Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Arrow [ARCHIVE to 2019] Conrad London St. James {GBR}

As has been reported in the Hilton's joining and leaving thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23242143-post649.html, a new) Conrad will be opening in Westminster (London) this fall (http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...otel-in-london)!! Opening this thread to capture any news relating to this property and future trip reports and the like..

I'm truly looking forward to it as Conrad is my favorite of all Hilton brands. I just hope they keep the Executive Lounge offerings at the level they offer(ed) when the hotel operated as an Intercontinental- Check this trip report out- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23265118-post497.html
Old Aug 1, 2014, 9:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
Twenty four Hilton's in London? Is that right? Heck, the next thing you know they'll be turning Buckingham Palace into a W-A and St James Palace into a DT

Meanwhile, Paris limps along with only one Hilton. I don't consider La Defence close enough in the city.

Oh well, I look forward to the new Conrad Intercontinental but I doubt it'll compare to the Trafalgar for convenience.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 5:03 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by walttom
Twenty four Hilton's in London? Is that right? Heck, the next thing you know they'll be turning Buckingham Palace into a W-A and St James Palace into a DT

Meanwhile, Paris limps along with only one Hilton. I don't consider La Defence close enough in the city.

Oh well, I look forward to the new Conrad Intercontinental but I doubt it'll compare to the Trafalgar for convenience.
LOL ^
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Anthony,

Any word on when the Conrad Westminster will be available for booking? IHG is only taking reservations through 8/31. Hotel hasn't shown up on the Hilton or Conrad websites yet and Sept 1 is just around the corner.

PS Great having you around to provide answers and updates. Thanks!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:15 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
The real question is how many points will they want for a night. I predict 60,000.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:45 pm
jxd

Solid reviews for the IC westminster, #29 on TripAdvisor.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 3:44 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
The real question is how many points will they want for a night. I predict 60,000.
I am pretty certain it will be at a premium to most London hotels. At best I suspect it will be 70k per night, but my semi-educated guess would be that it will slot in at 80k per night - on a par with Hilton Park Lane.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 5:21 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RAPC
I am pretty certain it will be at a premium to most London hotels. At best I suspect it will be 70k per night, but my semi-educated guess would be that it will slot in at 80k per night - on a par with Hilton Park Lane.
I hope not but you maybe right.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
I see that the Hilton site still does not offer rates for future dates, despite its imminent addition to the group. I presume this is because its current operation as an Intercontinental hotel prevents this. Might we need to wait until the Intercontinental contract expires before being able to book on the Hilton site?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
The property will be called the Conrad London St James not Conrad Westminster.

Perhaps someone could update the thread title?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
I recently stayed in this hotel as a IHG Gold Ambassador member. Found the rooms to be very nice and stylish - thought the television in the mirror to be a poor design.

Liked the location and had a great sleep on a Saturday night - not bad for London at all
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:59 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by RAPC
Interesting, I hope you are right, however, I expect it will be 80k if not 95k points. Its a newly renovated hotel and as a Conrad I imagine they can get that kind of level easily and want the cash bookings more. Hope I am wrong. I would personally value it higher than the Park Lane so expect it to be valued points wise higher personally and stupid money for cash bookings. The new WA Amsterdam (a similar value property in my view is 80k as a base...can't see it being lower than that or lower than the Park Lane).

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
The property will be called the Conrad London St James not Conrad Westminster.

Perhaps someone could update the thread title?
Only MOD's can change a title so I've sent them a PM asking them to do so. Thanks for the update on the name.

Originally Posted by francismc
I recently stayed in this hotel as a IHG Gold Ambassador member. Found the rooms to be very nice and stylish - thought the television in the mirror to be a poor design.

Liked the location and had a great sleep on a Saturday night - not bad for London at all
Agree, I have always wanted to stay here but left the IHG chain last year after the devaluation and haven't spent a night with them since. Can't wait to try the hotel as a Conrad. Great location and nice interior with a great lounge should be a winning combination. ^
Old Aug 14, 2014, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I love this property and have spent 13 nights there so far this year. The suites are fabulous and the lounge is great, I suspect like many properties this will be poor value on points, however it will probably be good value for cash, part of the problem the IC Westminster has had is that it has probably been pitched at too expensive a price point. I can't see moving to Conrad will help that and would expect rates to drop a bit.

It will be interesting to see what the Diamond upgrades are as this place has a history of being stingy with RAs.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Just stayed around the corner from this property at the St. Ermins. I really like the area and the new Conrad will be literally across the street from St. James Underground. I walked back from the theater one night and it wS a pleasant walk. Excellent location and I look forward to Hilton upping the ante in their luxury brand in London
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
It's finally showing up on the Hilton and Conrad websites, but not accepting reservations yet:

This hotel will be joining our Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands as of September 1, 2014 but is not yet accepting reservations via this website. For reservations prior to this date, please contact the hotel directly at +44-203-3018080

Shows it as a Cat 9, will be interesting to see how the price points for cash and award stays shake out.

Looking forward to trying it out on my next trip to London and hoping for an initial fire sale (yeah, right).

Last edited by stanj; Aug 15, 2014 at 11:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.