Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2020] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2020] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:32 pm

I'm seeing the King Reef Villa, Queen Reef Villa, King/Queen Beach Villa, and Ocean Villas all bookable for 120k points.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is the difference between Reef Villa and Ocean Villa?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by hawkfan7314
Looking for some answers, if I missed them in previous posts just call me an idiot and tell me the page:

1. What are the hours for the Gold/Diamond Breakfast, how late can we delay going?
2. On their website for the activities brochure I didn't find any regular scuba diving trips, just the classes. Anyone know how much a normal two tank boat dive costs?
3. How late do the transfers go? If we arrive at 2200 will we have to stay in Male until the morning?

Thanks.
2. Thought I posted a pic of the tours but it didn't have any scuba info. I have emailed them directly and will let you all know.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:04 pm
wsc

I am going next week, two questions:
1) The 4pm-5pm snack + drink, can you wrap it up for your room?
2) TV in the room: Is there on demand movies? Does TV have HDMI in that you can use? I am thinking to bring my laptop to watch films.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by wsc
It's better you don't ask this kind of question here, some justice league member here will tell you that you don't belong here, but remember last time they are fighting for "breakfast to go", not afternoon happy hour. Ha Ha.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:41 pm
wsc

Originally Posted by Kimomo
It's better you don't ask this kind of question here, some justice league member here will tell you that you don't belong here, but remember last time they are fighting for "breakfast to go", not afternoon happy hour. Ha Ha.
I know ha!
Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:06 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AF gold, HHdiamond
Originally Posted by wsc
I know ha!
Nice timing.. I will be at the WA also next week! ... and i know who to look for at the afternoon snack tea time
Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ScubaRoo
I think we are getting into semantics here, but in addition to cancellation of afternoon tea and reduced benefits to HH members (eg less breakfast choices at Vilu, Happy hour reductions) all for cost cutting, there are also clearly concerns about the capability of some of the current staff at CR. Again not their fault, sounds like they just need investing in training and gaining more experience.
Is this the right thread?

Originally Posted by wsc
2) TV in the room: Is there on demand movies? Does TV have HDMI in that you can use? I am thinking to bring my laptop to watch films.
1) You can take the food away if you want but I doubt you would. Food offerring is weak. It does look good for Instagram because some people really believe you eat with your eyes. I believe eating should invoke all five senses. Anyway if you were there for only food component of the afternoon tea, you might not go back after your first visit.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
What is the difference between Reef Villa and Ocean Villa?
Go a few posts up and you will find the answer to your question.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:27 pm

I'm glad Hilton is removing the 100k points earning limit per stay tomorrow!
Old Jan 8, 2020, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by j.cerda
It appears that they have re-named the King Reef Villa to King Ocean Villa.
That's was from Dec 20, 2019 but it doesn't match current website. King Ocean Villa has substantially higher rate than King Reef Villa. What is the difference?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Just watched the resort's IGTV and Ministry Of Crab turned up for Christmas!! I am impressed!
Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:19 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Second, the resort is not having guests consistently stay before the advertised end of renovations (like I've said before, do that at your own risk).....

I just want to clarify something regarding the current issues at the Conrad Maldives:

In our case we did NOT ask to stay in any villa BEFORE the conclusion of any renovations. We never wanted to stay in an unfinished villa that was not QC’ed and never would have visited the Conrad if there was any risk of this happening on our 3rd stay. We never intended to take on any risk at all.

For those unfamiliar with our experience during our 3rd visit to the CMRI, please reference the Conrad forum. In synopsis:

+ We agreed on a paid upgrade 11 months pre-stay to be specifically in a RWV for all 7 nights of our stay (only water villa there with any chance of substantial sea life nearby); and the only reason we came back for 3rd stay was to stay in the RWV section

+ About 3 weeks prior to our stay we were informed that all RWV’s were “renovated” to become GWVs and we could elect to pay an additional $50++/night upgrade charge to be in Grand Villa with pool (we accepted)

+ Two days prior we re-confirmed GWV with Pool upgrade for ALL seven nights of our stay

+ On arrival the cluster show / mess happens that I detail on the Conrad forum (4 different villas in 7 nights; GWV with pool for only 3 nights; construction materials scattered in villa; no AC, no hot water)

If the Conrad Maldives can’t deliver the Villa that has been confirmed on the dates booked then it should inform guests well before arrival and not right after they land on the island. The Conrad Maldives fails completely in all aspects of communication when things go wrong (a true reflection of poor management).

In addition, a true 5 star resort should not let any guests stay in any room that is not completely finished with construction - we were told the renovation of our GWV was complete minus some new furniture. Guests should definitely not be allowed to stay in a villa that has not been adequately QC’ed by the staff. Guests shouldn’t be “taking on risks” to stay at a true 5 star resort - they should just be on vacation.

In my opinion the Conrad Maldives is very poorly managed at the moment. I sincerely hope they fix all their issues so that it becomes a property that I trust again to visit with my very precious holiday time.

Last edited by brandonpkt; Jan 9, 2020 at 12:59 am
Old Jan 9, 2020, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by htran88
I'm glad Hilton is removing the 100k points earning limit per stay tomorrow!
Thanks for posting this, hadn't heard it yet! Checking in on Sunday :-)
Old Jan 9, 2020, 5:55 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
I just went to add another night on points to my upcoming reservation and made two interesting discoveries:
  • Points reservations now have a 30 day cancellation window rather than 14 days
  • Points reservations now require a cash deposit matching the nightly cash cost of the room
What's worse is that nowhere during the online booking process was I told what the deposit amount would be. I had to call Hilton who confirmed that for a single night my deposit for a points booking would be $3,005

That's certainly one way to discourage people from burning points here...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.