FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC London Westminster Master Thread (leaving IHG August 31, 2014)
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:55 am
ba_cityflyer

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
A few thoughts on a recent stay... I bookedhttp://foo a Club Room and received a one-category upgrade, as an Ambassador, to a Duplex Suite. The Duplex Suite isn't a particularly big space - only 45sqm across two floors - but very well appointed and couldn't really fault any of it. All very nice. Rather modern, new IC style, think Marseille or Berchtesgaden in terms of decor. Well stocked minibar, apart from Champagne, and included a cocktail shaker and Nespresso machine. The big downside for me would have been the lack of a separate shower - it was merely integrated into the bathtub in quite a small bathroom. Molton Brown toiletries in Club rooms and above a nice touch. I understand the base rooms only have Agraria which I am slowly learning to loathe. Welcome gift was a small bag of chocolates and nothing else.

The club lounge was really very good. In food terms it beats the Park Lane hands down - hot dishes of cod and mash potato were offered on request, as well as self-service cold snacks of cold cuts, cheese, pasta salad, etc. The sprits selection again very good - four whisky choices, including the bonfire that is Ardberg and the much more drinkable Buffalo Trace Bourbon. Gin aficionados will enjoy the Portobello Road gin with Fentimans full-fat or Fever Tree light tonic. I suppose the two big downsides compared to Park Lane are the lack of Champagne - or indeed any sparking wine - and the lack of the wonderful view over London that one gets at Park Lane. Service could not be faulted. Breakfast lounge selection was very good - to the extent I would never bother with restaurant breakfast if one has lounge access.

So in some respects, as one of the few IHG loyalists left on here, I'm quite disappointed it's leaving brand. That said, it's got to be a fantastic offering for the many HHonors Diamonds on here. If you get Club access included, I'd reckon it becomes the best Hilton property in London. But it's not cheap, and there'll be no decent points rates or BRGs with HHonors.