anyone (especially Diamonds) ever challenge this petty breakfast extra at checkout? Am I alone in thinking this is a rare occurrence (I've certainly not come across it before, as Gold or Diamond, and I've stayed in much superior Conrads, e.g. Tokyo)
Old Oct 28, 2016, 4:26 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Very helpful - thank you.

I trust the £10 menu is only for the main restaurant? Thus no extra charges in the Exec Lounge for breakfast etc?

Does anyone (especially Diamonds) ever challenge this petty breakfast extra at checkout? Am I alone in thinking this is a rare occurrence (I've certainly not come across it before, as Gold or Diamond, and I've stayed in much superior Conrads, e.g. Tokyo)
The sign and fees you see are from the lounge not restaurant. In addition to the £ 10 fee, I was charged 12.5% tip as well for each item.

Restaurant should have more items for free but some egg dishes and other cooked to order also extra here.

HTH.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 11:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
Has anyone gotten a stuffed animal recently from this Conrad?
Old Oct 29, 2016, 11:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jdtravels
Has anyone gotten a stuffed animal recently from this Conrad?
Never.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 11:40 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I've just booked a stay here (my first time) for next year. I am diamond and my husband is gold, but we booked it on points from his gold account. I did call the diamond desk and they noted my status on the res but I'm wondering if they will notice it. Thinking specifically about a better upgrade, here. Should I rebook it from my account or is the notation sufficient?

Also, we are fairly flush with points but does this hotel look down on points bookings? It was 80k per night but I can do a C&P for 32K + £114. What is better value and would they look more favorably on a C&P booking over straight points?
Old Oct 30, 2016, 6:11 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by Finkface
I've just booked a stay here (my first time) for next year. I am diamond and my husband is gold, but we booked it on points from his gold account. I did call the diamond desk and they noted my status on the res but I'm wondering if they will notice it. Thinking specifically about a better upgrade, here. Should I rebook it from my account or is the notation sufficient?

Also, we are fairly flush with points but does this hotel look down on points bookings? It was 80k per night but I can do a C&P for 32K + £114. What is better value and would they look more favorably on a C&P booking over straight points?
They treat every booking the same, I've booked on cash alone, cash and points and just points over the last two years and can say they treat me the same (very good) each time, so no difference.

Can't comment on status issues you ask about re diamond / gold, sorry.

Have a great stay.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond

I've stayed several times on points, and had no issues with upgrades, or services rendered.

I don't know if comments about you being a HHD will be something actually noted as far as benefits are concerned given that the reservation is from your husband's Gold account. If you want to ensure Diamond benefits, I would recommend booking through your account.

Finally, I would definitely do C+P vs. 80K points. The 48K saved, IMHO, is worth more than £114.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Thanks to you both. I'll cancel his and rebook a P&C from my account. It's our 25th anniversary as well, so hopefully that will hold some sway with them. We were going to do the Savoy as I have a free night cert plus Fairmont status but then I read about the dress code, even just to walk across the lobby, and the stuffiness so I switched to the Conrad and am quite excited. BotB's excellent trip reports and photos sealed the deal for me.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Thanks to you both. I'll cancel his and rebook a P&C from my account. It's our 25th anniversary as well, so hopefully that will hold some sway with them. We were going to do the Savoy as I have a free night cert plus Fairmont status but then I read about the dress code, even just to walk across the lobby, and the stuffiness so I switched to the Conrad and am quite excited. BotB's excellent trip reports and photos sealed the deal for me.
Enjoy, and congrats on the milestone anniversary! I'm sure they will do something special if you mention the occasion to them in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.