Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/en/h...OCI/index.html

("http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/en/hotels/united-kingdom/conrad-london-st-james-LONCOCI/index.html")
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Now Accepting Reservation.. but!

£429 is the lowest rate per night booking for mid-December for a twin superior room! Yikes. The next most expensive option for the same dates is £279 for the Hilton London Canary Wharf.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
£429 is the lowest rate per night booking for mid-December for a twin superior room! Yikes. The next most expensive option for the same dates is £279 for the Hilton London Canary Wharf.
Also can not see and reward nights with points or points and cash
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
Found £269 for September (Friday's) did a dummy booking wants 41,000 for Exec room uprgrade !

Last edited by mandc2000; Aug 22, 2014 at 2:19 pm Reason: Missed word !
Old Aug 22, 2014, 5:47 pm

A quick perusal of the award calendar shows that the cheapest room for the next 12+ months is over 156K points per night. The room pecking order seems to be 'Deluxe", Grand Deluxe", "Superior", "Executive Level" and Suites. This may indicate that there is not a "standard" room/award to be had.

Can't imagine staying there, but maybe eliminating my type was exactly their plan.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by xooz
The room pecking order seems to be 'Deluxe", Grand Deluxe", "Superior", "Executive Level" and Suites.
Looks more like Superior -> Deluxe -> Grand Deluxe -> Executive -> Suites to me?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:27 pm

Yea, looks like you are correct. The drop down list of room types and the sequence of rooms displayed starts with Deluxe, but Superior seems to be cheaper.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 2:43 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Conrad London St. James

£279 to start for cash prices seems about right for London and considering this will be their flagship hotel here IMO. Park Lane or Trafalgar are usually this price as well.

Points required seems excessive though, would have thought rooms would start at 90k not 100+k
Old Aug 23, 2014, 3:56 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Originally Posted by BotB
£279 to start for cash prices seems about right for London and considering this will be their flagship hotel here IMO. Park Lane or Trafalgar are usually this price as well.

Points required seems excessive though, would have thought rooms would start at 90k not 100+k
I hope they have not got the booking system working right, and the point rates are not yet set right.

This same thing happened at the Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam when they first opened, took some time to get a room at the "normal / standard" point rate.

Many CONRADs and WA hotels never call a room "standard". If you look at the Conrad Algarve, Deluxe rooms go for standard point rates and points and cash.

This hotel just has no rooms called "standard" http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/en/h...ons/index.html

I hope / guess Hilton will pick the lowest class room at this hotel and allow for booking rooms at the standard point rates. It is showing a Cat 9 hotel so by Hilton T&C we should have some rooms without blackout dates at 50,000 to 80,000 Points..

We should email the hotel and ask - [email protected]
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
This property was far from full as an IC at £250 a night. The rates being quoted seem rather optimistic. I don't see it appealing to the typical Park Lane demographic.

I would expect rates to tumble in due course, this property never commanded the same rates as the IC Park Lane despite being a much better property. That wasn't just a marketing problem it is a location problem. Hilton has many other comparable properties in close proximity too.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 2:20 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
This property was far from full as an IC at £250 a night. The rates being quoted seem rather optimistic. I don't see it appealing to the typical Park Lane demographic.

I would expect rates to tumble in due course, this property never commanded the same rates as the IC Park Lane despite being a much better property. That wasn't just a marketing problem it is a location problem. Hilton has many other comparable properties in close proximity too.
+1000 , Increase not justified by simply rebranding. Westminster owners probably not happy with the price point achieved under IHG umbrella, hence the rebrand. Personally I feel Westminster is already at the highest rate of £230-300 their entry level rooms can command.

Can anyone remember initially asked for rates as an IC? I know rate was always lower than IC-PL, and thus probably poached a few RAs looking for a some less expensive UK nights to keep RA status. After sampling Westminster, I mostly continued with my preferred IC-PL and CP-SJ hotel choice.

My early March first year booking was the reduced 30k award so I have no record of initial rates. I do know IC-Westminster were "dumping rooms" as it was relatively easy to BRG in the first 6months, and even first year. I am sure the basic rooms were nothing like £400 ever.

Although the now free lounge offering as HH-D is a good carrot to get me to book Superior/Deluxe, I gave up after ringing up for September London nights, when quoted the new price points for being a Conrad.

One major issue has to be the Westminster's isolated location, quite ok for Business use ... But ... tourists with funds for 5* £400+/night rates will want the better situated, well known locations like Mayfair, Hyde Park, Park Lane, Oxford Street, Trafalgar Square, Knightsbridge locations.

Regards Hilton Branding, I thought WA is the top of the pile, maybe Hilton would not allow Westminster to go the WA route? Just trying out the new WA Amsterdam this weekend, and the WA has a superior hard+soft product to IC Westminster, and City wise, WA is in a good location tourist wise too.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 5:38 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Conrad London St. James

Would love to try out this hotel on my visit to LHR next month but the flexible rate I'm holding is very expensive (£242 at The Trafalgar vs £402 at Conrad). No decent award rates either, so fingers crossed
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:11 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by Princess fiona
Would love to try out this hotel on my visit to LHR next month but the flexible rate I'm holding is very expensive (£242 at The Trafalgar vs £402 at Conrad). No decent award rates either, so fingers crossed
I'm perfectly happy for your to pay those amounts and be the guinea pig! I'm looking at a points stay next May but I can't justify the rate they want to charge me.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
The hotel say that their systems will fully integrate with Hilton on 1st September and that standard rooms should be available from then. Hopefully will happen then, but don't bank on it.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:44 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
should be interesting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.